Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:47 pm I have a question about some game parameters:
If I decrease the research speed, it inflicts all AI players or only me?

I am playing Supremacy from time to time and exlusively huge galaxies. As such game lasts quite long I would like not to reach the end of science development too early.
Sorry guys, I was away for a day, went "home" to see the family. Lots of traffic when I was away :lol: Lots compared to usual ofc, heh.

Yep, everyone in the game is affected by the same options settings, including research speed.
If you want to make research even slower, you can do one of 3 things:

Edit
\SupremacyTest_20190517\Resources\Tables\GameOptionTables.txt
and in the ResearchRate table set Slow to a value to your liking, below the current 0.5.

or edit
\SupremacyTest_20190517\Resources\Data\ResearchMatrix.xml (suggest using Notepad++)
and change the research costs for each application in each tech field. It's more work, but also gives you more granularity in the changes.

or edit
\SupremacyTest_20190517\Resources\Data\TechObjectDatabase.xml (again suggest using Notepad++)
and change the output of the Research Production Facilities for each civ (and Buildings that provide Research). It's more work too.

I am still playing the same game as Dominion.
I'm glad you could continue with that game! The issue, after all, happens with any fleet finishing terraforming a system. I'll need to address that. I have a hotfix, but I want it fixed properly.

Somehow I last all moon population, just to the planet level and it's not increasing anymore.
Do you need a save with that?

Sorry for a mistake - I lost the population on all moons.
You mean you had population in moons and somehow you lost them, or you never had population in moons?

IIRC I tested population in moons, so I'm guessing it's not the latter. If the former, maybe you deactivated (by accident or not) the Moon Habitation building? If so, the population will die.

I ahve also a suggestion - could you improve the autosave parameters to remember the diplomatic decision from last turn, please.
It is lost after a reload of the game.
I think I know what you're saying. I've had that happen once too.
Can you provide exact steps to reproduce, so I can check if it's the same issue please?

Again, thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Centurion wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:36 pm Hello Supremacy Team! I am liking this game very much except for the crashing. It seems to be random with different races. I have version 20190726. I have the error log also. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!
Hi Centurion, welcome to the forums!
That's a crash that is still plaguing the game...
Do you happen to still have an autosave or a savegame where this happens? If you do have one, could you attach it here please?

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the game!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed the moons issue. I did test it, but then I made another change to fix another issue...
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

I had another crash with similar errors today playing as Dominion. Tried attaching the autosave, but it wouldn't let me.(said it was an invalid extension) Have attached error log again.
Attachments
Error.txt
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Centurion wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 pm Tried attaching the autosave, but it wouldn't let me.(said it was an invalid extension)
zip saved game before uploading and it should be fine.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Just to be precise:
I had some moon habitats and moon populated. I cannot find a precise moment in the game, but I noticed the population in ALL systems decrease to the planet level and I see no changes after building the facility in new system.
BR
geordie
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Centurion wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 pm I had another crash with similar errors today playing as Dominion. Tried attaching the autosave, but it wouldn't let me.(said it was an invalid extension) Have attached error log again.
Yep, same issue. Josh is looking into it, hopefully he'll get it fixed. Thanks.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded new patch that should fix the terraforming issue and the Moon Habitation issue.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi,
I tried to create the lost diplomatic sdecision, but I hit the attached error. The same error was before and after the today patch.
I cannot complete any turn now.
geordie
Error 20190729.txt
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

Crashed last night playing as Klingons. I have both the error and a hard save file this time! It wouldn't let me attach the save file. Said it was too big. Any ideas how to send you that? Tried putting both files into a zip file, but still said it was too big. Sheesh.
Attachments
Error.txt
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sent you a PM with my email address.
Thanks!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK. I was able to repeat that lack of diplomatic data transfer:
- I offered two gifts to two minor races
- in next turn I saw proper communicates about my action
- I left the game without savings and started it from the autosave
- in next turn there was nothing about the gifts acceptance
geordie
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Confirmed, thanks!
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

Email sent Iceman with save and error files.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Improved the code for determining who gets to terraform a system when several civs give the order in the same turn.

Allowed hailing ships to fire back in the 1st round of combat if they are engaged and are not destroyed.

Fixed an issue where civs would DoW on you way too fast for synthesizing Red Matter.

Added a SitRep when a civ starts synthesizing Red Matter (for the Supremacy victory condition).

Return to “Supremacy”