Attachments
Civilizations.xml
(94.09 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

mooshuo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: greeting texts

Post by mooshuo » Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Oh I already started on a Civilization file I downloaded the last week of April.

Started at the bottom and working my way up. Sooo many races. And some of these races are 1-episode, very obscure. I have to do research/watch episodes to find the right words to put as the greetings.

This will take a while.

Iceman
Captain
Captain

Post by Iceman » Tue May 15, 2018 3:37 am

Please if possible use the file I posted, it'll save me some work.

There's no rush. Take your time.
I can make it to default to the DiplomacyReport text if the greeting text is not available.

I'll probably release a new build on friday or so, but this can in the release after that, or attached here for people to get and replace.

Iceman
Captain
Captain

Post by Iceman » Wed May 16, 2018 2:35 pm

We should use the current DiplomacyReport (in Civilizations.xml) of the Borg as their greeting text - meaning, copying it to the new tag - and replace it with a description of the Borg in the same vein as the rest of the DiplomacyReports for the other empires ("The Borg Collective is a ...").
This DiplomacyReport text is displayed in the Single Player Start Screen (when choosing a civ to play) and in the Diplomacy Screen (and currently still in the 1st contact window).

Not sure if the Description (in Races.xml) of the Borg should also be re-written to match the other empires' descriptions.
This text is only displayed in the Encyclopedia.

Return to “Supremacy”