Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iscaran »

(No damage, according to event text Planet with 30 Pop destroyed however)
If the planet is not terraformed, there aren't any casualties, and the SitRep reflects that. If it is, there are.
What I wanted to say is. The Planet had 30 Pop (Terraformed) and got destroyed. But the sitrep said "no damage".

It was 100% Terraformed. I colonize only fully terraformed systems.
But Population was NOT on system maximum yet. Maybe thats why ?
Comet Strikes don't change planet types, they destroy them - they're turned into asteroid belts.
Are you sure this wasn't an Asteroid Impact event?
Might have been that - but I think I remember the sitrep was speaking about comet strike...(same as in the previous case) however outcome was for sure different.

But still even its its 2 different events. SAME system within 30 Turns ?!?...Sure there is not something fishy about the randomness calculator ? I remember from old games (summer 2019) where the same was happening also 2x, 3x the same system after a couple of turns...thats why I had turned off events in the last games. Too many (and too frequent) negative events, especially serious ones, happening. I dont mind those -xx Credits or -xx duranium etc. events...they are "nice" for flavour etc. But such probably "game changing" events should really occur rarely.

I mean consider the system would have been one of the Few or the only major colonies available and then destroyed twice ?!?....
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:53 pm Would you consider putting in a small growth rate to assimilated borg planets when your playing as the borg
Build the Maturation Chambers, the +%PopulationHealth bonus helps with growth rate. :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iscaran wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:18 pm
(No damage, according to event text Planet with 30 Pop destroyed however)
If the planet is not terraformed, there aren't any casualties, and the SitRep reflects that. If it is, there are.
What I wanted to say is. The Planet had 30 Pop (Terraformed) and got destroyed. But the sitrep said "no damage".

It was 100% Terraformed. I colonize only fully terraformed systems.
But Population was NOT on system maximum yet. Maybe thats why ?
If pop was not maxed, the destruction of that planet would not kill 30 pop, but a (direct) proportion of the population.
What *exactly* did the SitRep say? It cannot be "no damage" as none of the Comet Strike SitReps says that. Was it "the planet's 0 (zero) inhabitants perished..." or "and 0 (zero) structures were destroyed..." ?

But still even its its 2 different events. SAME system within 30 Turns ?!?...Sure there is not something fishy about the randomness calculator ? I remember from old games (summer 2019) where the same was happening also 2x, 3x the same system after a couple of turns...thats why I had turned off events in the last games. Too many (and too frequent) negative events, especially serious ones, happening. I dont mind those -xx Credits or -xx duranium etc. events...they are "nice" for flavour etc. But such probably "game changing" events should really occur rarely.

I mean consider the system would have been one of the Few or the only major colonies available and then destroyed twice ?!?....
From all the data I have, this must have been really bad luck.
Both of these events can only happen once every 600 turns to a given civ, they cannot happen twice to the same system, and they have a low occurrence chance. They will not happen if you have only one colony, and they're cancelled if your homesystem is selected.
They are different events, I cannot prevent one if the other has occurred.

I'll reduce their frequency yet again.

Has anyone else had this happen too?
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Iceman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 pm
Sodbuster2020 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:53 pm Would you consider putting in a small growth rate to assimilated borg planets when your playing as the borg
Build the Maturation Chambers, the +%PopulationHealth bonus helps with growth rate. :wink:
Pardon me on that, I was only paying attention to the growth rate figure not the population number going up. New release is running real smooth with the borg, with many minor races

Oh and my random events seem fine, don't really come around often enough to notice
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

It cannot be "no damage" as none of the Comet Strike SitReps says that. Was it "the planet's 0 (zero) inhabitants perished..." or "and 0 (zero) structures were destroyed..." ?
Yes it said exactly this - dont remember the exact words - but 0 or no pppl killed. 0 buildings destroyed.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: buildType

at Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject..ctor(Civilization owner, IProductionCenter productionCenter, TechObjectDesign buildType) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:line 75
at Supremacy.Economy.OrbitalBatteryBuildProject..ctor(Colony colony, OrbitalBatteryDesign target) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\ProductionFacilityBuildProject.cs:line 87
at Supremacy.Tech.TechTreeHelper.GetBuildProjects(Colony colony) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Tech\TechTreeHelper.cs:line 323
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.UpdateBuildLists() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 610
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.OnSelectedColonyChanged(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 515
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresentationModel.OnSelectedColonyChanged(Colony oldValue, Colony newValue) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresentationModel.cs:line 57
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresentationModel.set_SelectedColony(Colony value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresentationModel.cs:line 69
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.OnViewActivating() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 181
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenPresenterBase`2.OnViewIsActiveChanged(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenPresenterBase.cs:line 176
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenView`1.OnIsActiveChanged() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenView.cs:line 159
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenView`1.set_IsActive(Boolean value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenView.cs:line 178
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreenStack.set_CurrentScreen(Control value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreenStack.cs:line 344
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreenStackSelectionSyncBehavior.OnActiveViewsCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreenStack.cs:line 178
at System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.AddAndNotify(IList items)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.AddAndNotify(Object item)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.itemMetadata_MetadataChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ItemMetadata.InvokeMetadataChanged()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ItemMetadata.DependencyPropertyChanged(DependencyObject dependencyObject, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.Region.Activate(Object view)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.SingleActiveRegion.Activate(Object view)
at Supremacy.Client.Services.NavigationService.ActivateScreen(String screenName) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Services\INavigationService.cs:line 91
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: buildType

