Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Re-uploaded the 31jan patch (with the same name), as this might have something to do with the index issue.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:07 pm Just in case you don't know: The TechTree.xml for some minors doesn't give them III,
I artificially "capped" the canonically lower tech minors so that one such LTM with a huge homesystem wouldn't actually get better than a higher tech minor with a small(er) homesystem - larger systems means more pop, and more pop means more labs. But I only did that for OBs and SYs, not PFs, as the latter would require making TechTrees.xml huge, and a lot of work.
This issue was less pronounced when starting the game at Sophisticated+, but at Early every minor starts at TL1, so whoever had a larger system would have an advantage. With the introduction of terraforming, this is not so much of an issue (and that's one of the reasons I want to have minor race homesystems start with more terraformed planets according to their TechCurve - so the higher the TC, potentially the more pop, and the more labs, and so the HTMs should be better off than the LTMs).
Still, and as the player can terraform a minor race's homesystem, it would be kind of weird to see say the Capellans build OB IIIs.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Tried a new game got to about turn 15 and received this one.

One or more errors occurred.

Server stack trace:
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoProduction(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2220
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoTurn(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 317
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<DoTurnCore>b__0() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 639
at System.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass130.<>c__DisplayClass132.<ToAsync>b__12f()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<DoTurnCore>d__53.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 642

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<ProcessTurn>d__52.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 523

Exception rethrown at [2]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

----------------------------------------

Index must be within the bounds of the List.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 listIndex, T item, Boolean upgradeableLockAlreadyHeld) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 362
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.Add(T item) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 343
at Supremacy.Buildings.BuildingDesign.TrySpawn(MapLocation location, Civilization owner, TechObject& spawnedInstance) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Buildings\BuildingDesign.cs:line 255
at Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject.Finish() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:line 431
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<DoProduction>b__0(Civilization civ) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2145
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

. Ah. Yes. The Wackabug game. Hit one down, another comes up. :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hehe.

Turn 15? What starting level was this? Early, Sophisticated, ... ?
I haven't looked closer at Buildings much yet.
I assume you used the 30jan patch, 2nd version?

You know what I feel like doing? Remove all the starting items for all minors, and let them build them themselves; they can do that now, so...

And I had just re-enabled the AI building scanners for the next patch... :evil:

BTW, I capped the number of OBs minors can build to their TechCurve - that is, TC5 minors can only build 5 OBs, etc, regardless of system size. This does not apply to empires.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

It was borg at supreme, and it was the jan31 you put up late yesterday, it thru this one now, but my coding skills are poor, not sure if its the same or not

One or more errors occurred.

Server stack trace:
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoProduction(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2220
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.DoTurn(GameContext game) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 317
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<DoTurnCore>b__0() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 639
at System.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass130.<>c__DisplayClass132.<ToAsync>b__12f()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<DoTurnCore>d__53.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 642

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.<ProcessTurn>d__52.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 523

Exception rethrown at [2]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

----------------------------------------

Index must be within the bounds of the List.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 listIndex, T item, Boolean upgradeableLockAlreadyHeld) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 362
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollection`1.Add(T item) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 343
at Supremacy.Buildings.BuildingDesign.TrySpawn(MapLocation location, Civilization owner, TechObject& spawnedInstance) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Buildings\BuildingDesign.cs:line 255
at Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject.Finish() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:line 431
at Supremacy.Game.GameEngine.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<DoProduction>b__0(Civilization civ) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameEngine.cs:line 2145
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Right, 31jan, sorry. I uploaded 2 versions, one right after the other - after Alex found out about the OB duplication in the tech trees. That was the only change.
But yes, this is Buildings again, same error.
Will check the code again. And TechTrees.xml.
:roll: Sorry guys, I know this sucks. I'm trying to fix it as fast as I can.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Please LMK if you get these crashes related to OBs or PFs.
The last few lines in the error log should make that clear:
(this one is for Buildings)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Need to fix this. The "intellgence services" SitRep of the Borg, not the Dominion AI going for the Supremacy victory. :twisted:
Attachments
redmatterAI.png
redmatterAI.png (118.6 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A bit meh...
Any ideas on how to improve this?
Attachments
DomAISupVC.png
DomAISupVC.png (156.61 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:41 pm A bit meh...
Any ideas on how to improve this?

Is this alike the domination victory in BotF (60% of the galactic population resp 75% if alliance)?

How about something like: The Dominion has successfully contained the 'solids' infestation in this galaxy.

Not fitting especially for Borg, Dominion or the winning side, but one could show the beaten (or a warning beforehand) one of the famous Picard facepalms or Q saying "I told you to stay at your homesystem!" Not sure whether the players are going to appreciate it, though. https://www.google.com/search?q=picard+ ... e+facepalm
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Nope, this is another VC, where you build a science station in a system with a Demon planet, and accrue Red Matter points every turn until you reach a certain value, at which point you are able to synthesize RM and win the game.
There is also a Domination VC (60%) and an Alliance VC (75%) like in BotF.

I like that idea for the Domination VC SitRep for the Dominion, thx! :up:

:lol:

---

BTW, the current patch seems to make the game much more stable.

And for the next patch, I already fixed the +%TradeIncome bonus, which wasn't working (and displaying) properly.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

I just noticed when I right click for the menu options playing the federation when I click the intel button I get the summaries menu, If I hadn't played the borg and used that menu I'm not sure I would have noticed.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You mean the Assets screen? If so, yes, it's intentional but temporary. The Intel screen is not yet doing anything, and we need new Game Context Menus for the Feds, Roms and Dom - the current one (the Fed one) doesn't have a central insignia to access the Assets screen, so for now we have it like that. Until someone creates those missing GCMs that is :wink:

Any crashes so far, with the new patch?

Return to “Supremacy”