Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Hi mastericeman, welcome to the forums
Thanks for your input. If you could send me a savegame where I can reproduce the issue, that could help a lot!
It could be the orbital batteries upgrade issue again, now that I think about it. It was working fine when I tested it...

Thanks for the kind words!

(Sent you a PM)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

mastericeman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:36 pm The error presents around turn 50 in new games, but there's an unusual workaround. If I retire and reload the autosave I can play one more turn before it shows up again. In this tedious manner it is possible to play for quite a long time, until a win condition is met or another error crops up.
Turn 50 when you start from which civ level? Early, Developed, ...?
Playing like that is unacceptable, I need to fix that asap.
Which other errors do you usually get, BTW?

You guys can report the issues you get in these forums, or in the BitBucket issue tracker - and add savegames so that squashing those bugs is easier and faster. In here you might need to change the extension of the file.

Again, thanks!
mastericeman
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by mastericeman »

I usually play as Federation and tech level early. I tried playing as Dominion and got the same error, but I haven't tested with the other civs yet.

I do frequently run into errors during longer games that all seem to be caused by array index exceptions. Sometimes the game will randomly hang on a turn but it's hard to reproduce. If I find another error I can consistently reproduce I will let you know.

BTW I sent the last autosave, as requested. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I started a game to try to reproduce this, but work is getting in the way, and haven't managed to get to the point where it hangs yet...
Your savegame will help a lot. Thanks!

I suspect it being something related to OBs because 50 turns from Early should be around TL3 where OBs are unlocked. But I had no issues when I tested it. I'm curious as to the origin of the issue.

I do frequently run into errors during longer games that all seem to be caused by array index exceptions. Sometimes the game will randomly hang on a turn but it's hard to reproduce. If I find another error I can consistently reproduce I will let you know.
If the game produces an error log when it happens (in the \Logs folder), if you can attach it here, it'd be great.

BTW I sent the last autosave, as requested. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.
You should have the correct email address now, in your PM inbox... sorry, my bad. :oops:

We still need help with, among other things, what's in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3302

If there's anything there you want/can help with, that would be great.
Or anything else you find that could improve the game, ofc. There are still many things that can be improved that are not in that list in particular, like texts, images, sounds, etc.

Again, thanks for your help! :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the autosave mastericeman!
As I suspected, it's the OB upgrades that I thought I had fixed - apparently not. :mad:
I'll disable the upgrades and upload a new exe tomorrow.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Found the issue. Good news is that it wasn't the upgrades proper, so the AI will upgrade its OBs. The problem was in some extra code in that function that was creating an infinite loop.
Also fixed a couple loose ends in terraforming. You should now only be able to build Moon Habitation if there are any terraformed planets with moons in the system, and only the moons of those terraformed planets will actually count towards Moon Habitation (and those of GGs). You should also only be able to build those Buildings that require a certain planet type in the system (Wind Turbines, etc) if at least one planet of that type is terraformed. And initial population of a colony will be limited by the maximum population that is supported by terraforming in the system.

Uploaded to BB.
mastericeman
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by mastericeman »

Sounds cool.
I downloaded the new patch. I'll try it out this evening.
mastericeman
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by mastericeman »

Nice work!
I played for a while and hit another error. I emailed you the details.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks!
Found and fixed the issue, I think. It was actually a "fix" to another issue (scrapping stations) that didn't solve the problem.
Uploading to BB.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New release available.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Prevented a crash (which still needs to be fixed properly, there's still a display issue) when 2+ fleets are terraforming the same system, and the first of them finishes terraforming the system. Thanks for the report geordie!
This was a side effect of allowing more than one fleet to terraform a system, in order to make it more efficient...

Also addressed an ownership (potential) issue, related to terraforming.

While at it, made a few changes to the way Ion Storms are handled regarding surveying. You can now only have one fleet surveying an entire Ion Storm (as opposed to having one per sector of the storm), or one science station in the entire storm (again, as opposed to one per sector).
The AI will also handle Ion Storms better, it won't explore all sectors of a single Ion Storm.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi everybody,
I was a member of the forum some years ago, in tomes of ST Armada 1 & 2. After that I change my email account, forgot the password, so I was not able to refer to the old one.
My first post yesterday wa somehow lost, I think due to my clumsiness mainly.

I have a question about some game parameters:
If I decrease the research speed, it inflicts all AI players or only me?

I am playing Supremacy from time to time and exlusively huge galaxies. As such game lasts quite long I would like not to reach the end of science development too early.

Great and rosy game, each update is adding some to its value.

Greeting to everybody
geordie
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

Hello Supremacy Team! I am liking this game very much except for the crashing. It seems to be random with different races. I have version 20190726. I have the error log also. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!
Attachments
Error.txt
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
I am still playing the same game as Dominion.
Somehow I last all moon population, just to the planet level and it's not increasing anymore.
Do you need a save with that?
geordie
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Sorry for a mistake - I lost the population on all moons.
I ahve also a suggestion - could you improve the autosave parameters to remember the diplomatic decision from last turn, please.
It is lost after a reload of the game.
Thanks and regards
geordie

Return to “Supremacy”