All in One version 2.0.0 installer

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

All in One version 2.0.0 installer

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

As some of you might have read I have started an update to the All in One installer.

here is my short list of updates/changes

update ECM to version 4.1
add 1080 patch
decrease map size for widescreen versions to improve turn processing (see this post)
add Mirror universe mod
update UDM and other of my mods with some of the new patches
If any original mod creators read and want submit changes send me a PM.

If you know of any other things that need to be addressed let me know

note; version 1.0.1 is 1.09 gb
version 2.0.0 is currently 1.32 gb

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: All in One version 2.0.0 installer

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:36 amdecrease map size for widescreen versions to improve turn processing (see this post)
It's not only about the turn lag. As a rule of a thumb, prominent parts of AI code will fail when not at least two other empires within a max distance of ten sectors. So map size should never exceed about 40 x 30 sectors.

Also if I'm not mistaken, you removed AI shipyards from UDM aibldreq.bin due to the turn lag issue. With reframed map sizes you might reconsider. :wink:

EDIT:

Here are some remaining codes for AI empire behavior. I did not analyze/manipulate them further cause it think the results will be more or less disappointing. I didn't even expect to find such codes, since the 'experienced' AI behavior appears to be allways the same (IIRC).

Code: Select all

AUTO:0041428C                 cmp     word ptr [esi+8], 1 ; Federation  0x13690 // negative diplomatic shift vs. empires with subjugated system in range of federation
AUTO:0043110E                 cmp     dx, 1               ; Federation  0x30511 // same as above but only if no score or tech deviation issue resp SphOfIn issue

AUTO:0043031A                 cmp     word ptr [ebx+8], 1 ; Federation  0x2F71E // skip Harass ship tasks when Cold War

AUTO:00422FE5                 cmp     word ptr [esi+8], 1 ; Federation  0x223E9 // some minor race attitude bonus +50

AUTO:00422FF8                 cmp     word ptr [esi+8], 0 ; Cardassians 0x223FC // some minor race attitude penalty -50

-> lower 4-byte float value seems to indicate more warlike behavior?:

58F84C AI_fleet_deviation_floats_1_2__1_3__1_3__1_1__1_25 (card-rom)
58F860 AI_mil_4_sector_distance_floats_1_35__1_5__1_7__1_2__1_5 (card-rom)

sub_430F40 for set war type, AI to AI gifts, Treaty Offers sizes & Turn lenghts
58F874 AI_fleet_values_0_5__0_9__1_75__0_5__0_5 (card-rom) -> Ferengi peak value?

sub_432390 Treaty Offers sizes & Turn lenghts (card-rom deviations)
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Thanks for the info, interesting how this AI is programmed.

I made good progress, or at least more than I expected. I currently have all the 1080 files added (some files will need adjusting still) but the new installer has been compiled and all mods load properly. btw now all mods (25 of them, soon 26) will be able to be installed at 1080 from the All in One installer. :shock:

while setting up all those widescreen versions it got me thinking about the "extended view" option, and I think it is not needed if zoom is optimized properly.

example I noticed if I set zoomed in view to just slightly smaller than the small map size the large map will be almost 25% of the map when zoomed in. And all of the original icons and code works very well. Especially on 1366 and 1080 versions.

thoughts?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

update

1080 has been added to all mods (note; 1080 will continue to be a generic GUI)
Mirror Universe mod has been added to installer and compiled, but still work in progress
DxWnd has been updated with updated ini files
all widescreen versions the map sizes have been edited
All updates have been added to Error correction mod

testing of 1080 versions are going very well, and have only ran into a couple small gui issues like images out of place or missing.

I am still hoping to get a little feedback on "extended view" option before I make changes

thunderchero
darthmaul
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by darthmaul »

Where can I download the new version?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

it maybe be a couple months before it is released
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

As an aside, in what ways does the AI "fail when not at least two other empires within a max distance of ten sectors?"

Thanks,

Ken
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Ovarwa wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pmin what ways does the AI "fail when not at least two other empires within a max distance of ten sectors?"
Many hard coded AI functions (e.g. for territorial expansion, resource management and diplomacy) strongly indicate the AI cannot use its full potential without this prerequisite. The worst case scenario being that it stops its expansion entirely at some point.

Of course this won't scare 'pet-universe' builders, and the AI empires won't commit suicide, but don't expect challenging AI opponents, even by really low BotF standards (i.e. impossible & starting at T1 vs. all AI players at T5 you won't get any trouble).
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

Huh.

Even in 40*30 games, I'd expect empires to often start more than 10 sectors away from all but one other empire, or even from all empires.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

Real life has gotten in the way of any progress on this project.

It is still on my "to do list" but not sure when I will be able to get back to working on it again.

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

This update is a 'nice to have', but for the most users the Ultimate Editor plus BotF Patcher should get the job done. :wink:

Most appealing part of this is the mirror universe mod anyway, and at the moment there is very few active members still waiting for updates.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:05 pm Most appealing part of this is the mirror universe mod
For me what will be the best part of this update is;
I hope it will decrease instruction issues with to 1080 patch and correcting the wide screen map sizes. Also add some of your great new patches to some of my other mods.

The mirror universe mod will be a nice addition, but time will tell it's popularity. But from past posts only a few regular member are really looking forward to it. I fear it might have issues since very little testing will be done before release.
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

I'm looking forward to it!
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

(The thing I'd most want to see is a high resolution mod that does not shrink all the assets. My eyes do not deal well will tiny fonts and arrows and what have you. I'm not asking for it and do not expect to see it. I'm kind of amazed that work is still being done on this game at all! Just saying.)

Anyway,

Ken
Peelster1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Peelster1 »

thunderchero wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:24 pm
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:05 pm Most appealing part of this is the mirror universe mod
For me what will be the best part of this update is;
I hope it will decrease instruction issues with to 1080 patch and correcting the wide screen map sizes. Also add some of your great new patches to some of my other mods.

The mirror universe mod will be a nice addition, but time will tell it's popularity. But from past posts only a few regular member are really looking forward to it. I fear it might have issues since very little testing will be done before release.

Hi Thunderchero, if there is something specific you want tested on MUM mod please pm me the latest build and I'll work on it. Very much looking forward to release of MUM and All In One 2.0.0. Would like to see how it works in multiplayer. I'm just coming back from a few months where I didn't play so I might be a bit rusty though. Thanks for all you do with keeping BotF alive.

Return to “General Chat”