Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Ok, cool.
So you'd say that the current pace (0909) @Slow is ok for Slow, OR it should be made into the default Normal? (And thus Slow would be slower than what you're playing right now)

The 1409 *code* patch (@BB) disabled the AI upgrading their OBs to check if that was the source of the crash. It wasn't. The only relation to the Borg was that while playing as the Borg you are not affected by this crash, as noticed by Centurion, which leads me to suspect that it's related to OBs.
The 1509 code patch completely disabled the AI building any OBs, for the same check. If the game doesn't crash with the 1509 patch, the source of the crash is located. If it does, the problem is elsewhere. That's why I'd like feedback on that patch (from BB), if it is still crashing or not.

The 1409 *data* patch I posted in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3835&start=15
Resources.zip
page 2, towards the end of the page
changed the research thresholds for the first few tech levels, to see if we could improve the pace of research in the game.
Basically, your Slow (current release) is now the Normal pace in that test (unreleased) version. If those values are good for Normal, we'll adopt them - Slow will be half as slow as Normal, or in other words, the thresholds are doubled.

(TLs 5+ still need to be increased!!! I only changed 2~4)

The threshold values for each TechLevel are set here:
\Resources\Data\ResearchMatrix.xml
And that's what we're trying to tweak.
Current release: 0/100/250/500/1000/2500/...
Test version: 0/100/500/1000/2000/2500/...
(The first 2 have no effect)
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I would say that in huge galaxy I will play with slow research

I perfectly knew that to mention smoth playing under Win 10 would provoke a bad luck.....
So I attached an effect of my first turn today.
Attachments
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 167.zip
(643.52 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Heheh.
That's the CivManager crash, not the Index one. Those 2 crashes are annoying as hell...

I edited the post above BTW, to try to make things clearer.

And in Large or smaller galaxies, will you play Slow too, or Normal?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

For now I am going to play only huge galaxies.
It's a sort of a problem, because of my time limit. Before I finish or advance a game I post a newer version. :grin:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

If you try to play a smaller galaxy, and Normal research rate, you might actually "finish" a game :wink:
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

Played with the 15 Sept patch as Klingons with fresh start. Not having usual exception errors, but new ones. Happened when the Borg found me and engaged an outpost being upgraded first time.(all my ships destroyed as well as outpost but Borg probe survived) Second was when I was attacking Unimatrix 01. Unfortunately the error log has disappeared apparently. Will keep you updated and try to grab an error log if it happens again. Also the image for the Klingon construction ship is missing when on shipyard build screen.(as well as once built)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, thanks!
Can you give me some more details about the crashes please?
Re the first one, was it when the battle was over, and the combat window was showing the results?
Re the second one, was it in the system assault screen, or before, or after? When you clicked something?

Re images, I added a 2nd construction ship to the Klingons, Cardassians and Romulans in this build, but we don't have 3D models for them...
I could have used the tier 1 models and images, but I was hoping that someone would be bothered enough with the missing images that would decide to create new models for them :wink:
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

The first one was when the battle(slaughter more like) was over. I clicked the close button in post battle and crash.
The second was in the actual battle or rather post battle again. I had attacked once with fleet of 40 Vor"cha against Cubes, Spheres, and a Diamond.(yea yea I know maybe overkill but those Cubes are tough) Took several rounds in space battle mode to defeat them. The Borg then retreated and I attacked the system. Next turn their remaining fleet returned and my fleet had been joined by 6 K'Vort and 4 troop transport. That post battle crashed the game, but not sure why.(presence of troop transports?) Also not sure why error log disappeared as it was there yesterday.
I would be fine with the tier 1 image until new 3D model could be made.(no knowledge nor experience for making such) I am a tester not a 3D modeler sorry. Can you tell me how to put the tier 1 image back into game until a new model is made?(I have the other builds or several and could look in files to find whatever I would need to do this, just need to know what/where to look)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Next turn their remaining fleet returned
That's one issue that still needs to be fixed.
Well, not in this particular instance most likely, as they probably didn't have any other systems (to retreat to)? In that case they shouldn't have retreated at all.
and my fleet had been joined by 6 K'Vort and 4 troop transport. That post battle crashed the game, but not sure why.(presence of troop transports?)
So this crash was also in the combat screen, same as the other? Not in the system assault screen?

You wouldn't happen to have a previous save that can lead to the crash? To try to reproduce it.
Also not sure why error log disappeared as it was there yesterday.
Did you load/start any other game since the crashes?

I would be fine with the tier 1 image until new 3D model could be made.(no knowledge nor experience for making such) I am a tester not a 3D modeler sorry. Can you tell me how to put the tier 1 image back into game until a new model is made?(I have the other builds or several and could look in files to find whatever I would need to do this, just need to know what/where to look)
The image and model for the tier 1 ship are still in the game, they never left. :wink:
The new ships, the tier 2 ones, are the ones that don't have a model an an image. You just have to copy the tier 1 model and image and rename them to the tier 2 names. The data files already point to the correct model and image names, they just are missing.

Do the following for the Klingons for example.

For the 3D model go to
\Resources\Models
and create a copy of the
kling_construction_ship_i
folder and rename it to
kling_construction_ship_ii
Inside the folder, rename the file
kling_construction_ship_i.xnb
to
kling_construction_ship_ii.xnb

For the 2D image go to
\Resources\Images\TechObjects\Ships
and create a copy of the
kling_construction_ship_i.png
file and rename it to
kling_construction_ship_ii.png

Repeat the process for the Cardassians and the Romulans, and you're good to go!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed an issue with rejecting proposals, where the wrong side was being penalized (this was in the 15sep patch).
Disabled AI OB construction to prevent crashes (this was in the 15sep patch).

Disabled the ability to build Troop Transports in non-native colonies (was only disabled if the original owner was an empire).
Randomized research points gained from surveying anomalies (instead of making it a success/failure roll like discussed in another thread).
Any AI civ fighting over their only/last colony will not retreat from battle (previously limited to minor races).
Centurion
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Centurion »

I loaded the autosave after the crash to continue game.(guess that is what cleared the error log?) That time the additional ships(troop and K'Vort) were not involved in combat and didn't crash game. Unimatrix 01 was the only system the Borg controlled. They lost most of their ships in that first engagement, that is when they retreated.(then returned next turn to be wiped out that battle with no crash) Both the crashes mentioned happened battle/post battle screens and not the system assault. Sorry but the saves/autosaves were from after I wiped out the Borg. Have had several encounters with other races since and no crashes post battle.(I hail unknown ships..yea yea not very Klingon)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Heheh.
Was there a Transwarp Hub in the system? Or Borg construction ships?
Yeah, loading the autosave will clear the logs. If you get it to crash again, backup the logs please. I'd like to know what the issue is.

The Borg take a lot more punishment to retreat than the rest of the civs, more than the Klingons. In the next patch/release they wouldn't retreat from that battle, since they had only that system.
Anything you find that you think could be tweaked, please LMK!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi,
An error log just after clicking a shipyard slot. :sad:
Attachments
Error.zip
(979 Bytes) Downloaded 92 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

An XNA issue.
Does it happen consistently for you (I'm guessing not), or was it just a fluke?
Or is there a specific model that causes the crash?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It was first time, at least in longer time.
I have just clicked empty slot to chose a ship to build.

Return to “Supremacy”