What can I do to help

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: What can I do to help

Post by Iceman »

Here's an idea for the Romulan GCM. As usual, disregard the poor quality of my work :wink:
The middle buttons could be displaced to the sides, so as to not be partially under the insignia, and to be the leftmost (Galaxy screen) and rightmost (Main Menu) buttons.
The lower buttons should be shorter, but I think you guys get the picture.

Just an idea, it's ok to destroy it. It took me some 10 minutes to make :twisted:
No time for anything better, have to go get dinner ready.
Attachments
FedGCM.PNG
FedGCM.PNG (27.32 KiB) Viewed 8032 times
Romulan GCM.png
Romulan GCM.png (84.58 KiB) Viewed 8059 times
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Iceman wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:15 pm
@Axis, sure, seems like a good idea. We could either use the6the's Borg GCM idea (replacing the buttons of course), or have the buttons in an ellipse around the insignia (not sure if that was your suggestion?), horizontally, in the usual order.
This is what I had in mind :
Fed.gif
Fed.gif (6.45 KiB) Viewed 8045 times
The order of the circles can be changed though, if one wants to have single circles above and under the emblem for example.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, ok, I was thinking you meant something like this.

Hmm, the forums won't let me attach pics in this post, for whatever reason. Attached in my post above, with the Rom one.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

LOL well, there are a lot of ideas floating. I'll keep the LCARS theme going with the FEDS. However, I want to try to keep everything universal regarding to sizing of the menu icons for all the playable races. The current menus that we are using I have seen that "others" who are working on a splinter project are using them as well. I'd rather we stand out from them.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I agree on sizing.
Hmm, they are using our menus? Are you sure?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

There looks to be one or two that look like ours. the rest brought me to tears looking what they have done.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That good, huh? :wink:
They're probably still using the old/current Fed one?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Romulan menu feedback review.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hmm, I'll make the same comment about colors and brightness as before :twisted:
The Rom UI doesn't have much in the way of circles, or any rounded shapes for that matter, so this might look a bit "off"?
It looks cool, mind you. Just wondering i it actually fits their style and color scheme.

Also, the images in the buttons are not particularly clear as to what they represent?

BTW, did you manage to get that white ring of sorts back in the Borg's GCM insignia? I thought it looked cool.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

the color scheme is based off the movie Nemesis
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

The Borg and Dominion soundFX have been re-done completely, and now they are much louder and clearer, with the Borg sounding much better (IMO anyway). Also, Borg wav file confirmation3 now says "We are one" instead of "Complying".
As for the Dominion.. I actually preferred the old Dominion voice, but I was unable to recreate it exactly. It's a shame the old one isn't loud enough (my tries to amplify the old Dominion speech ended up distorting the files too badly)

Hopefully the new ones won't have any issues and they sound as good in game as they do on my laptop.. and we get to scratch this off the to-do list
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks B.! Will add them to the next release. The Borg ones do sound really cool. I agree about the Dominion ones, but these are also nice.

Should we redo the civ selection voices for the Borg and the Dominion, BTW? They do have some background noise.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded all the soundfx to BB, including the new ones.
If you guys could test them and check if there are any issues - volume levels, wrong filenames \ sounds not playing, whatever - and report back, I would appreciate it!
Thanks!
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Yep, sure. I can do the civ selection voices soon..
I think the new voices should say "The Dominion" and "The Borg" instead of "Dominion" and "Borg". I just think it would sound better, coz right now, the voices shoot so fast you have to press the button again just to understand what it said.. I'd actually love to put "We are the Borg" as their selection voice :mrgreen:
Or should it be "The Borg Collective"? hmm..
What do you think?

Edit: I just realized that it does in fact say "The Dominion" and "The Borg" right now.. but they're both really quick..
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, they are. I simply edited voice clips I got off the net and clipped the relevant parts. Not a very professional job... hehe.

I think the others say the LongName of the civ (The United Federation of Planets, etc), so the Borg should match that, yes. "The Borg Collective" would be best IMO, for the reason I mentioned. They already say "We are the Borg..." in the 1st contact VO.

Thanks!

Return to “Supremacy”