Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
I have got an error just after pressing TURN button. Version Oct17. I played couple of turns before that. Old saves work this time.
I added some translations to the error.txt
Error.txt
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Last edited by geordie on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It's the orbital batteries issue again... thanks, I'll have to look into it again.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Has anyone had the *other* crash (the agents/CivManager related one) with the 17oct patch? I tried to address that one in the patch, curious to see if it's fixed.
That patch should also have morale modifiers from combat working, and a couple more bells and whistles.

I haven't had much free time lately, but I've already added a few more things, and fixed a few others.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch to BB.

Made some changes according to feedback in the forums: disabled the Immunology Centre and increased GR of Hostile and Marginal planets; increased time between recruitment of agents a bit; added a new random event and reworked the parameters of the rest; tweaked some SitReps.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

Hi,

sorry I was off for 3 weeks...just wanted to say that I didn't drop the game. Just got really busy in RL at the moment.

Is there a new version out yet ? Though I will probably have little time until after x-mas to test :-/
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Iscaran. No worries, RL is more important ;)
IIRC you were playing the 15sep patch, correct? There have been a number of patches after that, with some fixes, tweaks, new stuff. This thread has some info on that. I think I forgot to mention that there are a couple of colonization events now - there's a chance youwill find some stuff when you colonize a system.
Savegames are not compatible though, because of changes I made to Intel.
I'm working on something to force you to generate some Intel in your systems, but it's not ready yet so I have disabled it for now. It's still a little too brutal, have to tone it down a bit.

In the latest patch I also tried something in regards to the OB crash, but I'm not sure it'll help.

I'm pretty busy myself right now for at least a couple of weeks, but whenever I can spare a little time, I work on the game.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed the autosave issue (with the diplo proposals not being stored).

Added a warning in the diplo screen when you offer more Credits than you have in your treasury. Currently, it is set as a Proceed? Y/N dialog. My question is, should the game not allow you to make such an offer instead? There is a Regard penalty if you do not have the Credits available, but I'm not sure you should actually be able to make the offer? I mean, there's no point... the warning is useful because sometimes you might not look at the credits display.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I assume that the autosave fix has not been published yet... I am of course interested in that one.

I suppose the short money warning is even more than enough. It is an immanent player's right to make mistakes... :grin:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Nope, not yet. I was waiting on feedback about the OB crash before releasing a new patch.

Hehe, my question is more in terms of design - should the game allow you to offer something you don't have which will not be accepted and will have a negative impact on you?
Poor design? Or am I overthinking this?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I had not too much time for Supremacy recently, but today I tried to test orbitals, even I do not know if any special conditions are required to be prepared. My crash caused by OBs was fully accidental. I tried to build some batteries, powered and upgraded them and... nothing happended so far. Of course I hesitated to write about that, not to lure bad luck again.

BTW - I am still playing huge galaxy with slow research speed, so I met first major race in turn 283 :grin:

I have also two small suggestions - please consider to implement following:
= after double clicking a dyplomacy news in the turn summary would be nice to move cursor directly to the indicated race in the diplomacy panel (not just to the last position in the panel)
= and similar one - after double clicking given race in the diplomacy panel would be nice to move to the related star system - it is difficult sometimes to remember where to find given race in the huge galaxy
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There are no special conditions really. The crash happens with the AI, not the human player. If you reached turn 283 without getting any crashes, it probably means that the issue is gone (and the other crash too, the one related to agents, which I tried to fix in the previous patch).

What tech level are you at, just out of curiosity?

I'll check what I can do.
For the first one, try using the headers of the civ list to sort them. Click on the Incoming header to sort by replies received - either once or twice, to get it to the top of the list.
All headers sort the list in some way - the name of the civ sorts them A-Z or Z-A, etc.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I played about 20 turns after the last patch. I am at 8 tech level right now and I built more science units than in the previous games.
I am using header change just after any save upload, but I prefer a sort by status.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch, with a few fixes, improvements, etc.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There's a potential hang that is not specific to the latest patch, I'll probably have to re-upload.

geordie wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:05 pm = and similar one - after double clicking given race in the diplomacy panel would be nice to move to the related star system - it is difficult sometimes to remember where to find given race in the huge galaxy
I've added the Home System and Quadrant of the race to the Diplomacy Report text in the Race Info panel. Next I'll try to make clicking on the Home System name move you to the race's homesystem.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Damn terrorists :twisted:

Will upload a new patch shortly.
Attachments
terrorism.png
terrorism.png (208.59 KiB) Viewed 5242 times

Return to “Supremacy”