at Supremacy.Economy.BuildProject..ctor(Civilization owner, IProductionCenter productionCenter, TechObjectDesign buildType) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\BuildProject.cs:line 75
at Supremacy.Economy.OrbitalBatteryBuildProject..ctor(Colony colony, OrbitalBatteryDesign target) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Economy\ProductionFacilityBuildProject.cs:line 87
at Supremacy.Tech.TechTreeHelper.GetBuildProjects(Colony colony) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Tech\TechTreeHelper.cs:line 323
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.UpdateBuildLists() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 610
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.OnSelectedColonyChanged(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 515
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresentationModel.OnSelectedColonyChanged(Colony oldValue, Colony newValue) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresentationModel.cs:line 57
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresentationModel.set_SelectedColony(Colony value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresentationModel.cs:line 69
at Supremacy.Client.Views.ColonyScreenPresenter.OnViewActivating() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\ColonyScreen\ColonyScreenPresenter.cs:line 181
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenPresenterBase`2.OnViewIsActiveChanged(Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenPresenterBase.cs:line 176
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenView`1.OnIsActiveChanged() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenView.cs:line 159
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GameScreenView`1.set_IsActive(Boolean value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GameScreenView.cs:line 178
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreenStack.set_CurrentScreen(Control value) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreenStack.cs:line 344
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreenStackSelectionSyncBehavior.OnActiveViewsCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreenStack.cs:line 178
at System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.AddAndNotify(IList items)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.AddAndNotify(Object item)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ViewsCollection.itemMetadata_MetadataChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ItemMetadata.InvokeMetadataChanged()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.ItemMetadata.DependencyPropertyChanged(DependencyObject dependencyObject, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.Region.Activate(Object view)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Regions.SingleActiveRegion.Activate(Object view)
at Supremacy.Client.Services.NavigationService.ActivateScreen(String screenName) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Services\INavigationService.cs:line 91

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:57 am Pardon me on that, I was only paying attention to the growth rate figure not the population number going up. New release is running real smooth with the borg, with many minor races
I see you posted a crash log after posting this. Was that crash in this game with the Borg?
The crash is related to building orbital batteries. Did you try to build any OBs? I'm asking because the Borg aren't supposed to build them.

Oh and my random events seem fine, don't really come around often enough to notice
Ok, thx.
I think the RNG Gods just don't like Iscaran... :twisted:
I'm joking, I'll see what I can do to not allow multiple events on the same system.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iscaran wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:25 pm
It cannot be "no damage" as none of the Comet Strike SitReps says that. Was it "the planet's 0 (zero) inhabitants perished..." or "and 0 (zero) structures were destroyed..." ?
Yes it said exactly this - dont remember the exact words - but 0 or no pppl killed. 0 buildings destroyed.
Ok. I tweaked the event last night, but I'll check the formulae. It's odd that both those values were zero...
I made both Asteroid Impact and Comet Strike less frequent.

I also fixed a few things with Wormholes, namely their type being revealed.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

@Iscaran:
Found and fixed the Comet Strike (and Asteroid Impact) issue. BTW, you must have gotten the "the planet was not inhabited" SitRep, not the other one (with zero values).
Found another "issue" while testing this - the way the events are implemented, when one event happens, it happens for *all* major civs simultaneously... :roll: well, at least it is fair :lol:

@Sodbuster:
I think I found (and fixed) the issue.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

My problem wasn't orbital batteries, after I assimilated the vadwar, and talaxian systems i can't click them at all without an error
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Correction, the crash is related to OBs, but not to building them - it's actually when the Colony screen tries to draw them.
Do you have a savegame that reproduces this, and if so can you post it please?
I'll post a fix shortly, so that you can continue with your game.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch.
- fixed and improved Asteroid Impact and Comet Strike events [Iscaran]
- fixed potential OB issue on assimilation [Sodbuster]
- reactivated code for AI upgrading PFs
- fixed a few things with Wormholes

If this patch helps with the IndexedCollection crashes, I'll probably release a new build, as the current one (20200214) has the AI a bit handicapped (point #3 above).

Also (@Iscaran, et al), in this patch I lowered the refresh rate again so that you can better check if it does have a significant impact on CPU usage (20200214 = old vs 17feb = new).

Please give me feedback on these issues whenever you can, thx.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

I've got it uploaded to the bitbucket site, but I can't find the the link I give to you for you to link to it
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you attach it here?
Or create a new issue in the Issue tracker on BitBucket, and attach it there.

Return to “Supremacy”