What can I do to help

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: What can I do to help

Post by Iceman »

The Kazon building (Defence Post) needs to be renamed and we need a new description for it. The current bonus is not used/implemented, and the Kazon are now a Raider civ. So we need a new name and a description to match a building that provides a +PercentRaiding bonus.

Same thing for the Orions, which are also a Raider civ. We need a rewrite/adjustment to the Orion Syndicate building, to reflect the +PercentRaiding bonus.

If someone wants to tackle this, it'd be great! Post ideas here, or send me a PM, or whatever is most convenient.
Thanks in advance!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

@mooshuo:

The files you might be most interested in are:

Resources\Data\CivStringDatabase.xml
Resources\Text\DiplomacyText.xaml
blotunga
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blotunga »

Hey guys, just chiming in. I did the Java port of Birth of the Empires.
You could probably reuse our combat engine at some level (even extend and improve it if you like - I also was thinking about giving basic control over some aspects to the player). It's mostly suited for 3D though I only made a 2D projection of it because we have no 3D models. If I'd have time I'd even help you out, alas I don't have much. If you want to see how it works, grab BotE from itch.io and run it with --editor, then check the combat simulator.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey blotunga!
That would be awesome! Do you think it could be integrated into Supremacy?
Danijel is currently working on the 3D models, and he just completed them for all the major civs! He has done an amazing job! Some of those models are being tweaked as we found some issues, but it is looking great.

I'll try to take a look at your combat simulator, thanks!
Your help would be much appreciated, of course, if you could find some time.
blotunga
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blotunga »

Hey Iceman,
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible? The logic is fairly well segregated and can be taken out. Most of it is in two classes here: https://bitbucket.org/sarkanyi/bote-lib ... ?at=master
You can check CombatShip.java and Combat.java.
The combat itself uses a 400 unit sized cube (a ship's position is a unit) where the ships (and torpedos) move around. It already uses 3D coordinates so a with a little effort it wouldn't be all that hard to integrate.

I'm not sure when I could help, but if something is unclear, ask away and I will respond eventually.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Danijel could use some extra help with texturing the ship models, so that he can have more free time to work on redoing the models.
Anyone up for the challenge, please let us know. The more help he gets, the faster it gets done.
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Anyone up to writing the Encyclopedia entry for the Remans? I'll do the same with the Romulans and Remans as with the Dominion and Jem'Hadar and Vorta, showing all their descriptions on contact.
Right now I'm going with the Memory Alpha text (in Races.xaml), but if someone could write something in the sme vein as the other descriptions, that would be great.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Some really cool models for Federation (14:22 21:30 35:33) and Romulan (20:04 30:14) shipyards, starbases and orbital batteries!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I've added a details dialog when you build a station, with the station's image and the corresponding soundfx, but we need the details text - something in the same vein as the colonization one (you know, "you have to take really good care of this new colony so that blah blah blah").
Anyone interested in helping with that?

Should different station types have different details texts? I mean Outposts and Starbases, and even Science Stations and Transwarp Hubs, since all of them have different purposes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Since the Borg are a special "empire", it'd be cool to have them get more personalized SitReps. If there is someone out there that can really "incarnate" the Borg and write some texts for them, it'd be awesome!

Some SitReps only have a summary text, the one in the Summary/SitRep end of turn list.
Some have a details window, with a header (same as the summary text mentioned above), a details text (a longer description), an image and a soundfx.
The needed texts mentioned below indicate which type they fall into.

[SITREP_BORG_ELIMINATED_HEADER] - the summary/header text for when the Borg are eliminated from the game

[SITREP_BORG_ELIMINATED_DETAILS] - the details text for when the Borg are eliminated from the game; something about the menace being eliminated?

[SITREP_CIVILIZATION_ELIMINATED_BORG] - the summary text for when a civ is eliminated by the Borg

[SITREP_CONTACT_WITH_THE_BORG_HEADER] - the summary/header text for when a civ encounters the Borg

[SITREP_CONTACT_WITH_THE_BORG_DETAILS] - the details text for when a civ encounters the Borg

Improvements to existing texts needed:

[SITREP_SYSTEM_ASSIMILATED_BORG]
System {0} assimilated, all {1} {2} inhabitants have been linked to the Collective.

[SITREP_SYSTEM_ASSIMILATED]
Our colony in the {0} system was assimilated by the Borg.

[SITREP_SYSTEM_ASSIMILATED_DETAILS]
We have lost all contact with our colony in the {0} system. All {1} colonists have been assimilated by the Borg!

[SITREP_CIVILIZATION_ELIMINATED_BORG]
The {0} does not exist anymore.

It'd also probably be nice to have different texts for when a civ destroys a Borg colony (by bombardment), and when a civ subjugates a colony (which results in its destruction too).

And maybe have a different summary text for starvation - doesn't seem quite right with them :mrgreen:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Here's an example, though not a very inspired one...
Attachments
TheBorg.PNG
TheBorg.PNG (148.02 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

We need a new Greeting text for the Teplans.
"Take care not to defy the Dominion or your people will pay the same price we did." doesn't sound quite right if you're playing the Dominion and meet them (which is not hard since both are in the GQ) :twisted:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

How about something like:
"A once technologically advanced populace now looks only for a warm bed to die in.. all because of this Blight we've been infected with. We implore you, help us!"
It does mean, however, that the infection would have occurred by the Jem'Hadar before they met them.. And that they would be asking for help from the very people that infected them :/ But there's no way around that, unless, of course we have race specific texts for all minor races.. which isn't ganna happen..
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hehe, you're right. The new text is good, I'll replace the old one. Thanks!

Yes, different greeting texts, I don't think so. Diplomatic reports, maybe.

Return to “Supremacy”