Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

I agree with Iscaran in case of research speed, but x10 could be too much. As I test the game from time to time, I reach the end of the research tree before turn 200 having about 1/2 huge galaxy inspected. Of course it could be done significantly quicker, but my testing is not a race. So I suppose the tree could be researched completely about turn 400-500.The game would not last much longer. I would propose to decrease an influence of science ships to force building research units on planets and make the research slightly more difficult.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

BTW - As I see the old saves are not compatibile
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks!
I'll start a new thread so that we can post detailed information and ideas about all this.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:43 pm BTW - As I see the old saves are not compatibile
Yep, I made some prep work on intelligence, and the intel screen will crash.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

Ah - that explains why me savegame doesnt work :-).

So restart - no problem.

I agree that science ships at the moment are also way too overpowered (especially if you start with low tech).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I haven't checked it lately, but I think there is a bug with surveying where you get (a lot) more research points than you should. Vladimir reported that some time ago. I lowered survey values at some point, but I still need to address this.

Edit: it's only a display issue after all.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

There seems to be an issue with the "save" button of the main game menu and also the "Send" button in diplomacy screen to be sometimes greyed out.
And one cannot click it.
This was not observed previuosly when I was playing still on Win7 - but now I have switched to Win10 since a few days.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Those are Win10 related issues, see here:
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3613

Fortunately, there are workarounds, mentioned in that thread.

Bad move, switching to Win10 :twisted:

I was just forced to upgrade to 1903 (because of a misclick) a few days ago, and I'm having all kinds of problems, with my mouse mainly... it's always double-clicking :roll:
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

Installed that patch and still got exception error playing as Feds. Got no error as Borg though so far.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, thx. I'll try disabling the entire OB construction code and we'll see what happens. Will upload a new patch to test this later.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I tried slow research option, Cards and huge galaxy. It looks quite good so far. I suppose the research tree could be sufficient for about 400 turns. A risk is that too slow development would cause the game boring, because of nothing to build and waiting for new discoveries. So far I did not meet such situation. An option for second (higher) half of the research tree could be to raise the bar and require more points to reach advanced levels - to avoid too fast research in case of possessing many planets and many science ships engaged.
I would propose one new research level, at least for Biotech and Energy - an achievement to change a surplus of food or energy into money (something similar to Trade Goods). Of course, in an advanced game we usually have too much money, but somehow I dislike wasting food and energy.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

BTW - my Supremacy installation under Win 10 really looks stable now. I met 2-3 accidental crashes of the last build, but really rearly.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:30 am I tried slow research option, Cards and huge galaxy. It looks quite good so far.
Can you specify which "version" of the research matrix you are using please?
The one from the latest release [250/500/1000 RPs @Normal, dated 0909], or the test one I posted in the other thread [500/1000/2000 RPs, dated 1409]?
It's really important to know that.
I suppose the research tree could be sufficient for about 400 turns. A risk is that too slow development would cause the game boring, because of nothing to build and waiting for new discoveries. So far I did not meet such situation.
Yep, that's what I want to avoid, glad it is looking good.
400 turns on Slow is a bit low, we need to increase that.
An option for second (higher) half of the research tree could be to raise the bar and require more points to reach advanced levels - to avoid too fast research in case of possessing many planets and many science ships engaged.
Yes, that's feedback that I need in order to address it. If you guys want to experiment with the values and propose solutions, please do! Frees me up for coding :wink:
I would propose one new research level, at least for Biotech and Energy - an achievement to change a surplus of food or energy into money (something similar to Trade Goods). Of course, in an advanced game we usually have too much money, but somehow I dislike wasting food and energy.
Instead of a research level, a build project can be implemented. Create new buildings with a food and/or energy upkeep, with the +Credits bonus.
BTW, excess energy is used to keep your planetary shield charged, if you have such a structure built. Excess food accumulates in the system's food surplus storage, for the eventual situation where you might need it (bombardment, sabotage, w/e) - you can also micromanage it to gain an additional advantage (in MP?).
BTW - my Supremacy installation under Win 10 really looks stable now. I met 2-3 accidental crashes of the last build, but really rearly.
Cool!
Those crashes, what were they?
I'm trying to determine if the 15sep patch addresses the index related crash.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I was using still 0909 build. I thought that last changes (1409) were for Borg only.
Last edited by geordie on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

If next crash happens I will send the error log with the autosave. I have no related autosave now.

Return to “Supremacy”