Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

SP Klingons Huge Irregular 251.zip
(644.68 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
I tried that save again before uploading and I had one success and one error. The error was after a reinforcement of the troops by 4 newly arrived to the Romulan Adhara system. Without the reinforcement I lost the battle without the error.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Found and fixed the crash. The problem was actually a "fix" for OBs... I still need to test this a bit more, and see how it impacts assimilation.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'm prepping a new patch with the fixes mentioned previously, plus a couple more fixes, and improvements to AI colony management:
- AI should now upgrade its shipyards
- AI should now handle PF upgrades better
- AI should now not upgrade its scanners (for now, until it is smarter)
- AI should now also build Intel Buildings
- AI should now activate Intel PFs according to the new rules
Also slightly tweaked terrorism attacks.

Also started overhauling the techobject database wrt research buildings - toning them down, repurposing some of them, etc. Still a lot to do.
GalGen seems a bit better, might still tweak it some more.
Bumped TL5 costs for more consistency.

Random events are working again.

Patch should be available in a few minutes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch available.
- Fixed the "research last turn" display issue.
- Fixed the issue when building Troop Transports and not enough Garrison in the colony to load - now the TT will remain in the build queue until enough Garrison is available again
- Fixed a bug with the Build Station order being available when it shouldn't be.
- Fixed a bug where if you scrap a station while it is upgrading, the upgrade would still be built.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re-uploaded the patch with a few more fixes for the Borg (only 2 people had downloaded it yet).
- no food reserves in their colonies
- unemployment has no effect on them
- no growth if net food in the colony is zero
- fixes to Garrison
- max pop in assimilated colonies depends on the native species' preference, not the Borg's

It'd be cool to use Industry to build drones?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I tried Mar28 for a couple of turns and again get stuck:
Error 20200330.txt
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
It happens in the end of a system assault, but even if I chose to stand down.
Please help
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you post a savegame please?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The silly AI kept sending its Surveyors to survey Neutron Stars without realizing they all died... fixed that.
While at it, added some XP to Surveyors when they successfully survey stellar phenomena.
And made Neutron Stars only deal half base damage to Surveyors, so that the lower level ones can actually stand a chance to survey them.

Some more improvements to colony management AI.

Josh has fixed the diplomacy screen buttons issue, and tweaked the music track switching between screens, so with the IndexedColletion crashes already fixed, it's time for a new release!
Probably tomorrow, if no serious issues are reported until then.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Here is the save
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 273.zip
(661.73 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I met also a kind of change.
I found one my system with the biggest planet missing, only 20 people left, but I had not got any message about the asteroid hit
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 am It happens in the end of a system assault, but even if I chose to stand down.
Please help
It's not actually related to the assault, it's when processing the turn and checking for energy in one of the systems that you have just subjugated. The problem is that that system rebelled right after being conquered... in fact, both systems did. So they were not yours at the start of the turn, then they were, then they were not again. Still not sure why it happened though, during maintenance they were yours...

I already prevented systems from rebelling right after conquest, but your save is from the turn the subjugation occurred... not sure I can fix it. I can try and post a patch just for you, but I'm going to upload a new release probably still today. Do you want to finish that game, or start a new one with the new release?

I met also a kind of change.
I found one my system with the biggest planet missing, only 20 people left, but I had not got any message about the asteroid hit
Is it in the same savegame? (I guess so, since you couldn't continue that game, just checking)
I'll look into it.
In order to have been an asteroid, the system must have an asteroid belt, and the planet is turned into Barren. Might have been a comet, in that case the planet turns into an asteroid belt.
Strange though, not getting a SitRep about it...
It wasn't one of those 2 you subjugated, was it?
I'll try to check the save.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, here's your savegame 1 turn after the crash. You'll be able to continue that game. :wink:

Identified the system you mentioned, Gamma Pegasi. Might have been a Comet Strike, as the planet was turned into an asteroid belt.
The hit to Morale in the colony is kind of puzzling me, seems to have been way too high...
Attachments
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 274.zip
(666.28 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Thanks very much for the save.
Could you also check if Borg exists in my game. I had the parameter on, but I have not found them (so far).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, they are in the game. You can use the F12 cheat to find out exactly where, and how many colonies the other empires have. :wink:
If you do not want to spoil your game and still want to know their exact location, I can tell you.

---

A new build is available.
Have fun in these troubled times, and provide feedback please!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Forgot to add, your current games should not be played with the new release.

Return to “Supremacy”