Dominus Galaxia (Master of Orion like game)

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Blake00
Ensign
Ensign

Dominus Galaxia (Master of Orion like game)

Post by Blake00 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:12 pm

I spent endless hours playing Master of Orion 1 in the 90s (which of course fueled my love of BOTF) so this sounds good! Pretty much a love letter to MOO1.. infinite techs.. dynamic AI.. wormhole/starlane game or not.. super customizable UI & gameplay. What's even crazier is that he's released the latest build (not just a demo) of the game for free on his kickstarter. Do you like free stuff? I like free stuff! :P

https://explorminate.co/dominus-galaxia ... -launched/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwG4D-fCsg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwG4D-fCsg
Last edited by Blake00 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Dominus Galaxia (Master of Orion like game)

Post by Martok » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm a Kickstarter backer. I've been following the dev's progress with Dominus Galaxia for a few years now, so it's exciting to see the game finally make it to this stage. For all the crowdfunding "fatigue" that exists out there (which the developer openly acknowledges), I'm actually looking forward to this one. :)

The beta version available for download is already pretty fun to play. Definitely worth checking out!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Looks cool! Will check it out.
Thanks Blake!

Blake00
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Blake00 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:14 am

Sadly it looks like it probably won't get funding in time.. got pretty close too. ​​​​​​​:(
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Iceman
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Iceman » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:12 am

:(
It's the same guy that was making Remnants of the Precursors, right? The MoO1 clone/tribute/whatever.

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:05 pm

Blake00 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:14 am
Sadly it looks like it probably won't get funding in time.. got pretty close too. ​​​​​​​:(

As a matter of fact, Dominus Galaxia did get fully funded! A late surge in the final 36 hours of the campaign put it over the top. :D

Iceman wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:12 am
:(
It's the same guy that was making Remnants of the Precursors, right? The MoO1 clone/tribute/whatever.

They're actually different projects, run by different people (although I know they've sometimes "talked shop" over on the Explorminate forums).

Remants is pretty much a straight-up remake of MOO1, just with more modern visuals, UI, and improved AI. In contrast, DG is more of a spiritual sequel (albeit one that's strongly inspired/influenced by MOO1).
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Blake00
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Blake00 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:34 am

Yeah I really thought it was in trouble there but he just made it over the line. :)

Return to “General Chat”