Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:23 pm Yeah I noticed that, I recopied the 17th back over was about to try it.
Well, you can now try the new patch I just uploaded, which fixes the crash I introduced, and AFAICT also fixes the OB crash in your savegame.
Okay cool just something that I hadn't noticed because I hadn't done enough turns, when I play as one of the other factions It would make taking over planets harder because it increases there garrison size also...anyway
Yes, but notice that having more planets terraformed does not have any benefit while the system's pop is well below the max - on the contrary, it usually decreases the colony's growth rate. IIRC the AI will re-start terraforming the system when it gets to 80 or 90% of the currently supported pop.
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Sweet, I'll give it a go now. Thanks again for all your work, my time off for the winter has been well spent on this game
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:43 am
What you're saying is that even though you disabled all VCs but Supremacy, you still got the Domination VC message? Just trying to understand what the issue is
Yes, exactly that case.

I have to start a new game for Feb17, but first I would like to check how many ships I need for average Borg armada :)
Ah, the VC check code is on standby because I haven't found a way to get which VCs are enabled into the game context... so for now, in order to disable VCs, you have to edit their values to something absurd in \Tables\GameOptionTables.txt.

:grin: If you feel like some tweaks are in order, LMK.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sodbuster2020 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:49 pm Sweet, I'll give it a go now. Thanks again for all your work, my time off for the winter has been well spent on this game
:up:
Thank you guys for providing all this valuable feedback, which is making the game absolutely better! Means a lot, really.
The savegames are also a treasure trove, I always find something to improve. They tend to trigger my OCD-ish compulsion for perfection. :oops:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 pm Ah, the VC check code is on standby because I haven't found a way to get which VCs are enabled into the game context... so for now, in order to disable VCs, you have to edit their values to something absurd in \Tables\GameOptionTables.txt.
BTW, right now you can edit those values mid-game. So if you want to disable Domination, just edit the value to 100, and keep playing.
When the VC code is working, I'll disable this.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Ah, the VC check code is on standby because I haven't found a way to get which VCs are enabled into the game context...
So maybe add the VC to the Empire Selection screen to make it more flexible?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That is my backup plan :wink: From there, it's easy to access.
What I have in mind is listing the VCs on the lower left area (below the civs), with a radio button type (multi) selection. In the MP screen, not really sure.
Any other ideas?
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Fresh Install and I get this trying to Generate a new game.

Code: Select all

DEBUG: Creating Unity container. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2020-02-20 20:48:25Z.
DEBUG: Configuring container. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2020-02-20 20:48:25Z.
DEBUG: Configuring region adapters. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2020-02-20 20:48:25Z.
DEBUG: Creating shell. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2020-02-20 20:48:25Z.
DEBUG: Initializing modules. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2020-02-20 20:48:26Z.
DEBUG: Bootstrapper sequence completed. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2020-02-20 20:48:27Z.
EXCEPTION: An error occurred while creating a new game context.

at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Create(GameOptions options, Boolean isMultiplayerGame) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 735
   at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.DoStartGame() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 251

----------------------------------------

Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 13242, position 9.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at Supremacy.Tech.TechDatabase.Load() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Tech\TechDatabase.cs:line 186
   at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Initialize() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 768
   at Supremacy.Game.GameContext..ctor(GameOptions options, Boolean isMultiplayerGame) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:lin
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I know you said it's a fresh install, but did you mod TechObjectDatabase.xml ? The Free Market, more precisely?
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Weird, I HAD modified other items, but a stupid misplaced...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

So yesterday I managed to get some free time and closed a few old pending issues.
- the reduction of the unavailability period in diplomatic exchanges is now dependent on the envoy's stats
- no Regard penalties from bombardment to civs that are at war with the defender, and to civs that have worse relations with the defender than with the attacker (might help with Sodbuster's recurring DoW issue in the Klingon game ?)
- fixed surveying multiple sectors in Ions Storms
- contamination attacks by Medical ships are now modified by both the attacker's and dfender's BioTech tech levels
- UI improvements when a shipyard is being upgraded
- added a tooltip to the insignia in the galaxy screen, with the Options settings for the current game
- started working on moving the VCs to the SP start screen (still a WiP)
Attachments
SP VCs.png
SP VCs.png (134.86 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
OptionsTooltip.png
OptionsTooltip.png (49.9 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I thought about one more VC: diplomatic or military conquest of the whole (100%) galaxy, just as Highlander's "There can be only one" :), probably with more aggressive diplomacy in such case - a thought for a consideration/discussion,but definitely it may wait for more advanced AI.
I assume it is now the VC for Borg - a surrender to Borg looks somehow ridiculous :???:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Elimination VC is the default VC - eliminating all other civs. :wink:
It's not in the list of VCs because you cannot disable it, it's always active; doesn't make sense to deactivate it, really.
The diplomatic VC you mention is the Alliance VC, if you set the threshold to 100% (instead of 75%).
And yes, it's the only VC for the Borg. Total assimilation! :twisted:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

So I suppose for my needs to play Elimination the Supremacy settings and not to star red matter research would be perfect.

BTW - are you preparing another patch covering your last work? I would start a new game in coming days. My Borg game is corrupted, I cannot complete current turn. I suppose it was Feb08 so not worth to continue.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

If you just want to play Elimination, disable *all* VCs, including Supremacy - because the AI *will* go for it. :wink:

I still have the 2feb patch if you want, I can reupload it. But, I just uploaded a new patch :cool:
VCs in the SP start screen have the same effect as in the Settings panel for now, the game is not using them yet.
AI Mode is also not working yet.

Return to “Supremacy”