geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

An unexpected error :(
Error 20200108.txt
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
An old game but a fresh unpacked 20191206, patched to 20200107. A crash in the end of first turn after the update
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi geordie. Did you load a game saved with an older release? That might be the cause for the crash. It's related to a trade route being cancelled due to breaking agreements (some war declaration?).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iscaran wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:12 pm One more thing I noticed today.

Science Stations are apparently NOT Giving research (any more) ? Is this by design or a bug ?
How did you come to this conclusion? Notice that this does not generate a SitRep message. Did you check if the RPs increased, in the science screen?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I tested a little trade routes, but that was within the same turn. I have created and canceled one route with a newly found minor race.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

But was it a game saved with an older version?

The trade route that you created and cancelled, did it originate in one of your native systems, or the homesystem of a minor race with the Mercantile trait, like the Ferengi (which don't need an Open Borders treaty to establish TRs)?

(I'll reply to the engines topic later)
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It was old save. The trade route was created and cancelled in the same, new turn. The Involved race were Boslics, so one with the mercantile trait. The other minor race was just discovered in the same turn, so without Open Border treaty.
I had no problems Starting the game once more and completing next two turns.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

Did you check if the RPs increased, in the science screen?
No. I did not. I thought you would get it the same way via sitrep as with surveyors.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Nope. I thought it would be annoying to get the messages every turn (the survey ship ones, at some point, will only show once - when survey is changed to only once per sector per survey ship tier).
Do you think I should add it?
I don't see much of a point, but it's an easy fix.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

Hmmm....perhaps a better idea would be to make an "information field" or something like the fleet support pop up in the credits display somewhere in the science screen where it shows how the RP are obtained and shows RP from Surveying and RP from buildings separately ?

That way one could get rid of the entire sitreps of ships etc. (or only show the message once "Surveying of Phenomenon "XYZ" in sector X,Y, now increases Techfield "XYZ").
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's what I said above. When I change the way survey works, it will only show once :wink:
That SitRep might be required, to let you know the survey ship has done its job, and you should move it somewhere else.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 pm I tested a little trade routes, but that was within the same turn. I have created and canceled one route with a newly found minor race.
Fixed, thx!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch. Fixes the AI not fully terraforming systems issue (which it did, but only on a certain condition), which will help with the possible lack of expansion problem. Some improvements were made to AI colony management, namely pop allocation and construction.
Still a lot to do, just wanted to put it out there for people to test it and provide feedback. I'll try to address more stuff (an issue with food, building factories, manning Intel, building some Building types) tomorrow.

Also, increased RPs needed for tech levels 3+. Feedback on this (in the other, dedicated thread please) too would be much appreciated.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch. Fixed the food issue (an helper function was not working as intended), and AI now builds labs - this should make it more competitive, and hence this patch so close to the previous one. Still needs a lot more attention.
SeaBee-T
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SeaBee-T »

Can't wait till the AI is fully completed! :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hehe, me neither. But that's gonna take a while.
I'm still trying to improve the colony management AI, there are still some quirks to be ironed out, and stuff to be coded - it only builds the more basic Buildings, for now.

Uploaded a new patch.
Handling of food should now be much better. And it should build research Buildings (not just Production Facilities).

Return to “Supremacy”