Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

After 40 turns with Mar07 installed and a couple of turns Mar09 installed I got this error, just after clicking turn end:
Error 20200310.txt
(14.88 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
My garrison troops didn't grow after adding Mar09 - a correction - troops started growing once I have opened the game after the crash.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's similar to the crash that you reported some time ago, with your 20200224 log. The planet mesh one.
That's odd, haven't seen anyone else report this. I just played about 100 turns in a game and the game ran flawlessly.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have played almost 50 turns withiut any problem before that one.
OK. So another one:
Error.txt
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
That one I probably experienced first time or.... after a long break
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You're getting a few gfx-related crashes. Could this be something on your end? Since no one else is reporting anything similar.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch uploaded.

The Economy overview mode will not display some information for colonies you don't own (build order, TRs, pop) - that information will only be available when you have a spy on the colony. Spies are yet to be implemented.

Fixed a bug with the AI trying to build science stations when they're not available yet.

The AI should now build stations to increase range. It is only a first pass, needs to be improved, but it should help some when the AI gets "stuck".
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch uploaded.
Fixed the issue with random events not triggering.
Made terrorism events only trigger if current pop > the colony's intel production, and a colony now only requires current pop / 2 in intel to be safe from those events.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Next episode:
Attachments
sitrep.png
sitrep.png (157.54 KiB) Viewed 5670 times
echo.png
echo.png (244.47 KiB) Viewed 5670 times
Sodbuster2020
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sodbuster2020 »

Dispatcher processing has been suspended, but messages are still being processed.

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:47 am Made terrorism events only trigger if current pop > the colony's intel production, and a colony now only requires current pop / 2 in intel to be safe from those events.
I assume it would be really harsh competition in the early colony development: food, security, production and science. The starting intel has only 25 points! I propose a modification, for example: pop / 2 - 60 (or 70 or at least 50)
It would also automatically delay some events.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

All colonies have a "grace period" of 30 turns from their founding where everyone is on wait and see mode. Malcontents only start doing their thing after that period :wink:

To "fix" the current situation where events don't trigger, you can edit the Data\ScriptedEvents.xaml file and remove/comment the NoOccurrencePeriod line for all events (until we fix it properly).
I'll attach the file here too.

Josh has a couple more nice fixes for the next release. As soon as he pushes them, I'll probably make a new release since the IndexedCollection crashes seem to have been fixed. :up:
Attachments
ScriptedEvents.zip
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
What are now the game rules for surveyor ships?
It looks that I need only one ship of each class.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Once you survey a certain stellar phenomena, you will only be able to survey it again (and collect more RPs) with a survey ship with a higher ScienceAbility value. You can survey others of the same type for more RPs.
Surveyors can still be used as (not so efficient) Scouts.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I was trying Mar14 today and got the following error:
Error 20200317.txt
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
I assume that it is the OB related, but I destroyed two batteries in the same assault, just before landing the troops :???:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I couldn't pass through that error. I had to split the invasion into two steps: first turn to destroy the batteries and next one to land the troops
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Do you have a savegame?

Return to “Supremacy”