Bug in All The Ages?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

kingofbytes
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Bug in All The Ages?

Post by kingofbytes »

Hi There! I'm at roughly Turn 232 on AAM large mod (small galaxy) running as the Ferengi. I got into a 'subspace anomaly' situation back at roughly turn 190. Of course, the starships cannot move. After about 20 turns without moving, I tried to just click Turn, Turn, Turn, etc without managing my game just to see when it would free up starship travel.

One time, it only took 7 more Turns (not managing anything) to get soemthing that said "Q was apprehended" and the subspace anomaly disappeared. Excited to see it would be only 7 more turns, I went back to my saved game and played normally. Needless to say I'm about 40 turns later and haven't gotten the ssubspace anomaly to go away. I tried to toggle "random events" a few times and play a few more turns to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a fix? It's not fun just managing colonies, plus with no positive action happening, all of the colonies are losing morale and are mostly disgruntled to content. (I had conquered the Cardassians and part of the Klingons - those are the disgruntled ones). Thanks for any help!
Attachments
Q was apprehended.jpg
Q was apprehended.jpg (282.13 KiB) Viewed 2389 times
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Bug in All The Ages?

Post by thunderchero »

random event "on/off switch" is only effective before you start a game.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

The start and end time of random events is always random. I don't know how the code works, but as far I can visualize it, it's as if a die is rolled each turn to decide if the random ends. That's why your game didn't end in seven turns the second time around; all new rolls of the die. Once a random is activated, it doesn't go away by switching the setting.
kingofbytes
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by kingofbytes »

I didn't believe the random would do much frankly, but had to try something. I just turned (without playing) about 45 times and got 'released' finally from the subspace anomaly. In all my years of playing and getting subspace anomalies, it's never been more than 10 turns. I wonder if it has anything to do with the difficulty setting? I started playing on the hardest - 5 Nemesis.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

I don't know. I haven't played with randoms on in years, they always annoyed me to no end. As far as I remember, they were pretty much all negative, although I don't know what they have done with them on the mods, maybe they have more positives.
kingofbytes
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by kingofbytes »

Fair enough - random can give you more population when it changes a planet in a positive direction (barren to jungle for example). Although I agree it's more negative than positive. Also, I'm wondering if the economic prosperity bonuses and additional building items are found under the random setting - never tested.

Return to “General Chat”