Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Further tweaked Entrenchment build rate, and Garrison recruitment rate. Still need more testing to check if it's a reasonable implementation.
Fixed not being able to build Troop Transports of minor races in their homesystem. TTs now use the design owner's combat strength when invading, instead of the controlling empire's. (Garrisons have not been implemented in invasions yet though, it's still population that defends the system for now)
Finished implementing minor race homesystem placement for Canon.
Made Science Stations only buildable in specific types of star systems. This helps with the 64-bit Win10 issue where the button isn't enabled. Also made the station types be selectable by double-clicking on them, so the mentioned issue is no longer a problem.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed the display issue when attacking a station the turn it finishes building.
Stations can now be upgraded.
All fleet orders now working more sensibly.
Implemented Military score, to be refined later.

Started working on War Weariness.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The AI will now build and upgrade stations according to what is being discussed here.
While at it, I also made it be able to build Heavy Cruisers when available.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Implemented a warning dialog when building a station and issuing another order to the fleet (whether by accident or on purpose).
Workarounds for an issue where the game doesn't allow advancing to tech level 12 (and thus not build the Explorer III).
Temporary implementation of the Trade Routes tab in the Assets screen, which for now only filters the colony list for those colonies with assigned TRs. Will be changed later, and the Shipyards tab too. An Overview tab will be added, with scores and whatnot.

Entrenchment damage is not working, War Weariness is being difficult to implement, there's a crash with minor race TTs - I might leave these alone for a while, or try to find less sophisticated ways to code them...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Shipyard indicator in starmap grayed out if no active docks.
PF upgrades multi-build fixed.
Shipyards and Trade Routes tabs partially implemented - need to make it more streamlined.

Thanks for the feedback D.!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Shipyards tab pretty much finalized.
Trade Routes tab still a WiP.

I think I know what the crash mentioned here is. The AI might be trying to build OBs of a level higher than the system already has. Trying to fix it.

The agent related crash has been hot-fixed for now, I think. (the hot-fix is actually more efficient in processing time though less flexible)

Will add ETA to agent's profile.
Attachments
SYTab.JPG
SYTab.JPG (32.95 KiB) Viewed 7656 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Trade Routes tab implemented - only a smallish detail missing.
War Weariness implemented, though it'll probably be changed later.
Agent's profile shows ETA - still need to fix the retirement issue.
SitReps for fleets arriving at empty sectors too.
Disable star animations when fully zoomed out.
Added confirmation for cancelling trade routes (no penalty yet, having trouble with it)
TRs can onlt be cancelled by right-clicking on them now.
Added hints to anomaly descriptions about benefits of surveying.
The Economy and Military overview modes are kind of working, but still need to refresh the screen when set ; still a WiP.
SeaBee-T
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SeaBee-T »

War weariness, now that's going to throw a wrench into my domination plans! :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's the plan ;)
That is, if you're planning on playing the wimpy Feds. If you play the Klingons though, it'll not affect you. :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed the Train Crew order, which got borked in the previous release. Also, reworked it to only be disabled when all ships in the fleet (instead of the first ship) reach max XP from training.
Fixed the average morale display, which wasn't working correctly in some situations.
Working on the Assets screen.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:29 pm Fixed the Train Crew order, which got borked in the previous release. Also, reworked it to only be disabled when all ships in the fleet (instead of the first ship) reach max XP from training.
But ships in the fleet that have reached max training level will not receive any further XP.

- Non-native colonies will now not create any trade routes by default (based on population). Only Buildings with the +TradeRoutes bonus will allow creating trade routes originating from those colonies.
- Slight adjustments to base growth rates (Hostile planets 0%, Marginal 1%)
- Fixed the retired envoys issue.
- Civs' personality added in the civ list in the Diplomacy screen
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

AI empires now assign envoys to other civs.
Stations will now produce research points if in an anomaly, same as with survey.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Unstable wormholes do not automatically destroy fleets, but will send them to a random location on the map; there is a chance that they will be destroyed, still.
mooshuo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by mooshuo »

Hi there Iceman.

Longtime BoTF fan. Had a craving for some BoTF and was surprised to learn of a BoTF2 project so I downloaded it.

Playing it right now. Great game so far! Very well designed.

Questions:

- I have Scout Is sitting around while I have the Scout II technology unlocked. How do you upgrade ships?

- Any chance of a power graph at the end of a retire?

