BOTF All in One installer 2.0.0 (Released 7-10-2020)

This forum contains threads from support forum outdated or no longer neede.

Moderator: thunderchero

Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: BOTF All in One installer 1.0.1 (Released 6-12-2017)

Post by Army37 »

[quote=thunderchero post_id=48949 time=1523280637 user_id=3]
since you stated it will not launch from install folder, it sounds like your video does not support the installed resolution.

the tools version install controls if it is windowed or fullscreen. but this is only the "target" path of shortcut. So if you change folder path of shortcut you can switch between fullscreen and windows without un-installing.

example for vanilla (default install path)
fullscreen target
C:\botf\tools\dxwnd_Fullscreen\dxwnd.exe /R:1
windowed target
C:\botf\tools\dxwnd_windowed\dxwnd.exe /R:1

I tried to use the Fullscreen version for vanilla. I get the following:
THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY 0xc0000142
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

If I click on the Vanilla shortcut Icon on my desktop, it plays the intro (windowed), it let me select the Faction I want to play. The Intro movie of that faction also play but when going to the galaxy map, it crashes to desktop (no crashlog)
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

you have lost me, what are you trying to do?

when was the last time it worked and how was it working? (fullscreen or windowed)
after when did it stop working?
does anything work now?
when you went to fullscreen did you un-install everything?
when installing please list all options you selected
Army37 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:34 am If I click on the Vanilla shortcut Icon on my desktop, it plays the intro (windowed), it let me select the Faction I want to play. The Intro movie of that faction also play but when going to the galaxy map, it crashes to desktop (no crashlog)
was this installed as windowed or fullscreen
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

It never worked before as I found out yesterday about that installer.
I made a fresh install (removed all previous multi mod and started from scratch)

Vanilla Full screen doesn't work - getting that message: THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY 0xc0000142
(full screen was yesterday when I installed DxWnd and most of the mods.

This morning, uninstalled everything. Installed DxWnd + vanilla and Galaxies {in Windowed mode)
Vanilla Windowed screen - Game Start, able to select, Feds/Klingons etc....movie for the race works...after movie finishes, game crashes to desktop. no crash log

I tried the savegame 4 in Vanilla (Romulans fight), I'm able to move 1 turn, get into the battle but once I try to start the fight, it crashes to desktop
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

what OS are you using?
It might help to run installer as admin
what antivirus do you have installed?
Army37 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am Vanilla Windowed screen - Game Start, able to select, Feds/Klingons etc....movie for the race works...after movie finishes, game crashes to desktop. no crash log

I tried the savegame 4 in Vanilla (Romulans fight), I'm able to move 1 turn, get into the battle but once I try to start the fight, it crashes to desktop
I have never heard of this type of issue, In most cases if you get that far you are good. this is what I do not understand.

when in opening screens and movies what resolution is it? and does it match what option you selected?
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

I just re-installed DxWnd, Vanilla and Colony mods in Windowed Mode.....I had to change the DxWnd to "Run as Administrator". It works fine.
Was able to play a few turns on Vanilla and Colony. Will Un-Install and do the same thing in fullscreen Mode to see if it works
biabia22030
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by biabia22030 »

Just reinstalled the latest All-in-One after not having it on my laptop for a while (Windows 10). Worked find in the past.

However with the most recent version I'm finding that if I install to C:\botf that when I launch any of the mods (or vanilla) I get the trek.exe error 0xc0000142 and the game doesn't even launch.

If I install to C:\Program Files (x86)\botf then the game runs fine, but I cannot save any games. I save a game, then go to the main menu and go to Load Game and there's nothing there. This happens with all mods. The save files are there in the directory (e.g. game0.sav, game1.sav, etc) but they are all 0 bytes which indicates to me that the games aren't saving at all, or they're saving to some other unknown location.

Any ideas?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

you need to set DxWnd.exe (windowed or fullscreen) in tools folder to "run as admin"

this should take care of install location issue and save also.

I have now updated "known issues"

1. If you get trek.exe error when starting game DxWnd.exe may needs to be ran as administrator.
2. when starting new games on edited maps (Galaxies mod, Ultimate mod 5, large map versions and all 1366 x 768) still has random CTD due to galaxy generation. so video should be allowed to run at least 1/2 way.
3. some desktop icon may display white (no proper icon image) this is a windows issue with icon cache. After Reboot icon should display properly.
4. due to the size of installer, after first executing it may take 10 -20 sec before select language dialog opens. this is normal due to file size and your security that is running.
5. after installer completes and you select finish button, The trek icon in task bar will remain until all temp files are deleted. example if you install everything and at 1366 it may take 2-3 min to delete all the temp files.
biabia22030
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by biabia22030 »

thunderchero wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 pm you need to set DxWnd.exe (windowed or fullscreen) in tools folder to "run as admin"

this should take care of install location issue and save also.
Worked like a charm, thank you so much for being responsive and continuing to be dedicated to this game! I love this game and am so happy I can continue to play it. I've never found another quite like it. I would love an updated version with more modern AI programming and updated Trek universe (though the mods do a great job for what we have to work with). It'd be amazing.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I noticed today the "All in one v 1.0.1" has went over 10,000 downloads since it's release on 6-12-2017.

And it still amazes me how popular this game is after almost 19 years. :grin:

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

That is indeed awesome. :up:
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

Amazing is a word that applies, incredible, and understandable also apply.

It's a great game premise, was a decent game when it came out and the work this community has put into it has taken it into the realm of classic.
SeaBee-T
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SeaBee-T »

Definitely kudos to the community for bringing this classic into the 21st century! :D
TheShepherd
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by TheShepherd »

Hi, I've only just returned after a number of years being away. So, I've just downloaded the installer and have reached the component screen: which components to install. Now I'm somewhat at a loss. I don't remember what the different mods do. Can someone offer a friendly advice on what to start on? Or, perhaps, there is a “standard” mod being played?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

the installer list was sorted mainly by popularity, with the oldest/incomplete mods at bottom of list.

Return to “Support Archive”