Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by the6the »

About soundfx, do we need a Borg/Dominion wav file to substitute each file from alienculturefound.wav to upgradeorder.wav as in the other folders?? The same script to be used as the other races, or make up new scripts for both Borg and Dominion?
I'm glad you like the Borg voice I made, but I'm afraid getting Weyoun's voice right won't be that simple:/
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:29 pm About soundfx, do we need a Borg/Dominion wav file to substitute each file from alienculturefound.wav to upgradeorder.wav as in the other folders??
Yep. Right now the Dominion only has placeholder cnfirmation voices (can´t recall if from the Cardassians or the Federation), so they need every one of them replaced.

BTW, the Cardassians have the most complete set, the other civs are (still) missing the TerraformPlanetOrder.wav file (I couldn´t find them yet).

The same script to be used as the other races, or make up new scripts for both Borg and Dominion?
We need the same voices for each civ, but each phrases them in their particular way. Not sure if that´s what you meant. The file names must be the same.

I'm glad you like the Borg voice I made, but I'm afraid getting Weyoun's voice right won't be that simple:/
Yeah, the Borg are really nice.
Whatever you come up with I´m sure will be good. :up:

Thanks for the Greeting texts, I´ll check them out and add them to the next build. Should be coming soon.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Breen greeting text is corrupted, and the Kerprytt one seems incomplete. Can you post them here please.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Oops, sorry.. I missed the Kesprytt ending..
It's a shame the Breen greeting ended up corrupted: \/\/e |<eeP T|-|I|\|gS <oo|_ (We keep things cool) I was trying to depict the sound of their electronic voices in those helmets that no one can understand (well some can;))
So here are the ones to use:
Breen: <Greeting>We keep things cool</Greeting>
Kesprytt: <Greeting>Who are you? Who sent you? Why are you here? Is this a set-up? Are you mocking us?!</Greeting>

Ok, I'll start on the general voices for the Borg asap. So keep same file names, wording can be slightly altered to reflect the race, got it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Oh, it wasn't corrupted, I didn't get it... duh! Anyway, special characters like < and > cannot be used...
Fixed, thanks!
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

The Borg file has been sent.
Please note: for Outpost I used the term "transwarp conduit", and for Starbase I used the term "transwarp Hub". If you need the Hub as a building, I can re-do the starbase orders when we come up with a better idea for renaming the Starbase for the Borg.
Also, instead of the term "Colonize", I used "Planet assimilated" as it seems more appropriate. Terraforming sounds strange for the Borg, but I didn't change it. there's other changes to the text as well.. File names are unchanged though;)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Those are BRUTAL! Thanks!
I'll most likely release a new build tomorrow or so, these will be in!

Notes:
- the Borg only have one station type, it's neither an outpost nor a starbase, it's a transwarp hub (another type, specific only to the Borg, which allows them to travel instantaneously between 2 of these); I'll use the Hub one, will code it in tomorrow if I have the time
- I already changed the name of the colonization files to assimilation - as a side note, it should be System, not Planet. I'll code the SystemAssimilated one tomorrow
- yeah, no terraforming for the Borg, nor raiding or training crew; no problem
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Implemented the Supremacy victory condition: building a science station in a green star with a demon planet will accumulate supremacy points, according to the size of the planet, and when you get to a certain threashold, you win the game by being able to synthesize Red Matter. Feedback to the player(s) still needs to be implemented, but you already get everyone against you when you start going for this VC.
:twisted:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Glad you like em!
So Borg will be able to "colonize" systems in the same manner as other major races? Interesting! Sure, I'll make another file with the wording altered to "System" instead of planet (dunno where I got planet from, it's always "system" in botf, duh!)..
So the Borg will have like a wormhole type "outpost" connecting them with Unimatrix 01 and other "outposts". That is awesome!!!
However, In canon, there are only 6 Hubs in the Milky way, but there are many "Apertures". Perhaps the Transwarp Hub can be a building in the Unimatrix 01 making travel between any of these Apertures possible, and "Apertures" could be the name of the structures that replace outposts? Just a thought..
Cant wait for new build:)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:43 pm Glad you like em!
So Borg will be able to "colonize" systems in the same manner as other major races? Interesting! Sure, I'll make another file with the wording altered to "System" instead of planet (dunno where I got planet from, it's always "system" in botf, duh!)..
Nope, the Borg cannot colonize. I meant I renamed your colonization sounds to their assimilation counterparts.
If you can make those sounds for tomorrow, I'll include them in the build. Not rushing you though!

So the Borg will have like a wormhole type "outpost" connecting them with Unimatrix 01 and other "outposts". That is awesome!!!
They already do! Since the last release I think. Build a couple TWHs and place a fleet in one of them, then set its destination in the other one - and make sure you have plenty of deuterium, because this costs a lot of it! The fleet should move there in one turn.
However, In canon, there are only 6 Hubs in the Milky way, but there are many "Apertures". Perhaps the Transwarp Hub can be a building in the Unimatrix 01 making travel between any of these Apertures possible, and "Apertures" could be the name of the structures that replace outposts? Just a thought..
Cant wait for new build:)
The original intent was to restrict Hubs to 6, but that's adding one restriction for a single structure in the game. Probably not worth it.
The Apertures idea is not a bad one - using just Hubs was a way to KISS :wink: A single structure, no restrictions, nice and clean. Even if not canon... :shock:
An idea to consider, surely. Thanks!
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

I've just sent you the dominion pack. It's a female voice, and it might be a little controversial, but it could be a good fit. A very subtle voice, even when giving orders. Just like the dominion.. they never raise their voice! (okay, maybe Weyoun freeked out a couple times.. but generally.. not even the founders when Odo killed one of his own did any yelling whatsoever) very smooth players. I was trying to accomplish that with this voice.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

They're really cool!
Added them to the build, which should be uploaded shortly - I just need to make sure that everything is in order, with all the last minute changes and all :wink:

BTW, this morning I managed to get some more work done on the Intel Screen, added a background and worked on the strings, trying to get it to be similar to BotF's. Looks nice. It's not doing anything yet though. Intel will be a nightmare to implement...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A new build is up!
Enjoy. And give feedback!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re-uploading, there were a couple of issues that are now hopefully fixed - didn't test it properly though...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A very big thank you to the6the, for the last minute (or last hours...) work on the Borg and Dominion soundfx, and the themes! That was some fantastic work! Sorry about the "pressure".
I ended up having to re-upload today, there was a bug with targeting stations of neutral civs in combat (they wouln't be targeted, so combat could eventually not end if it was an unarmed station like the TWH), and a potential hang with assimilation if a ship would be built in the colony the turn it was assimilated (thus rendering the ship "orphan")... I hope they're fixed, will test it when I have some free time.

Return to “Supremacy”