Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

The OBT is the easiest treaty to get, and notice that a good part of the minors (and this includes Isolasionists IIRC) only have their homesystems as their territory. So you don't actually get a trespassing penalty for moving inside their territory - if what I mentioned above is implemented, and you start terraforming immediately on arrival, you don't actually get any penalty (or a reduced one if it is not totally cancelled but instead decreased, which might be an option). The rest of the minors either have a 1 or 2 sector radius territory, so it is not much a problem either - 1 or 2 turns of penalty at most.
Also, the penalty should depend on fleet size and ship type. Civilian ships should have a low value, and combat ships, depending on type, much higher.

Re limiting the effect, I don't think the Ferengi or the Cytherians (or another empire for sure) should be as impressed with you terraforming their homesystem as say the Capellans?

As for diplo tools, right now you can assign an envoy, sign agreements, establish TRs, offer Credits, terraform planets, bribe members of another empire. At some point, you'll be able to choose to liberate colonies, and threaten with war or embargos, and create neutral zones or relinquish claims to disputed sectors.
Offering resources might be a bit too hard to balance correctly, not sure if it should be implemented.
Any other ideas?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch.

Tried to fix and improve the consistency of info displayed when cloaked fleets are present in a sector:
- starmap (civ insignia and tooltip values)
- Task Forces panel
- ships panel

If you guys could test this with different cloak strengths and scan strengths, and report any issues you might find, that'd be great.
Thanks
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

BTW, in the patch I made OBTs also last for 25 turns, so people could try it like that and see how it goes. Feedback is welcome.

Re cloak vs scan, there is still a core problem related to how insignias in the starmap are created, in that cloaked fleets that are not identified are lumped together with identified fleets of the same owner, thus revealing their owner (in the starmap icon/tooltip).
I hot-fixed it for when there's only one fleet, but with multiple fleets the issue is still present (see pic).
Attachments
cloak.png
cloak.png (152.22 KiB) Viewed 6825 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed a few minor issues in towing.
The game will produce some weird results when the towing fleet and the towed fleet are destroyed in battle, and will hang/crash when ending turn.

I *think* WarDecs from the AI are fixed, the SitRep is shown now - at least it showed after I downed a couple of Card colony ships trying to claim a system I wanted (a few turns later their Troop Transports took it from me :smile: )
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Further testing revealed that the AI was getting scared of non-combat ships (like colony ships) in orbit of colonies they were trying to subjugate... :roll:
Fixed it, and added a few other conditions to ensure it will not squander its transports in hopeless troop landings.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I *think* WarDecs from the AI are fixed, the SitRep is shown now - at least it showed after I downed a couple of Card colony ships trying to claim a system I wanted (a few turns later their Troop Transports took it from me :smile: )
Nope, not yet. Sometimes I get the SitRep, other times I don't... will have to investigate why.

I've been working on getting the invasion SitReps (finally) done, I'm halfway through refactoring that code.
While testing this, I noticed that there is a smallish bug in ground combat - will look into it.
A curious thing happened, too. The Cards took my colony, I took it back a few turns later, then they took it again after some time, and in that same turn, the colony rebelled back to me; they still had one leftover Troop Transport in orbit, and invaded again (the colony had no garrison, since it had rebelled). :lol:
Attachments
rebellion.png
rebellion.png (231.19 KiB) Viewed 6688 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch uploaded.
Fixed the ground combat bug, system assault should be pretty much done - apart from tweaking the texts. Any feedback (on the texts and on how it is working) is much appreciated.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

So, the assimilation code for the Borg AI is ready for release (a preliminary version anyway), and this is the result. :shock:

With this in place, a number of issues has been uncovered, and dealt with.
- Borg AI will not try to land troops when assaulting systems
- fixed bug with invasions when AI attacks OBs
- fixed a bug where you'd still establish 1st contact with an assimilated civ
(- made it more evident in the diplo screen when a civ is eliminated, added the eliminated icon)
- fixed the system assimilated sitrep
- fixed OBs on assimilation
- destroy SY on assimilation
- fixed bug where you could assimilate with construction ships
- assimilation insta terraforms all planets in the system (for now)
(- when a colony is destroyed, all planets in the system are un-terraformed)
. destroying the Borg homesystem grants the EliminateEmpire morale bonus
- Borg do not collect taxes, cannot rush buy, do not produce Trade Goods (UI needs fixing)
- lowered Borg SY output
- limited Borg shipbuilding to pop support value
(- fixed issues with max garrison)
( - bombing your own race in subjugated systems is extra bad)
(- added tooltips to the GCM buttons)
(- improved information given by the station icon in the starmap, and the TF panel icon and tooltip)

There will probably be a new release tomorrow.
Attachments
Sol.png
Sol.png (164.2 KiB) Viewed 5275 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The "Resistance is Futile" release is up! Go grab it. Beware of the Borg though, don't go wake them up! :twisted:

One other change I made was that in system assaults, you only get to choose a bombardment strategy (Max Accuracy, Balanced, Max Damage) if you have either a Strike Cruiser or a Command ship in the assault.

As usual, feedback... yadda yadda yadda.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I will try to play as Borg, but I have not too much free time recently.
I would suggest that in the Borg game all opponents should start at least with Advanced tech level
In other game I am building some troop ships to test that option, hopefully soon
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I still need to change the NetCombatStrength display in the system assault screen, to something that better reflects the chances of a successful invasion - since the defenders have 1st strike capability, those numbers are deceiving.
I would suggest that in the Borg game all opponents should start at least with Advanced tech level
I need to get a better formula for unleashing the Borg. Maybe keep the time-based release condition as is, but tie the 1st-contact condition to tech level...
They still need to be placed in the upper right corner of the galaxy, so there's that.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:36 pmSo, the assimilation code for the Borg AI is ready for release (a preliminary version anyway), and this is the result. :shock:
Well, you seem to miss out on the only real question in this matter: What happened to the other 7.5+ billion 'colonists'?

If you allow my a wild guess, I'd say the borg get fooled with extraordinarily advanced cloaking technology:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVN7QJ8m88&t=10s
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Spocks. You're absolutely right, it should say *million* colonists... :roll: my bad, will fix asap!
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Made the Plague random event not affect those races that cannot be assimilated (Horta, Tholians, etc), which can be part of an empire through membership or subjugation.

When a colony is assimilated, its morale gets maxed. The Borg should not have any use for morale now.

Like mentioned in another thread, now you will only be able to survey one endpoint of a wormhole.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have taken two systems over from Klingons. The assault looks OK.

Return to “Supremacy”