Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
My last version is 20190914. Should I copy the 0915 files before 0927?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey geordie
No need, both 0914 and 0915 are just code patches, they have the exact same files. This time I uploaded both the code and the data files.

In 0915 I disabled the AI building and upgrading OBs, to check if that was what was causing one of the crashes. It was.
In 0927 I re-enabled it, with an attempt at fixing it - not sure if it'll work, so feedback on that is most welcome.

I also have another attempt at fixing the other crash, but haven't released that one yet. I'm waiting to see if the fix mentioned above works.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Thanks.
I try to find some time next week for Supremacy :smile:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Empire Intel Info expander (on the left) is mostly working now.
Not the rest though. Yet.
Attachments
intel.png
intel.png (946.05 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi,
An error log just after a planet assault by troops. No autosave available.
BR geordie
Attachments
Error 20191002.txt
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hmmm, that's an OoM exception... we haven't had one of those in a long time.
Doesn't seem to be related to assaults, crashed when ending turn, when serializing game data.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Is there a war penalization now?
Romulans declared war on my Cards and after taking a planet from them (even without any bombardment) my relations with all races dropped significantly....
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There is a penalty for being at war, yes, which affects your own morale, but what you're experiencing is a relations penalty from - most likely - killing civilians. Even without bombardment, your troops will cause some measure of collateral damage, which is higher the more troops you land.
It might need to be toned down? Or even removed?

Did you manage to continue with the game that crashed?
What turn are you in? Have you had any other crashes in that game?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I played about 240 turns and only with two crashes I had reported. No problems to continue after the second one.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

So the first one was this
I have just clicked empty slot to chose a ship to build.
And the second one was this
An error log just after a planet assault by troops. No autosave available.
Correct?

Are you playing the release version, or any of the patches?
What I really need to know is if the last patch has fixed one of the crashes.

---

BTW,
Is there a war penalization now?
Romulans declared war on my Cards and after taking a planet from them (even without any bombardment) my relations with all races dropped significantly....
IIRC the relations penalty for invasions is temporary - that is, it will only last for a few turns, and then relations get back to what they were. The more civilians that get killed, the longer it will last. I will check the code.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I was playing Sep09 + Sep27
After an arrogant declaration about only two crashes I was punished and got immediately the third one....
Error.zip
(725 Bytes) Downloaded 103 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

BTW - I am about investigating Research Level 9, but I was not forcing research speed.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

IIRC the relations penalty for invasions is temporary - that is, it will only last for a few turns, and then relations get back to what they were. The more civilians that get killed, the longer it will last. I will check the code.
Well, checked the code, and it is not temporary. I think it used to be, but when I overhauled the invasions code I lumped pop casualties from bombardment and ground combat together. Changed it so that the latter will not count towards Regard penalties.
Improved something in war weariness too, and made transports that participate in a successful invasion but would create more garrison than the system would hold not be scrapped. I also noticed an issue with max garrison in conquered systems, which I'll fix promptly.
See, feedback is extremely important. :up: Thanks!

I was playing Sep09 + Sep27
After an arrogant declaration about only two crashes I was punished and got immediately the third one....
That's a new one... never seen that one. Seems to be related to saving the game too...
Can you tell me what this means please?

Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu.

I'm guessing it's "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" or something like that?

BTW - I am about investigating Research Level 9, but I was not forcing research speed.
Remind me again please what's your research speed setting? Normal or Slow?

While I'm working on the Intel screen, I'm tempted to make it so that bad things happen to colonies that don't have any intel production :twisted:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It's still the same first sentence in (almost) all my error logs. I even cannot describe the situation it happened, it was just in a middle of a turn.

I have just notoced that the relation penalty didn't pass and wopuld want to inform you just after some more turns. So it would be especially hard game for Klings :)

The research speed is slow and the galaxy (as always) is huge.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I would propose more complicated relation penalties for invasion, depending on race attitude, for example: Warlike - no penalty, Peaceful higher penalty, others - in between, but after bombardment (which is sometimes inevitable), up to you to decide. It still could be differenciated for example: merkantile - "war is good for business", isolacionists - "who cares?...", etc)
;)

Return to “Supremacy”