Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by toffeeblue »

Downloaded. Going to take a look over this weekend (thumb)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey toffeeblue, hadn't seen you around for a looong time!
:up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Latest updates:

- new fleet order Repair: ships can repair damage (faster) at a shipyard with free docks, costing duranium; I'm not sure the build times are working correctly though (may be always taking just one turn).

- new fleet order Attack Shipyard: fleets can attack the shipyard of a colony they're at war with, which will be destroyed if the firepower is high enough; otherwise, it might destroy a ship under construction.

- implemented crew damage, and its effects in battle.

- improvements and fixes to battles.

And there will be more good news soon! Stay tuned.
sepperson
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by sepperson »

Haven't been around for a while and thought I'd take a look. Where can I download Supremacy? The old link I have no longer works. (https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/downloads/)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey sepperson, welcome back.
The new download link is in the first post of this thread, it's now:
https://bitbucket.org/DiogoGomes/supremacy/downloads/

---

About the new patch, we really need some feedback on some stuff so that we can start thinking about a new build. Particularly:
- the new fleet orders mentioned above (Repair and Attack Shipyard)
- the Collection Modified combat crash, if it is still happenning, as we're trying a fix for it
- any other issues, ofc

Code: Select all

em System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   em System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   em System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   em System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   em Supremacy.Combat.CombatEngine.get_IsCombatOver() em C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Combat\CombatEngine.cs:line 93
   em Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.SendCombatUpdateCallback(CombatEngine engine, CombatUpdate update) em C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 1105
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:43 pm - new fleet order Repair: ships can repair damage (faster) at a shipyard with free docks, costing duranium; I'm not sure the build times are working correctly though (may be always taking just one turn).
Fixed the bug.
Added %Complete to the order display, and ship is decloaked and shields are depleted during the process.

Increased crew damage too.
Question: Should crew be allowed to go to zero even if the hull is not fully destroyed :?: And if so, should the ship be destroyed, or simply stranded and unable to do anything :?: (can be towed back to a shipyard and be replenished)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

- increased build cost for Research PFs
- increased non occurrence period for terrorism attacks to 50 turns
- reduced shield regen for Borg ships
- Borg crews are replenished anywhere, other civs' only in owned shipyards or starbases, all at a given rate
- crew damage affects accuracy, damage control and weapon damage
- added SitRep when a ship is fully repaired
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Great work mate!
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Blake, glad to see you're still keeping up with Supremacy! :up:
CaptScarff is working on improving the AI, with a more trait based behavior, and a few more things.
Spread the word, brother :mrgreen:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
A few fixes, among them a bug in the colony management AI.
A few improvements.
Activated the Climate Shift random event (had completely forgotten about it...). Still a WiP, for now it will only turn a planet into an Arctic planet.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
More colony management AI improvements.
Other AI and general improvements.
Improved the Climate Shift random event, planets are now converted to another type (not always to Arctic), though it's still a fixed "table".

If no issues are detected in this patch, we should release a new build - feedback is appreciated.

After this release, the focus will be on moving to CaptScarff's work on the AI - it will behave much more like a human player, considering the state of the galaxy and managing its assets with empire-wide awareness. Still a long way to go, but it's moving along.

:up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Some more colony management AI improvements.
- better build purchase check
- better terrorism prevention assignments
- better handling of smaller systems
- now builds academies and defense buildings
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi, I was playing 9Nov game and found a minor problem with batteries. After having a battery destoryed by minor race fleet I got following option for battery construction:
Screenshot (3).jpg
Screenshot (3).jpg (445.54 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
After buiding another one the problem disappears andlisted batteries or battery upgrade look OK.
I tried also threatenning options in diplomacy, worked OK, anyway minnor races did not follow my suggestions even once.
I found also the Borg fleet (5 spheres) after some initial attacks preferred only outpost destruction, without assaulting my colony
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi geordie, glad to see you're still around. Hope you are well.

About the OB issue, was it the only one in the system? That is, there were no more OBs after the attack? The system panel indicates so, just checking.
Do you have a savegame, preferably before the attack?
That colony is a Native colony, populated by Cardassians, right? And the OBs you could build were your own and the generic/minor race ones?

Threats, can't recall the specifics right now, but it should depend on what type of minor you're dealing with. A Peaceful/Pacifist should be much easier to persuade than a Warlike minor. And also depends on what you're asking of them, ofc.
There's 3 types of threat BTW, WarDec, Embargo, and Raid System (I think ?).

The Borg issue, yes, they prioritize attacking stations right now.
Did you have so many stations that they never got to attack your colonies? Or they never attacked your colonies even when there were no stations in range to attack?

One other issue I noticed, the star in your system panel is missing... is it always like that for you?
And the selected build item's image and statistics too...

Thanks for your feedback! Take care!
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Iceman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:28 am Hey Blake, glad to see you're still keeping up with Supremacy! :up:
CaptScarff is working on improving the AI, with a more trait based behavior, and a few more things.
Spread the word, brother :mrgreen:
Yeah I really gotta get back into it and make some new vids for you guys. Will aim for next year haha.. very burried in oldschool Civilization modding atm!

But yes I'm still keeping an eye on your progress as always. ;)
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Return to “Supremacy”