Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Ah, the Intercept order is giving me headaches... ;)
I'll probably upload a new release in a couple of days, with the Terraform order still incomplete and the Intercept order not always working correctly (and probably "cheating" a little). Before I lose my mind :D
I've also been improving and cleaning up the SitReps, there were some inneficiencies and redundancies there - it's more localization friendly too. Hope I haven't broken anything though, heh. Same with the fleet orders, I had to redo most of them so that they made more sense, hope I haven't introduced any weird behaviors - unfortunaely, I haven't had the time to test them all.
The AI now enters wormholes, but sometimes it seems to "forget" to use the endpoint to get back within range when it gets stranded... the code is good, there just seems to be some weird stuff with the AI processing in some situations.

I think the game might hang, under some specific conditions, when non-combat ships fire their defensive weapons and destroy their target (if it is the last ship on its side), I'll try to nail it down. Also, non-combat ships with defensive weapons seem to act like combat ships from round 2 onwards, not sure why... I'll have to review that code.

Thanks for the support, Blake! Can't wait to see your next Supremacy video! ;)
The game has come a long way since the last one.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new build!

Note:
The Intercept fleet order is not working correctly (yet), and the Terraform doesn´t do anything concrete (just a placeholder for now).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:33 pm Mercantile minors get default trade routes (as some do not have a +TradeRoutes building).
Undid this change, and instead will change the bonus of their buildings to +TradeRoutes where applicable.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A new build is up, replacing the previous one. Sorry about that, there was a bug with memberships.
I also added a small bonus to Regard when terraforming another civ´s systems (but terraforming is still not working).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The game crashes when trying to terraform an uncolonized system - missing a simple check there... will fix tomorrow. As mentioned above, terraforming is not actually working, so no big deal. Might re-release.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Disabled the build button on all docks in a shipyard when it is being upgraded, so you can't build ships during the process; it's not working (yet) for the turn you start building the upgrade though. Will make the Shipyards tab in the Assets screen show the upgrade is in progress.
I have not shut down the shipyard during the upgrade because that could cause fleets to get stranded.

More work done on Terraforming, but I'm having trouble getting a planet to be the target of the fleet order...

Working on bonuses for Buildings, got rid of a few, need to streamline all the Intel related ones, maybe make some others more intuitive. Some tweaks to the database as a consequence, still needs a (thorough) pass - when I have the time.

Also trying some improvements in 3+ way battles, namely having the Hail button active in any round where you're facing only civs you haven't engaged in that battle yet and that you're not at war with (in some battles you're facing 2 civs and you don't want to fight one of them).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:11 pm Also, non-combat ships with defensive weapons seem to act like combat ships from round 2 onwards, not sure why... I'll have to review that code.
I think I´ve fixed this issue.

I also rewrote a large chunk of the combat engine, improving the way it handles cloak, 3+ way battles, stations, targeting, etc.
Still needs a lot of testing.

Some work on Building bonuses. Added +%Research and +%Intelligence (both local), and +%IntelligenceEmpireWide (global) - they're now working, though Intelligence still has no effect in the game.

Scanners are now negated by Quasars, except those from Science ships.
Tweaked the science outputs of anomalies a bit.

Implemented the ScrapOrder and TerraformOrder soundfx.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The 4k cursor now works in the game proper too, not just before you start it - I think there might be some screens (at least one for sure) where it defaults to the regular cursor, feedback on this would be appreciated.

A Station's status display will change if it is upgrading.

A civ's Computers tech level now provides bonuses to targeting during combat. Command ships or combat stations (OP and SB) increase those bonuses.
It's rare, but combat can hang for a reason I have not yet discovered. Looking into it.

Terraforming is kind of working but not yet complete. For now it just selects automatically the best unterraformed planet in the system - will have to work on that. BioTech tech level provides a bonus, but the formula still needs to be tweaked a bit.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Tried to fix an exception with the audio engine (non-fatal).

More work done on the combat engine. Also fixed the hang mentioned above.

More work done on terraforming. See attached pic.
For now, human players need to terraform at least one planet in the system in order to colonize it. AI players don't, as I've yet to teach the AI how terraforming works.
Attachments
terraforming.PNG
terraforming.PNG (147.28 KiB) Viewed 5419 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Finally have initiative in battle working in a sensible way. Combat is (obviously) getting slower to process though, with all the smallish details.
Will try to improve the way 3+ way battles work next.

Science Stations' scanners will also not be negated by Quasars now (oops, had forgotten about those) - but I'm not sure how interesting this actually is, given the "strength" of Quasars... maybe it should be the other way around, these negating the Quasar's effect entirely?

I'll also swap the science bonuses of Ion Storms (Energy) with those of the Pulsars (Weapons). Seems to make a bit more sense.

Also thinking of making Pulsars kill some crew. Eventually I'll add some weapons to ships that also kill crew. I'll have to fix the formula though, because it is broken!

Added a couple more Personalities to minor races: Allegiant (for the Coridans, Tellarites, Axanar, ...) and Isolationist (Aldeans, Ba'ku, etc). Will add logic for them soon.

Fixed a bug with retreats.

Some love for the Borg. Also, conquering their colonies now destroys them.

Trying to remove cheating from Intercept. It's probably almost working as intended, need to test a bit.

Some more work on Terraforming, should be almost done (except for the AI and selecting planets manually), some more finishing touches and it should be ok for release.
Boar25
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boar25 »

Is Supremecy the newest MOD? If so, does anyone have a link where I can download it? Thanks
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Boar25
If you're asking if Supremacy is a mod for BotF, the answer is no.
Supremacy is pretty much a BotF2, a stand-alone game based on BotF.
The link to the download is in the original topic, here it is again:

https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/downloads/

Feedback is welcome!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I think I have the Intercept order "working" - with no cheating. Just one final tweak and it should be ready to go.
Scrapped the +Intercept bonus, and coded the +PercentIntercept one, which is now working. All bonuses should now be implemented (the Intel ones still not having a direct effect in the game).
At some point I will teach the AI to build an interception fleet with destroyers.

Terraforming should be good to go for now too, just one more smallish improvement to the SitRep.

Ship combat is much better now. Still needs some tweaks to target selection, and better AI decision making when it comes to which order to issue based on threat level.
To make the game more challenging at this point, and while difficulty levels are not yet implemented, I have made ships of AI civs start at different XP ranks, according to which starting level you chose at game start. This will be tweaked to take into account if the civ is warlike or not and its tech rating - I just need to come up with a good formula.
The Borg are back to starting at Green, since with the new targeting bonuses they were kind of too good... Their initiative is also low, so their opponents might have a chance to actually down some of their beast ships :twisted:

A lot of refactoring with some enhancements (crew XP used for a lot of smallish stuff, etc).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Starmap will show wormhole connections when both ends have been explored - still needs to be tweaked to when the WH has been surveyed or actually used.
Also changed the station display from a generic "S" to a different letter for each station type (O for Outpost, B for Starbase, S for Science Station and H for Transwarp Hub). Should I use 2 letters in smaller size (OP, SB, SS, TH)?
Working on adding Economic data (pop, etc).

Added an indication in the Assets screen, Star Systems tab, when a system is fully terraformed.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

When the Dominion creates a colony in a Rogue planet in a nebula, the inhabiting race will be the Founders instead of the Jem´Hadar (like in other systems). Will tweak the database to make those systems have some advantages.

Stations that are being upgraded will not have shields or fire weapons when in combat.

Color coded population and trade routes in starmap when in Economic view - haven't yet managed to force an update of the view when switching modes, so this can only be seen after ending turn...

Return to “Supremacy”