Mirror Universe mod development

Mirror Universe mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: New Mirror Universe mod

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

Unfettered Development Commission
Private Think Tank

(Ferengi structures can be fun. You don't need one, but an Intelligence building called The Open Source Consortium (if it's not pinned down, it's open source!) amuses me.

(Also, it's clear that TNG and DS9 are Federation propaganda that downplay the might of the Ferengi Alliance, portraying them as buffoons out of fear that their people might discover what a free people can achieve when they break the fetters of government imposed economic tyranny.)

Anyway,

Ken
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

slow progress but I am making progress. (when I am not creating tutorials....)

The more I add the more I realize I still have to do. :shock:

I only have 2 structures left for Ferengi that I need to name and description and images
50% Construction Research (Empire Wide) native system, one per empire
2% Research (Empire Wide) native system, one per system

after that I can start this list, It is more for my info but others might be interested

add all new structures to AI build requirements
setup structures for starting technology t1 - t5 (how many main structures and add other structures for home system will start with)
add/decide on what standard patches to add (special and exclusive code change already added)
create all resolution trek.exe (currently I only have 800 x 600)
I am sure this list will grow when I start testing...

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

50% Construction Research (Empire Wide) :arrow: Latinum synthesis project (should keep the researchers motivated :wink: )

2% Research (Empire Wide) native system, one per system :arrow: Great Material Continuum Shrine :?:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

2% Research (Empire Wide)
- Reverse Engineering Lab (Hmm, let's see how we can... make a more profitable version of this)
- Tech Symposium/Summit (We might learn a lot by holding permanent exhibits and conferences)
- Patents Office (Come register your patents with us, we offer the best protection... for a price)
- IP Validation/Litigation/Registry Bureau (If we can't buy it... we "acquire" by whatever means necessary)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

thank you everyone for all the suggestion I am finally done with structures (creating them at least)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I got a few things done this weekend

Done; add all new structures to AI build requirements
Done; setup structures for starting technology t1 - t5 (how many main structures and add other structures for home system will start with)

I had to make some adjustments to food, it was requiring too many food structures at T1 start. after adjustments I got it to an average of 12 structures. This will decreases quickly while energy requirement increase as new structure become available :razz:

even with the energy screen project at T5 start energy screen is 3/4 full (28 available) :shock:

as for main structures I am keeping all race the same, 20 food, 40 industry, 10 energy, 10 intel and 10 research though out all starts. This give some leeway for lose to sabotage without have to build quickly. here is population of home and limits

free system lower limit 250
free system upper limit 375
minor system lower limit 300
minor system upper limit 400
Additional Major system lower limit 350
Additional Major system upper limit 450
cards home system 480
feds home system 485
ferengi home system 475
klingons home system 465
romulans home system 470

working on adding patches, I am trying to be some what selective but so many are needed or required or I just want :wink:

I am starting to look forward to my first test game, but what race should I play and what settings....

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:56 pmeven with the energy screen project at T5 start energy screen is 3/4 full (28 available) :shock:
Looks like you must increase energy meltdown probability for systems with too many powered structures or too high overall energy consumption due to reactor overload.... Doesn't it? :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I started my first test game as Terran Empire T1 impossible many minors 15% density large map random and borg off.

i am only 29 turns in, with research at max (GAP points 122) and already advanced to tech 3 across the board.

turn 5
I meet the Acamarians they had a Acamarian Raider vs my Science Vessel. After 32 turns of combat my shields were down to 40 and their shields had fully recharged. :shock: So I hailed them and they hailed back. :grin:

turn 7
I offered the Acamarians a friendship proposal and they accepted. and started trade route

turn 11
I meet Ktarians, they had 4 Ktarian Scout vs my Science Vessel so I auto hailed and Science Vessel retreated. This lowered their attitude towards me and my morale but after a couple small gifts they accepted my friendship proposal and started trade route.

This maybe an interesting mod for low tech game play......

personally I normally go with T5 start for quick action. :wink:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Well after all the changes I had to start over on Terran Empire T1 impossible many minors 15% density large map 1366 x 768 48 x 24 random and borg off.

I am at turn 162, and close to tech 8 across the board.

I have meet the Cardassians and they have already declared war on me. I have the Nausicaans and the Trill as members and have subjugated the Pakled. As Terrans I knew I would need intel so I dedicated most my new systems to intel and so far I have been able to hold off the Cardassians intel.

When I meet Pakled with 9 Science Vessels I lost 8 of them to there 6 Pakled Transport. Ship building is still tough a Command Cruiser right now at my best system takes 14 turns.

so I have a small mix fleet of Trill and Nausicaan with just a hand full of light cruisers that are facing down 6 fleets of Cardassian ships. :shock:

I took a peak under the fog and other races have me out numbered 3 to 1. I am in deep trouble in this game.

But if I can hold off the Cardassians for a while and catch them is small groups I might stand a chance since other races are at war with each other.

Klingons and Romulans are at Peace and both at war with Ferengi.

