Picard is back in a new Trek series!!!

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Picard is back in a new Trek series!!!

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Same, it's like, I know what I dont like about it, I know some points, but at the same time, we're trekkies, some of those we can finagle our way around anyway.
Exactly. So far, I haven't seen anything that disturbed me in a major way. There are some discussions going on here and there but that's normal. I find it ok that they made the Supernova.

Even happened to me in BotF a couple of times with Romulans. Iirc they started with a red giant.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Wait wait... romulus got supernova'd in a BOTF play through?

hahahaha!
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Yeah that is kind of funny isn't it haha.

Apparently CBS has posted the first episode of Picard on YouTube for a limited time. So, if you dont have All Access and want to check it out, you have til Feb 7 to watch it for free. Naturally it's region locked though urgh.

Episode 2 of Picard seen. Glad it explains some of the mysteries & fan complaints about the first episode.
► Show Spoiler
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Episode 3 seen: (spoiler alert)
► Show Spoiler
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Blake00 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:57 am Yeah that is kind of funny isn't it haha.

Apparently CBS has posted the first episode of Picard on YouTube for a limited time. So, if you dont have All Access and want to check it out, you have til Feb 7 to watch it for free. Naturally it's region locked though urgh.

I did watch the 1st episode while it was still on YT. While I'm still a bit skeptical about the series overall, I'll admit I enjoyed it for the most part. Here's hoping the others continue in the same vein.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

Latest episode was ok, again, hard to watch an ancient Picard fumble with a sword and stumbling thru doorways.

Seemed light on logic... I cannot imagine how the ancient Romulan warbird was supposed to "drive" them into the planetary defenses. It's freaking space... point that way and goto warp.

Just hard to imagine getting a destroyer sized starship "boxed in" between a planet and a cruiser.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Yeah I was like "BLOODY DO THE PICARD MANOOVER!"
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 pm Yeah I was like "BLOODY DO THE PICARD MANOOVER!"
I know you're talking about the Stargazer incident but I'm just gonna stick this here anyway hahaha

Episode 4 seen (belated).. WE'RE OFF!:
► Show Spoiler

Guess I better hurry up and watch Ep 5 now instead of reading comments as that's just asking for spoilers haha.

AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

I'm done. I'm not watching it anymore... because as a video by Major Grin on Youtube points out, ... well, ... pretty much that.
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Yeah.. let me guess.. you saw episode 5.. cause wow.. If people here disliked it you don't have to worry about me arguing with you on this one guys. As this episode broke me too, or more precisely it broke my enjoyment of the show. I didn't enjoy that at all. I thought maybe if I sleep on it I'd feel better but nope, today I'm even grumpier about it haha. Up until now I've only had little nitpicks and have really enjoyed show and have defended it when people have complained about it "not feeling like star trek" but there was next to nothing Star Trek feeling about Ep 5. Those people who complained about past eps not being star trek are gonna looooooove this one lol. I don't wanna walk away from a Star Trek episode feeling frustrated and miserable. When they played the exciting trailer for the next ep and all the cool Borg stuff at the end I didn't even give s***. I was like.. whatever. They're gonna have to work hard in the next few eps to undo the damage that one just did. I can only hope that they had to go that dark and callous to setup the audience to be brought back to the light and happy ending lol. But I can't help but think that if it turned me off that badly then all those people out there who's really not been that into the new show and were barely holding on will probably be like "stuff this!" and be done with it after seeing that ep lol.
► Show Spoiler

Urgh.. end of rant. Breath Daniel.. Just breath... lol

Like I said.. they're gonna need to work hard to undo the damage this episode did. I think I'd rather rewatch most of the episodes in discovery season 1 than ever watch that episode again lol.

Everywhere I go so far I've seem pretty horrified responses to ep5. I've seen a couple of dudes say they loved ep5 though, I was like WAAAT lol.
► Show Spoiler
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

As sad as I am to say it, this show is NOT Trek. We've got a dystopian society in the Federation with poor people, on Earth no less, complaining about "rich" people. Swear words are common, and we've had several instances of people smoking and vaping. All of these things have been previously established as not being a thing in the future. But the biggest criticism of the show is that Picard, is NOT the Picard from TNG. The Picard on this show is weak willed and gives up easily. That is not Picard. And I am sick and tired of seeing him sit there meekly as strong woman after strong woman reads him the riot act and puts him down multiple times every episode. I can't believe Stewart is taking part in destroying the legacy of his own most iconic character.
Amazing
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Amazing »

Love this show :grin:
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Probably noticed I haven't posted here since I blew up a bit over Ep5 haha (although I see you guys have kept things going on without me thankfully haha). I have kept watching the show though but was less invested in it to continue posting my episode round ups. I said after ep 5 that they'd really need some good eps to undo the damage that did, so...

Here's my thoughts on eps 6-9..
► Show Spoiler
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Final Episode 10 rant..
► Show Spoiler
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Well, that was something.

Didn't feel like Trek most of the time for me. I re-watched the first episode quite often when it came out. Didn't do that with most of the episodes that came later which tells a lot.

Despite the length, the episodes always felt short for me. I'm doing an SG-1 rewatch atm and it just feels so different.

What I truly liked about Picard was the scenery and the SFX in general. The chars I liked the most were his Romulan housekeepers from e1.

I see this entire season as an opener. After watching the final episode, it feels like a pilot dragged out over the course of an entire season.
eber3 wrote:Swear words are common
big dislike from me here. Absolutely unnecessary. Probably a reflection to our time where it got quite common. Just doesn't feel right.

Anyway. Mixed feelings from me on this show so far. I liked it more than Discovery and am looking forward to the Orville now ^^

Return to “General Chat”