Attachments
Civilizations.xml
(94.09 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
mooshuo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: greeting texts

Post by mooshuo »

Oh I already started on a Civilization file I downloaded the last week of April.

Started at the bottom and working my way up. Sooo many races. And some of these races are 1-episode, very obscure. I have to do research/watch episodes to find the right words to put as the greetings.

This will take a while.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Please if possible use the file I posted, it'll save me some work.

There's no rush. Take your time.
I can make it to default to the DiplomacyReport text if the greeting text is not available.

I'll probably release a new build on friday or so, but this can in the release after that, or attached here for people to get and replace.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

We should use the current DiplomacyReport (in Civilizations.xml) of the Borg as their greeting text - meaning, copying it to the new tag - and replace it with a description of the Borg in the same vein as the rest of the DiplomacyReports for the other empires ("The Borg Collective is a ...").
This DiplomacyReport text is displayed in the Single Player Start Screen (when choosing a civ to play) and in the Diplomacy Screen (and currently still in the 1st contact window).

Not sure if the Description (in Races.xml) of the Borg should also be re-written to match the other empires' descriptions.
This text is only displayed in the Encyclopedia.
mooshuo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by mooshuo »

Hey guys,

Sorry for disappearing for a while... a ton of things hit me at once.

I was able to finish P-Z (starting from the bottom). I've attached the civ file.

Some races were harder to figure out greetings for if I was not able to watch the episode where they were prominently featured.

Anyways, I hope this helps out. Cheers.
Attachments
Civilizations.xml
(98.51 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey mooshuo, glad to see you back!
RL has precedence over everything else, don't worry ;)
Thanks for your work, I'll work on the code to support this.
Cheers
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, implemented the greeting texts for the next release.

To whoever will be tackling the Borg:

We should use the current DiplomacyReport (in Civilizations.xml) of the Borg as their greeting text - meaning, copying it to the new tag - and replace it with a description of the Borg in the same vein as the rest of the DiplomacyReports for the other empires ("The Borg Collective is a ...").
This DiplomacyReport text is displayed in the Single Player Start Screen (when choosing a civ to play) and in the Diplomacy Screen (and currently still in the 1st contact window).

Not sure if the Description (in Races.xml) of the Borg should also be re-written to match the other empires' descriptions.
This text is only displayed in the Encyclopedia.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A few fixes to the greetings texts.

Also, moved the DiplomacyReport for the Borg to Greeting, and copied the Description text to DiplomacyReport. Description will get an adaptation of the text in Memory Alpha for now.
Attachments
Civilizations.xml
(99 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

Return to “Supremacy”