Cursor for 4K

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Cursor for 4K

Post by Iceman »

I'm playing on a 4k 50 inch monitor. The game displays remarkably well in general, nice work. However, the cursor is so small I'm frequently finding it hard to find. Often the best way is to move it off onto another monitor so the default windows cursor appears, so I have a clue where it will be when I move it back into the game window. Maybe an option to set a custom cursor or set its size somehow?
Alex, can you test these and see which version is best for you?
You have to rename the files to cursor.cur (remove the M or L) and place them one at a time in
\Resources\Cursors
(make sure to rename or make a backup of the current cursor.cur)

LMK if it makes it any better for you, and I'll see what I can do to add them to the game.
Attachments
Cursors.zip
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Cursor for 4K

Post by Iceman »

This one seems to work ok, but I haven't actually tested it in 4K.

I managed to get the game to switch cursors based on rez in the main menu and SP start screen. But when the game starts it defaults back to the small(er) one...
Attachments
cursor4K.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Cursor for 4K

Post by Iceman »

Added cursor4K.cur to the game. For now it only works before you Start a game (Main Menu and associated screens).

Best approach for now is to make a backup of cursor.cur, and rename/make a copy of cursor4K.cur to cursor.cur (The cursor is hardcoded in Global.xaml)

Cursor is located at \Resources\Cursors
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Cursor for 4K

Post by Iceman »

Fixed this for the next release, cursor working when actually playing the game too.
Feedback welcome.

Return to “Supremacy”