Turn processing is already 22 sec
klingons 158 ships 11 systems
Ferengi 179 ships 24 systems
Romulans 146 ships 22 systems
Cardassians 66 ships 10 systems
Terrans (me) 59 ships 13 systems (26 TT's and 6 colony)

I had to make a few corrections prior and during game play
prior added correct combat menu for return fire
prior fixed colony newest structure upgrades
prior increased required tech points by 1.5
fixed text for starbases
switched reversed bonus on fed structures
added iss for fed ship names

notes;
credits are high but few current ships
ground combat is low
slow starbase building 1 tt takes 24 turns
map range expanding quickly?
tech 16 (type 3) before tt and colony will have speed of 2?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Well....

I ran into a major issue with main structure upgrades that I did not expect.

On your home system and colonies there is no issues upgrading for type 1 - 5

But on member minors, subjugated minors and subjugated major systems;

if you member or subjugate system with type 1 it will upgrade to type 2 properly replacing type to your type of structures and will upgrade properly though type 5

if you member or subjugate when system has type 2 or 3 you get no upgrade option, unless the type matches your structure type (Type 2 Assembly Yard -> Type 3 Assembly Yard)

once type 5 structure is available, member or subjugated systems will get upgrade to correct type 5 (skipping lower upgrades) :shock:

I am so confused as to why this is happening. I have been testing and editing for 24 hours and made no progress.

my next attempt to fix this issue will be to resize upgrade list to see if this fixes issue. This is a major change and not sure if this is even possible.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:41 pmTurn processing is already 22 sec
klingons 158 ships 11 systems
Ferengi 179 ships 24 systems
Romulans 146 ships 22 systems
Cardassians 66 ships 10 systems
Does AI use all its colony ships for colonisations? (and TTs for outpost?) Or sit they in home system and do nothing?

slow starbase building 1 tt takes 24 turns
You can speed it up by increasing:

ds:57AC44 // 0x17A844 (8 byte float) -> 0.25 = default percent done when building a Starbase

And sorry to hear about your foreign buildings upgrade issue. Tbh I never understood most parts of this code when looking at it.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:49 pm if you member or subjugate when system has type 2 or 3 you get no upgrade option, unless the type matches your structure type (Type 2 Assembly Yard -> Type 3 Assembly Yard)
Weird, and for a moment I felt like I encountered such an issue with vanilla botf before. But I think I can remember now, it was that I wanted to upgrade from ferengi machine factories to my own race ones but failed given I missed when the auto-build upgraded the factories.
Nonetheless your issue might be related in that you might be forced to keep the race specific building type and have to wait for the corresponding race to advance in technology.
At least for the auto-build in vanilla botf it works to wait and see it upgrade without changing to your own race's type. A nice little 'feature' when your own type is weak. :smile:

It could also be that I encountered such an issue when I played around with the upgrade path in UE. Might be there are some hidden values disregarded by UE when you do certain changes. Afterall the game needs to know you can upgrade from factories 2 to construction plants 3 of a different race as well. Ofc it might be based on the tech level alone but if I recall correctly it was saved with the structure type :roll:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

I'm not certain the auto-upgrade feature is causing this problem. However you might remove the untested fix for that if it's already added: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3471#p46492

Gowron reported once a similar reduced-upgrades messup. IIRC his problem was a wrong edited racetech.tec file.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Spocks-cuddly-tribble and Flocke,
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:31 am I'm not certain the auto-upgrade feature is causing this problem. However you might remove the untested fix for that if it's already added: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3471#p46492

Gowron reported once a similar reduced-upgrades messup. IIRC his problem was a wrong edited racetech.tec file.

removing that patch did not help. I have tried just about everything, I have even striped down all patches out of mod and issue is still present.

funny thing is if I edit upgrade list I can get minors to upgrade, but then I lose home and native systems :shock:
Flocke wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:27 am It could also be that I encountered such an issue when I played around with the upgrade path in UE. Might be there are some hidden values disregarded by UE when you do certain changes. Afterall the game needs to know you can upgrade from factories 2 to construction plants 3 of a different race as well. Ofc it might be based on the tech level alone but if I recall correctly it was saved with the structure type :roll:
yesterday I created a complete list of changes that UE makes when a structures are moved/extended and it will edit 645 different offset locations.

and yes I would not doubt if some are incorrect or missing. example "race 1 first food" has 4 offsets while all others have 3 offsets.

also some are missing, orbilal batteries upgrade list is not edited, training structure offsets not edited and I am sure there are more, but my mind is melting right now.

and yes I have every offset labeled on a text doc.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 amorbilal batteries upgrade list is not edited, training structure offsets not edited and I am sure there are more
That might be due to upgrading those buildings doesn't make any sense. Trek.exe codes for building effects can't handle this anyway. Those building IDs should not be changed at all.

As said before, even QD and DCER failed with just altering scanner upgrades. And solving AI sanner upgrade bug (upgrade gets added and old scanner stays).

The only native BotF bug wrt main building upgrade issues are the primitive farms. But my method of fixing this problem won't help you here.

Looking at Gowon's building files setup in BoP could give a clue to solving this (i.e. relative or absolute positions of building IDs in edifice.bst or something like this).

Return to “Mirror Universe mod”