Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

The retreat issue is killing me... the helper functions are not actually helping, they're hanging the game in a particular situation...

Made having the Command ability (Command ships or stations) in combat allow concentrating firepower on targets; not having it produces random targeting, which is (much) less efficient.

Added Valcoren's Borg GCM to the game. Fixed positioning of Klingons and Cardassians while at it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

When you sign a NAP with another civ, your ships will now set a course to your nearest colony, instead of being magically insta-teleported there.
(trying to fix the helper functions to change this to the nearest colony or station owned by you or an affiliated civ)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed the bug with fleets en route when a NAP is signed.
Made minor races' fleets not retreat if their homesystem is attacked.

Lowered the levels of the system assault soundfx, and some UI soundfx. Some feedback on these would be much appreciated.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Finally replaced population with Garrisons during invasions. Still need to improve the way combat is handled.
The number of TTs you select for landing troops is now important in that the amount of surviving invading troops will be the new Garrison in the colony if the invasion is successful.
The UI might need to be more clear about troops vs combat strength.

Tweaked bombardment a bit.

@Axis: adding the terraformed images will not be as easy as I thought it might be... will have to take another look when I have more time.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Iceman wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:04 pm @Axis: adding the terraformed images will not be as easy as I thought it might be... will have to take another look when I have more time.
Thanks anyway.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Added a tooltip to the station icon in the Task Forces list, with the station's stats.

With the help of Danijel, finalized the code for an old standing feature - adding a Delete button to the Load Game and Save Game menus.
BTW, Danijel, I managed to make it delete individual files, as opposed to all of them :up:
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Iceman wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:22 pm I managed to make it delete individual files, as opposed to all of them :up:
Haha, when you say "all of them", is that "everything on the C: drive" ?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Heh, nope, all savegames ;)
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:45 am
Iceman wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:22 pm I managed to make it delete individual files, as opposed to all of them :up:
Haha, when you say "all of them", is that "everything on the C: drive" ?
thats easier actually :twisted:
diskpart
select volume x
clean
i am not responsible for any damage you do while executing this command :roll:

@Domes part idea
im not sure how much this "steps out" from original botf, aside that whole new building should be coded that would override planet population,...i see weird things happen there ^^
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

BTW, fixed an issue with the retreat path of fleets in that it might go through systems of civs the fleet owner is at war with. Thanks Vladimir!

Been working on invasions, it's mostly working, but I want to give the defender 1st strike ability - to make it tougher to conquer systems.

The Keybindings list (F9) has been expanded a bit, too.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Garrisons should be fully implemented now, including their role in invasions. The system assault screen now correctly shows the number of troops in the meters on the upper right, and the defender fires first - so now you need a lot more firepower to take a system than its defensive combat strength.
Now, I just need to make Troop Transports cost Garrison to build to close this chapter.

Cleaned up and reformulated some of the Resources.
Found some more BotF soundfx to include in the game, namely the treaties ones. Still need to find a couple more. 1300+ soundfx... :shock:

Danijel is working on some cool stuff. :up: Not sure if he wants to share, or wait until it's perfect, or if he wants it to be a surprise.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

peek a sneak :lol:

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Looking good. I think it needs to pulse a bit slower though, but I'm sure you have that covered.

Uploaded an update on the soundfx to BB. As usual, feedback is welcome. This will probably be what'll be in the next release.

Since a couple of people didn't seem to like the fact that retreating fleets couldn't change their path, I removed that. I kept it for the fleets being moved from the signing of a NAP though - should I remove that also?
thatguy11200
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by thatguy11200 »

Recently I've been playing BotF. The Cardassians were defeated but many of the Cardassian systems that had been conquered by the Romulans started to revolt and became independent. In BotF, that means they simply exist and don't do anything, just waiting to be conquered again. I'm curious how this scenario would play out in Supremacy. So would the Cardassian Union reappear if one of their colonies freed itself, for example?

Another thing I'm curious about is building colony ships in the systems of minor species. I assume it's like BotF, where, for example, all colony ships built by the Federation produce human colonists. My ideal would be that each race has inherent traits, for example, the Vulcans impart a higher research output than the Klingons, just by value of being Vulcan. This would allow colony ships of Vulcans to colonise systems and provide that species bonus in that system. Would that even be possible?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

When revolts are implemented (and now might be a good time for it ;) ) yes, those colonies will revert back to the native civ (even if it is already eliminated). Well, at least in theory. :D
The harder part to implementing this is giving feedback to the player, with SitReps and whatnot. I'll look into it. What was the morale threshold for revolts in BotF? 20 or so? I think it had also to do with the civ, each having its own modifier to that threshold?

IIRC I disabled building colony ships in minor species systems. The problem I see with this is that you might end up only building colony ships in Vulcan - or any other system that you colonized with Vulcan pop. This is a very real possibility because colony ships don't "cost" population (which I might change at some point), and shipyards in Supremacy have multiple docks.
Also notice that races don't have inherent research bonuses, they simply gain them by building structures. The Vulcans already provide an empire wide research bonus.

Return to “Supremacy”