Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:20 pm Another Thing... How come the planet bonuses for Sol keep changing?

New start: Mercury and Venus both have energy bonus, earth has food bonus... but not all new games do this.
Those bonuses are set to be random, for variety. So that starts aren't always the same. You might get lucky with the bonuses, you might not.
You can mod this though, and make Earth always have a Food bonus for example. It's in HomeSystems.xml. The Great Link always has an Energy bonus, due to its lower pop cap.
Also, just did a new game+F12 and hunting for no-hab-planet systems, and unlike that playthrough I spoke of that had three ahandful of sectors from Sol in that game, this one... doesn't have ANY no-habitable-planet-in-systems for both Alpha and Gamma quadrant. ... *vulcan eyebrow*

... haha just started Beta quadrant, and boom, found one... no bonuses though. ...
That's random too. You can actually tweak that too, in Tables\UniverseTables.txt.

The current build can still produce the index crash, caused by scanners. Thanks geordie for your great observations! :up:
I've just disabled the AI building them, and uploaded a new patch.

@Iscaran, geordie, anyone else: could you check this new patch to see if your CPU issues get any better please? I made one change that might help.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:29 pm 6 in Beta. ... SIX. (Of course, galaxy generation doesn't have to spread stuff equally...)
Six in how many systems total? If it's a Large or Huge galaxy, it's not that bad.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

This is a great game, thanks for all you do iceman. I played the borg yesterday till turn 237 or so and was really starting to errors every other time or so. Mainly if I did things on the galaxy screen and the build screens at the same time, stick to one or the other and it last longer. If i was going to post the next error.txt for you were is that done . I use a 64bit windows 7 computer. Appreciate your time.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Sodbuster, welcome to the forums, and thanks for your kind words!
The Borg are still a work in progress, and a headache :wink: but I'll try to give them some more love.

Did you play the release version (20191207), or did you apply any of the patches? 30jan should have fixed OBs and scanners - there are other upgradeable Buildings though, which I need to address too.

The error logs are located in the game's main folder, Logs subfolder.

Since you're running Win7, you shouldn't have those UI issues mentioned in the Win10 thread, correct?
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3613

Also, did you notice something similar to this:
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3871

Thanks for your feedback!
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

One or more errors occurred.

Server stack trace:
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoProduction(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2220
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoTurn(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 317
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<DoTurnCore>b__0() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 639
at System.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass130.<>c__DisplayClass132.<ToAsync>b__12f()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<DoTurnCore>d__53.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 642

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<ProcessTurn>d__52.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 523

Exception rethrown at [2]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

----------------------------------------

Index must be within the bounds of the List.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 listIndex, T item, Boolean upgradeableLockAlreadyHeld) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 362
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.Add(T item) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 343
at Supremacy.Universe.Colony.AddOrbitalBatteries(Int32 count) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Universe\Colony.cs:line 2141
at Supremacy.Orbitals.OrbitalBatteryDesign.TrySpawn(MapLocation location, Civilization owner, TechObject& spawnedInstance) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Orbitals\OrbitalBattery.cs:line 83
at Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject.Finish() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:line 431
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<DoProduction>b__0(Civilization civ) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2145
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

its the newest version, with the jan30th patch. and this is not me complaining just making you aware of errors that you might not know about, I'm just glad of the every turn auto save, I just do a couple things different and it goes back to working. Thanks again
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Crap... ok, thx, I'm looking into it again.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

@Iscaran, geordie, anyone else: could you check this new patch to see if your CPU issues get any better please? I made one change that might help
I am on business travels. But looking forward to testing the new version with all the improvements.

Question: Does one have to install ALL patches, starting from the last major version and in order of date, or just the last one ?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Just the last one, all patches include previous changes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:55 am its the newest version, with the jan30th patch. and this is not me complaining just making you aware of errors that you might not know about, I'm just glad of the every turn auto save, I just do a couple things different and it goes back to working. Thanks again
No worries, I *want* you guys to report everything. With all these attempts at fixing the damn issue, it's important that I know if the fixes are working or not.
I guess I might just disable the OB construction/upgrade code...

Those things you do differently, did you notice any pattern?
Or, is there anything different that you did when you got the crash(es)?

I'll add some log entries and release a new patch.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

More often then not its skipping everything to do with system menu for a couple turns, its actually been better today, the crash i posted and one that happened a couple hours ago had space battle choices when i arrived at a new system, I would pick an option but it didn't seem to matter if it was engage, hail or retreat and it dumped an error
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'll upload a new patch in a few minutes. I think the index issue might be related to the "advanced" minors - those that start with higher tech levels than the rest, regardless of starting level.
The Cytherians were actually the only ones (besides the Borg) that the code contemplated, but they uncovered other issues (which have already been fixed).
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

No worries, you'd say I needed to start a new game and I'm at 274 so I'll wait a while. But thank you
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Just in case you don't know: The TechTree.xml for some minors doesn't give them III, while in a few others what should be III is a duplicate II (Argrathi for instance)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Good catch with the duplicates Alex, thx! Will fix asap and re-upload the patch. LMK if you find any more copy+paste blunders please.
Some minors being limited to II is intended.

Return to “Supremacy”