Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

It's still the same first sentence in (almost) all my error logs. I even cannot describe the situation it happened, it was just in a middle of a turn.
Since no one else seems to have those issues you reported (they'd have reported them otherwise I guess), it might be related to your PC?
I have just notoced that the relation penalty didn't pass and wopuld want to inform you just after some more turns. So it would be especially hard game for Klings
Like I said above, I already removed that penalty for pop killed by invading troops. Should be in the next release.
The research speed is slow and the galaxy (as always) is huge.
So should I double all research costs so that the default Normal is the current Slow? Iscaran thinks so (AFAICT), so having other people agree with this might warrant the change.
I would propose more complicated relation penalties for invasion, depending on race attitude, for example: Warlike - no penalty, Peaceful higher penalty, others - in between, but after bombardment (which is sometimes inevitable), up to you to decide. It still could be differenciated for example: merkantile - "war is good for business", isolacionists - "who cares?...", etc)
There's something like that already :wink:
I had Warlike (minors) and Militaristic (Klingons) suffer no penalty, but removed it at some point - I can add it back, ofc.
Diplomatic (Federation) has a higher penalty, Peaceful and Pacifist (minors) even higher.
Then there's a couple more modifiers :cool:
Mercantile and Isolationists - I can add those, sure.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Actually, the penalty is higher if the Federation is the aggressor, or if the target is either a Pacifist or Peaceful race (plus a couple of factors).
I scaled back the Regard penalty, and made it so that Militaristic, Warlike, Isolationist, Mercantile and Raider (added those too) would only get a small temporary penalty (all the others get a permanent penalty).

Working on getting intel to do something. Still need to get the AI to use it though.
USS Defiant
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by USS Defiant »

Another error log + screenshot. Game froze after ending a turn while "processing intelligence". I managed it back to the menu screen where I took the screenshot.

So long!
Attachments
Error.txt
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (95.72 KiB) Viewed 4993 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
Another remark: Cards have no technology to refine dilithium from Crystalline giants (or any similar one) - maybe purposely?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:27 am Hi Iceman,
Another remark: Cards have no technology to refine dilithium from Crystalline giants (or any similar one) - maybe purposely?
Yep. Only the Feds can actually build the Particle Fountain.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

USS Defiant wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:02 am Another error log + screenshot. Game froze after ending a turn while "processing intelligence". I managed it back to the menu screen where I took the screenshot.
I may have a fix for that, but haven't uploaded it yet. I was waiting for feedback on the other crash (the OB one).
It's probably time to release a new patch. I'm just tweaking the sabotage code, and still need to add a SitRep for it.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Implemented morale modifiers from battles. Penalties from defeats are working but may need some tweaking; bonuses from victories are still placeholder, need to improve it.
Also improved the code for retreats from combat.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch.
Please check if it fixes the other crash still lurking.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
I have just downloaded Oct10 patch and used it for my current game as Cards. Seems to work OK.
It was only a couple of minutes ago, but it looks that it affected population count - see attached screen.
I suppose it concerns moon population.
Screen (4).jpg
Screen (4).jpg (407.74 KiB) Viewed 4895 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Now I see a change in Immunology Centre specifiation. I like it. The centres could not become useless in more advanced game. I would even add 1 for each planet apart ideal ones.
But why I got overpopulated planet? It looks that planet population has changed after the patch.
BTW - a diffentiation of ideal planets by race has not been implemented yet?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK. Saves are not compatible. A new game looks good. The old one produces interesting changes...
Screen (5).jpg
Screen (5).jpg (437.32 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Those are really odd issues... they don't happen on a new game, correct? The pop caps and the Dilithium Refinery ones. I didn't change anything in the Immunology Centre, so I guess that was yet another one.
Ah, I removed some bonuses (Intel related) from the game, so the indexes must have gotten shifted. So yeah, in a new game those issues should be solved. The overpopulation issue might have resulted from the Moon Habitation getting another bonus instead of its regular one, and max pop decreased as a consequence.
BTW - a diffentiation of ideal planets by race has not been implemented yet?
If I understand you correctly, yes, some races have different ideal planet types - the Klingons and the Jem'Hadar prefer Jungle planets, the Founders prefer Rogue planets, and a bunch of minors prefer Oceanic, Desert, Barren, etc.
Growth Rate is calculated according to that preference. Terraforming cost isn't, though, it's a single table for all.

---

BTW, victories in space battles always grant the WinMajorBattle morale modifier for now. I still need to finish that code, and add a SitRep. Defeats should be working ok, the thresholds might need to be tweaked a bit. The SitRep is a placeholder, needs to be improved.

The sabotage code is not complete, and there are no SitReps/warnings yet, so if you find stuff missing from your colonies, well, you should have invested more in Intel :razz:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I only opened a new game and checked description in the Encyclopedia and everything looked correct.
I suppose that it was a movement in displaying building paramenters, but the game mechanics worked probably OK. I had no dilithium shortage or starvation on a single planet. Sorry, but it is not worth to continue the old game now.

Anyway please consider a small population bonus for immunology centres.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, you can continue the old game if you wish; just revert back to the release/patch you were using.
Anyway please consider a small population bonus for immunology centres.
What exactly do you mean by this?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Accidentally, using a save from older game after the last patch, there was a description of the immunology centre that it insceased slightly max population in the system. It was simply wrong description, but I found it interesting.

If the immunology centre could increase the max population by 10 (for example), it would not become useless in more advanced game phase.
Last edited by geordie on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Supremacy”