Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Axis »

Volcanic01T.png
Volcanic01T.png (373.54 KiB) Viewed 11756 times
Volcanic02T.png
Volcanic02T.png (323.1 KiB) Viewed 11756 times
Volcanic03T.png
Volcanic03T.png (308.15 KiB) Viewed 11756 times
And here's the last of the terraformed volcanic planet images.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Axis wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:11 am Thanks Iceman!
Glad to read there is room for extra ideas.

BTW, while at it ;), black holes could produce quantum filaments or smaller singularities, which could be harvested for further purposes when the necessary
science has been invented.
Thank you for the ideas!

Re BHs, I have something like that in mind for the Demon planets :wink:

Thanks for the images. Have you tried them in game, to see if there's a noticeable difference?

EDIT> split this into a new topic.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Re: Suggestions

Post by Axis »

I've tested some of them, here's some more images with better contrast in order to give them a little more noticeable difference.
Barren00T.png
Barren00T.png (144.6 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
Barren01T.png
Barren01T.png (149.32 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
Barren02T.png
Barren02T.png (172.17 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
3 terraformed barrens.
Last edited by Axis on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Barren03T.png
Barren03T.png (154.54 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
Terraformed barren.
Desert01T2.png
Desert01T2.png (280.76 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
Terraformed desert.
Desert02T2.png
Desert02T2.png (283.87 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
Terraformed desert.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Desert03T2.png
Desert03T2.png (203.31 KiB) Viewed 11674 times
Terraformed desert.
Jungle01U.png
Jungle01U.png (237.32 KiB) Viewed 11674 times
Unterraformed jungle.
Jungle02U.png
Jungle02U.png (297.11 KiB) Viewed 11674 times
Unterraformed jungle.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Jungle03U.png
Jungle03U.png (251.07 KiB) Viewed 11674 times
Unterraformed jungle.

BTW, the first image could be used as a super-earth, a gaia-type earth, a parallel planet somewhere in the galaxy.
I recall the Magna Roma-planet looked like the earth in a book worlds of star trek or worlds of the federation (a star trek book, it had rough maps of planets).
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks Axis!
If I could ask you a favor, could you zip all the files with the updated names (only the ones you posted here - terraformed and unterraformed versions) please, and send them to me?
That would save me some work.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

If there was enough filespace in the attachments section, say 3Mb (not too much these times) I'd be glad to give you the files. I mean this page is a little outdated in it's restrictions considering the file size (filesize is growing everyday, everywhere).
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

One more suggestion comes to my mind, a barracks, or even better, a garrison! A manned ground-combat building, many could be built. Labor pool used to man these buildings for extra ground combat strength. Different names depending on the empire, Cardassians might have a (union) troop garrison, federation a (starfleet) elite force barracks, klingons a warrior training camp, romulans an (imperial or praetorian) guard academy , dominion a soldier unit for example.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Colonies do have garrisons now :wink: They're not yet fully functional, but they will eventually. I really need to go back and finish that code, it's been ages...

There are "barracks" buildings of sorts already too, only the Feds and Cards don't have one IIRC (Blake suggested the Remans for the RSE some time ago). They increase combat strength (can't recall if size too, but I think that size might be affected only by the "soldiering" skill) of Garrisons. They have an energy upkeep, so in a way they are activated by labor.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Another idea just came to me : Why not implement the Ferengi into the game too! as the sixth race, it sounds almost like the idea is from STARGÅTE :wink:
And of course they'll make an episode if not a movie about the sixth race then right? :grin: :grin: :grin:

BOTF 2 should have 10 major races to play, but I do understand if the game has already been set to be played with 5 major races, they are actually a better combination than that of original BOTF, dominion does make more sense than the ferengi, dominion is more like a major, not something in between major and minor like the ferengi sometimes do feel like.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sorry, was away for a few days.
Well, the plan is to have as much stuff for the Ferengi as possible in the game, so that anyone might easily mod them in as a major race. The downside is that with the Ferengi in, there are 3 empires in the alpha quadrant, which unbalances things a bit...
If you play with random homesystem placements though, it's not an issue - if you don't mind playing non-canon.
crazyewok
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crazyewok »

My ideas:

A rank between Major and Minor races.
Some like the Breen or Ferangi should not be recruitable and have limited colonization options through membership and in the case of breen able to rage war, however colonisation should be limited.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

crazyewok wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:11 am My ideas:

A rank between Major and Minor races.
Some like the Breen or Ferangi should not be recruitable and have limited colonization options through membership and in the case of breen able to rage war, however colonisation should be limited.
Yeah!, I like that, there could be some 9-10 star systems these majorminor races could colonize and hold, but they should be recruitable, but only after heavy duty bribery and trade.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Although a nice idea, which was actually part of the original design, it would actually be a pain to implement.
The premise of non-empire civs is that they can only have one system. That has mostly to do with diplomacy, and subjugation.

Notice however that there are three "types" of minor races - MinorRace, DevelopingPower and ExpandingPower. The latter 2 do have some form of "expansion", as their "territory" expands as that of an empire; an empire cannot colonize a system inside their territory without DoW, so the system is actually theirs, they just cannot colonize it.

Also, the higher the TechCurve of the civ, the harder it is to get treaties with them, including membership. The Breen and the Ferengi are TC5, right below the empires' TC6, so they're almost treated like empires (in this aspect, only the Cytherians are TC6).

Minors will be able to wage war against empires, BTW. There are still a couple of issues related to combat callbacks that need to be fixed before the AI can go on a rampage :twisted: (there is code already for the AI to attack systems, but it crashes the game...)

Return to “Supremacy”