BotF All in One Question?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

BotF All in One Question?

Post by Borealis999 »

Hi there,

I apologise if this has been discussed elsewhere. If it has, I can't find it. I have been playing the "All The Ages" mod and have been thoroughly enjoying it. However, I can't seem to get much past turn 200 before it crashes and kicks me out of the game. If I restart the game and try to continue, I get to the point in the turn just after the last battle sequence, and it kicks me out again. if I reboot my laptop and try again, it kicks me out at the same point. Even if I try to skip the battle sequence by either clicking "Hail" or "Auto" buttons I still get kicked out at the same point. In the end, I have to start a new game and call it quits on the old one. It has happened a number of times now and it's getting extremely frustrating as I would really like to finish the game at least once. Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to fix it, if possible?

Many Thanks
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: BotF All in One Question?

Post by thunderchero »

There has been some know issues with All the Ages mod, all known ship issues were corrected so I doubt if it is combat related.

This sounds like saved game possible getting corrupt? but without crash log or saved game to duplicate issue it is impossible to say what is problem

you can attach your saved game to your reply (zip before attaching)

note; All the Ages mod is no longer being updated by creator.
Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borealis999 »

Thanks for getting back to me. I have attached the Crash Data.zip file. It has the auto.sav file, as that is closest to the crash turn, and the crash.txt file. I hope it helps to find the problem.
Attachments
Crash Data.zip
(202.23 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Borealis999,

I took a look at the saved game and crash log you sent, I am guessing from crash log you tested saved game crash 3 time yesterday?

1. have you made any code changes? I had no crash using auto combat. :shock:

2. I don't remember ever seeing that crash log before

"File: ..\..\source\game\economy\morale.c, Line: 102, Illegal Morale value"

looking at the code in that section (sub_465B60) the morale thresholds has been changed. not sure why this was done, but may be conflicting with other subsections?

If you made no changes you might try to re-install.

If issue continues you might try resetting that sub-section to original code.

good luck
thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Hi guys,

its the same crash log as mentioned in Morale overflow over 32767 bug (fix):

viewtopic.php?f=247&t=1287

twice issued:
viewtopic.php?f=172&t=3131

But I'm too long out of business to assist any further on that one.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

the patch Spocks-cuddly-tribble referred to can be applied easy with bof-patcher
patch.jpg
patch.jpg (179.98 KiB) Viewed 4513 times
bof-patcher can be found in tool folder open as shown above select patch then just select install then select apply.
Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borealis999 »

Hi guys,

I have only made changes using the UE and all I changed were ship names and a few ship stats. I haven't done anything to the morale thresholds as far as I'm aware..... I wouldn't even know how.... Unless the changes to the ship stats has done that. But that raises an obvious question for me. If the changes I made altered the morale values, why did it wait 220 turns to tell me?

I looked at the patcher program and I have applied the patches.... at least, I think I have applied them. I hope they work.

If it does work, will I be able to continue the game that crashed or will I have to just give that one up?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Borealis999 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 pm Hi guys,

I have only made changes using the UE and all I changed were ship names and a few ship stats. I haven't done anything to the morale thresholds as far as I'm aware..... I wouldn't even know how.... Unless the changes to the ship stats has done that. But that raises an obvious question for me. If the changes I made altered the morale values, why did it wait 220 turns to tell me?

I looked at the patcher program and I have applied the patches.... at least, I think I have applied them. I hope they work.

If it does work, will I be able to continue the game that crashed or will I have to just give that one up?
Hi Borealis999,

more than likely you did nothing to effect morale, this is an original limit/bug of botf, but only started appearing late in games or on larger maps.

the patcher program is easy, but to check just reopen trek.exe and it should display green if you installed patch properly.

It is worth a tryto continue your saved game, worst that could happen is it continues to crash.

thunderchero
Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borealis999 »

Thank you for all the help guys. I looked at the updater and mad sure the relevant updates were installed. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet but I'll let you know if it works when I do.

Borealis999

Return to “General Chat”