geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

I continued my Mar28 game and got an error:
Error 20200404.txt
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
There is a newer built, but as I saw a morale error for the first time, maybe it is worth reporting
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you continue that game?

Thanks for the report. There was some redundant code there, from trying to fix this crash, which I had completely forgotten about. Cleaned it up.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

No, I cannot continue, so it is the moment to switch to the next built :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you post the savegame so that I can check if I got that fixed?

---

Latest changes:

- Klingons will now only terraform the homesystems of Warlike minor races, and Cardassians those of Deceptive minor races; that's so that they can get them as members, and consequently build their special Buildings (which will not be available if they're subjugated) - supposedly their bonuses should be related to the minor's trait

- the Intercept order will only be available on owned or affiliated sectors; I'll probably disable it in anomalies (though residual, it's another effect they have on gameplay)

- fixed and improved a few things in the Raid order (Regard, hinder SitRep added, % calculation, etc)

- member Mercantile minor race homesystems can only establish trade routes without an Open Borders pact to an independent minor race homesystem (empires require an OB)

- signing a NAP reveals each civ's territory to the other; information about systems not yet explored is not disclosed though
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Hi Iceman,

first kudos for the great progress you are making all the time.

In BotF is a bug/bias displaying always updated and detailed system information once a star system was visited (current pop, inhabitant race even if colony owner unknown, ferengi can even use trade routes in this case, and you can see planets getting terraformed when no own ships in sector and/or no scan power).

Realistic solution would be gray out outdated info (and maybe note 'last updated X turns ago') and update different info levels via ship in sector, scan power check, diplomacy.....

I don't know whether you already solved this in Supremacy, but thought I mention it, just in case.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey SCT,
Thanks! I'm trying to keep things as close to BotF as possible considering the fundamental differences between the 2 games. I have to thank you guys too, because as I read some of the posts in the forums I get reminded of stuff that is still missing/pending. I tend to try to address those asap so as to not let them slip into oblivion.
The information found in the forums, although sometimes confusing and/or cryptic, is really helpful!
I try to put some issues up for discussion here, but when I get no feedback I just go with what I find is best to keep with the original but be balanced/in conformity with Supremacy's particular ruleset.

Re system info, yeah, that's something I have in my ToDo list, for a long time. It's in the issue tracker:
https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremac ... ystem-info

It will require additional field(s) for sectors though. Not sure how that will impact the game.
But yep, it's a mandatory fix.

So, when will you give Supremacy a spin? :razz: Though the AI will not (yet) make you break a sweat, the game is fun. And is rather stable now.

Now, back to my ongoing game to find more silly stuff to fix. :oops:
Thanks!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Ups.., sorry, I removed the whole folder and unpacked the last version to a new one. I tried to recover saves but no success.
BTW - in my new game, Klingons cannot build Health Centre on Qo'nos, even if I order to buy it. Simply it goes back to the Build List after the turn. It does not affect other systems.
Last edited by geordie on Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackace
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blackace »

I'm playing Klingons and it built my HC V331. But I had minor home system attacked by the borg with no message and still controlled by me but now the population thinks it's borg has growth rate but will not grow.
Resistance is futile. Your progress and programming will be assimilated.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I can build the HC in Qo'noS too.

When a colony is assimilated by the Borg, the population is effectively converted to Borg, and the Borg have no natural growth. You have to build the Maturation Chambers.

You mean that when the Borg attacked (you mean Assault or Assimilate ?) a minor race that was part of your empire (was it Subjugated or Member ?) you did not get a SitRep about it?
A detailed description is important to identify the issue.
blackace
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blackace »

It was a member. Unsure if it's was listed as an attack in the end of turn phase but there was no solo pop-up for the attack. The race was mizarians. After the attack it left the planet with 20 pop and ever grew it's just wasting away now. Can't posted a save to large.

Also there is an issue with minor shipyard's while being a member. both types are showing up as being able to build. There's and yours
Resistance is futile. Your progress and programming will be assimilated.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

blackace wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:40 am It was a member. Unsure if it's was listed as an attack in the end of turn phase but there was no solo pop-up for the attack. The race was mizarians. After the attack it left the planet with 20 pop and ever grew it's just wasting away now. Can't posted a save to large.
Zip the save and attach it here.
I'm still unsure of what happened. You said in your previous post that you still controlled the Mizarians. So did the Borg just bombard them, destroyed all their farms and they're starving?
There might be an issue with you not getting the SitRep, which I can check.

Also there is an issue with minor shipyard's while being a member. both types are showing up as being able to build. There's and yours
Yes, that's something I need to address at some point.
I'm inclined to not let empire specific upgradeable structures (whether it's PFs, shipyards or OBs) get built in minor race systems - be them Members or Subjugated.
It's kind of immersion breaking to have your minors upgrade their farms to Hunting Grounds for example... and in case of rebellions or subjugation by another empire, it's weird.

So, minor race systems would always / could only have the generic PFs, SYs and OBs.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

After starting the game today I also was able to eventually get the Health Centre, so it was something accidental.
Other minor problem with minor race from my previous game - Angosians couldn't build their troop transports, of course even after constructed their Supersoldier Academy.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

After the attack it left the planet with 20 pop and ever grew it's just wasting away now.
The problem is that the growth is below 0.5 pop (because pop level is so low), so there's no effective growth... this was a change I made recently, growth was always at least 1 pop.
If you build the Health Center though, pop will start growing, as its bonus adds to growth.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm Other minor problem with minor race from my previous game - Angosians couldn't build their troop transports, of course even after constructed their Supersoldier Academy.
I assume they are members, not a subjugated race?
Did you check if the colony has enough Garrison to build the Transport(s)?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Yes, they were members and all conditions were fulfilled. You can check in the save I reported one page back.

Return to “Supremacy”