-Also, do you have plans for a "canon" map with preset number of planets owned by the respective Empires/Minor Races and also maybe "scenarios" you could play (i.e. Dominion War, Cardassian-Federation War, Borg Invasions of the Federation, etc) with featured specific events (ex. Battle of Sector 001 - Borg Event, 1 Borg Cube spawns on the edge of Federation territory and heads straight to Sol)

Suggestions:

- The UI sounds are extremely loud compared to the sound effects/music and there is no way to adjust its volume. In fact I have to turn my sound to literally 1 on the desktop to avoid getting my ears blasted by "Aye, sir!" Can you lower the volume please or provide a volume adjust for UI sounds?

- On the topic of UI sounds, is it possible to add some of the clicking sounds for selecting ships/scrapping/etc from the original BoTF?

- On the technology screen, would it be possible to show all possible structures/ships regardless if you have unlocked it or not in the Encyclopedia? Even at "Supreme" tech level 10, you need to actually play the game to see the final ships for level 11-12. BoTF had all structures/ships shown and those that are unavailable are marked red and says "Unavailable". Can you do something similar?

- The "Credits Per Turn" adjusting for one-time purchases is confusing. It's hard to tell how much credits I am making per turn. I have to not buy anything a turn for it to show the true "credits per turn". Would it be possible to adjust it so that purchases on a turn do not affect the "Credits Per Turn" actual income. In the previous BoTF I used this knowledge to find out if I am losing money through ship maintenance costs. The Empire's total population is used to defray the cost; if ship maintenance exceeds an empire's total population, then the cost is removed from your income (speaking of which, is the ship maintenance cost function the same in Supremacy?"). I keep fleet levels just under max population for max income + military strength.

Finally, these final notes is more trivial and canon-related:

- The diplomacy messages (war, membership, etc.) are kind of oddly worded, very short and clunky. The original BoTF had pretty well worded diplomacy messages with three tones even. You can straight hijack the words for the major empires (except the Dominion). Minor races messages from BoTF are generic and exactly the same for every race (except for a few exceptions). If you really want to get a canon-feel, I suggest watching all the episodes related to a minor race (i.e the Edo - TNG Coming of Age", etc.) for how they talk and greet Starfleet personnel. Actually I can do it for you if you like! I'm sort of an amateur writer.

- The Cruiser I for the Cardassians is listed as a "Kraxxon"-(class) ship. From what I remember and searched, there is no Kraxon-class ship except a named ship called CDS Kraxon and that ship was a Galor-class (in Deep Space Nine episode "Defiant").

- The Klingon Empire racial leader portrait on the Empire selection screen I think would best represented by Gowron instead of the Kahless emperor clone. He's just a figurehead and does not have actual government power whereas Gowron holds the real power (as stated in the TNG episode "Rightful Heir"). Also Gowron appeared in several TNG/DS9 episodes compared to the Kahless clone who only appeared in one. As for the Dominion, while the Founders/Changlings are the true leaders, most of the day-to-day business of managing the Dominion is handled by the Vorta. Also the Founders are not sent often by members of the Dominion and outside of it even less so. Vortas are more "public" and often times give out speeches on behalf of the Founders. I feel Weyoun would be perfect. All the other leaders are spot on though (maybe switch out the random no-name Fed President with Jonathan Archer as he is more well known and shown in more episodes).

Thanks again for reading this. I hope you continue to work towards completing this project.

Once again, awesome game.

Cheers,
Mooshuo
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

mooshuo wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:24 pm Hi there Iceman.
Longtime BoTF fan. Had a craving for some BoTF and was surprised to learn of a BoTF2 project so I downloaded it.
Playing it right now. Great game so far! Very well designed.
Hey mooshuo, welcome to Supremacy, and these forums!
Glad you're enjoying the game.
Questions:

- I have Scout Is sitting around while I have the Scout II technology unlocked. How do you upgrade ships?

- Any chance of a power graph at the end of a retire?

-Also, do you have plans for a "canon" map with preset number of planets owned by the respective Empires/Minor Races and also maybe "scenarios" you could play (i.e. Dominion War, Cardassian-Federation War, Borg Invasions of the Federation, etc) with featured specific events (ex. Battle of Sector 001 - Borg Event, 1 Borg Cube spawns on the edge of Federation territory and heads straight to Sol)
These are all planned features, they will eventually be added as time permits.
Ship upgrade, I'm not really sure which route to take: as a task force order, or a shipyard build order. The latter is probably more complex to implement.
The power graph, I might just do a score chart as a first implementation, and do it properly later.
We already have one (actually several) canon map in an excel spreadsheet, ready to be converted into a canon map. We need a map editor though (you know anyone that can make one? ;) ), or some way of editing a savegame to turn it into a canon map.

Return to “Supremacy”