What can I do to help

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Val, do you by any chance have the inspiration to make more themes for the game? :mrgreen:
That'd be awesome! We really need different themes for the other empires.
No pressure, just trying to take advantage of seeing you back! :wink:
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

I've been creeping around here for awhile testing the new developments of the game. making some small images changes lol. let me know what you had in mind I can commit some time to design some more images and audio files.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Those image changes, is it something that you want to submit to include in the game? If so, please send them over.

Whatever you find that could be changed in the game, go crazy :wink:

I'd say that the most important stuff is
- the missing Game Context Menus: an updated one for the Federation, and new ones for the Borg, Dominion and Romulans (and Ferengi, just in case?); using the Cardassians and Klingons as reference, with the civ insignia as a central image (acting as a button for the Assets screen), and the buttons/images for the other screens in the same order - ideally these images should have text identifying them (Galaxy, System, Diplomacy, Science, Intelligence, Menu).
- the missing civ themes: 5 themes for the Borg and for the Dominion, 4 themes for the Cardassians, the Klingons and the Romulans, and 2 themes for the Federation (and 6 for the Ferengi, just in case?).
- images for a bunch of buildings for the Borg: their Production Facilities, their Buildings, their Shipyard, their Transwarp Hub, anything you can come up with really.
- improving the images for the Shipyards (especially the Dominion and Romulans), and Stations (some are really low quality), and any other images that really need to be improved

Notice I'm not asking you to do all of this, just pointing out what is needed! Whatever you can make, it's great!
Thanks!
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

I have been experimenting with the terraforming image right now. everything I have created for it has not impressed me in game play.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Oh, that's a placeholder. There's a lot of those, for lack of original ones.
Replacing them is absolutely fine.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Hey Ice I'm working on something not too sure if you would consider pushing the envelope for Star Trek TNG feel, but tell me what you think

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Looks cool! :up:
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Working on the Borg menu interface Sharing for input
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sweet! :up:
Is it possible to have a central image, the Borg insignia, to bring up the Assets screen? Besides, the insignias look really cool in there :wink:
Maybe make it hexagons, like an hex in the middle (with their insignia), and 6 surrounding hexes, each being one of the buttons?
I'm not sure about the Menu and BotF2 parts, the (old) Fed one has them, but the new ones (Card, Kling) don't. We should keep them all consistent? And in terms of size too (can't tell if this one is the same approximate size?).

The colors should also match with the UI, if possible - or the other way around of course.

Also, some people mentioned (requested?) that the buttons be identified (as the images might not be too telling of what they are for) with some text (Galaxy, Science, etc). What do you think?
(Not sure if I can add a tooltip or something)

Great job as usual!!
When it is ready, give me a shout, and I'll include it in the next release!

Attaching a mockup. Sorry for butchering your work, didn't have much time to do something decent, but I think it explains what I mean?
Attachments
borg.PNG
borg.PNG (37.1 KiB) Viewed 6225 times
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Yes, it is possible. I used the colors green and yellow off display panels used in TNG, and VOY. I like the organic feel of the green circles and yellow lines of the borg display, but that may be a little difficult to pull off.

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: What can I do to help

Post by Valcoren »

OK so this is what I came up with let me know what you think

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Looks great!
The image is kind of small, I can't really tell, but I'd say the Galaxy map should be the leftmost hex, and the Main Menu the rightmost one? I think it's what makes more sense?

Can you upload the images to BitBucket please?
Thanks!
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

I've taken a shot at doing my own take on the right click menu popup for the Borg
It's not totally complete, and it a little rough around some edges, but I'm open to suggestions..
Attachments
BORG_context menu2complete.png
BORG_context menu2complete.png (154.46 KiB) Viewed 6149 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It looks much better with the (starmap) background! Not sure if it'll be easy to split it into the individual buttons though - and to align them all correctly afterwards... :shock:

Thanks!
We're going to need a poll to choose which to use... :wink:

We still need GCMs for the Feds, Roms, Dominion (and Ferengi). While you guys are hot, hehe.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Wow I just saw Valcoren's version now, and I like his better than mine! Well done!

as for mine and splitting them: I have all of the individual buttons as their own files, and the base without any of the buttons.. I can send them via mail if you like.

BTW this was litteraly my first ever contact with Photoshop.. i guess you can tell I'm a newb :grin:

Return to “Supremacy”