Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:32 pm - the Zakdorn have pounded one of your colonies to the stone age (still need to fix a tiny issue)

Noticed another issue in the turn 231 save. The Zakdorn (which you managed to get to Friendly after the pounding), declare war on you right when your envoy is arriving at their homesystem... :???:
Fixed these.
And decreased the dormancy period for the Borg a bit.
Working on some improvements.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I my game I have destroyed the whole Zakdorn fleet, so become friends was easier :)

The following save is just the final Unimatrix01 assault:
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 278.zip
(712.41 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
In the below save I completed Energy research and there was no word about that in SitReps and no pop-up window:
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 288.zip
(730.26 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Maybe this one would be more useful for some investigation:
SP Cardassians Huge Irregular 287.zip
(730.48 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the saves, I have checked and the Borg Eliminated/AtWar issue is fixed.
Destroying Unimatrix01 should get you a huge morale boost, and eliminating the Borg should destroy all their remaining assets.
Confirmed, both.
But here's the catch. If you destroy Unimatrix, and they have other colonies, you get double morale boost - once for destroying Unimatrix and again for eliminating them... +50 (EliminateEmpire) for each... :shock:
So the question is, should it only be awarded once :?:
If so, when, when Unimatrix is destroyed, or when the Borg are eliminated :?:
If not, should it remain as is? Or halve the modifier? (+25 for Unimatrix, +25 for elimination; +50 if Unimatrix is the last colony) :?:

Those 2 colonies that they assimilated, they were yours, correct? They assimilated them with only those 5 Spheres?

I noticed a couple more smallish issues, will try to fix. We need to have different texts for the Borg (All life erradicated..., and such), it's in my ToDo list, but... any takers?

I've also confirmed that you didn't get the research SitRep (neither summary nor details), @TL8. Don't know why... :???:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I would opt for 25+25 morale boost.
The 2 colonies were mine and I haven't seen more than 5 spheres in the fleet. But where was the 6th one orbiting Mokra from? Probably constucted once the fleet was out.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yea.

2 questions:
- how is the research rate at those tech levels? Does it need tweaking?
- are Destroyers "too good"?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

For me the research rate was OK. I am at turn 356 and start research level 11. I cannot say if the update to 22Nov about 100 turn ago change anything.

Difficult to say if destroyers are too good. I chose them because of speed and range and it is quite easy to double the fleet (forgeting about resourses for a while ;)) if necessary.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:59 pm For me the research rate was OK. I am at turn 356 and start research level 11. I cannot say if the update to 22Nov about 100 turn ago change anything.
It only changed TLs 2 and 3.
If you could start a game on Normal (the first few TLs should be similar to the current Slow) and give feedback on it, it'd be a huge help. We really need to get that part done.

Difficult to say if destroyers are too good. I chose them because of speed and range and it is quite easy to double the fleet (forgeting about resourses for a while ;)) if necessary.
Yes, their speed and range are a huge strategic advantage. I made them cost more dilithium than cruisers to compensate but I'm afraid it might not be enough. You should have less resources available when the AI plays a little better, so they (the resources) should become more important - thus making your build choices more relevant.
Tactically, destroyers tend to fire first due to their higher maneuverability, thus compouding with the above. But at some point I want to have heavier ships fire their torpedoes first (especially Strike Cruisers), and only after all torps have been fired will beams have their go (lighter ships first?).

Haven't managed to fix the combat hang yet.
I think I've (finally) fixed this.

I haven't seen more than 5 spheres in the fleet.
That's really curious, they should always build a Diamond first I think (if they don't have one already, and if their Probes are maxed out and no need for Assemblers), and only then build other ship types. And I've seen this happen, and checked recently. Not sure what happened in your game.
Anyway, I tweaked a couple of things in their ships to beef them up a bit. But there's still a lot of work to be done with them.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK. I will use normal research rate in my next game. Are you going to issue new patch soon?

A random dissipation of resouces is also important. I remember a game when my Romulans had dilithium almost in every adjacent system. This time there was almost no dilithium in Cardassia close neighborhood.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Done. :wink:

Some of the combat window SoundFX might not be working correctly yet. Feedback is welcome.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Fixed an issue with the combat window SoundFX.
Added some more.
Tweaked agent spawn delay to depend on galaxy size (Large or Huge) instead of research rate (Slow); 1st agent should also take a little longer to get spawned.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
I need feedback on a couple of things, for the next release:

- implemented a research modifier for Large and Huge galaxies (currently set to .85 and .75 respectively, but these compound with the Slow/Fast modifiers); need to know if these help / are ok. They are configurable in the Tables\GameOptionTables.txt file

- the agent spawn rate mentioned in the previous post

- added soundfx for the combat window buttons, but need to know if the game is better or worse with them; are they annoying, too much, overlapping,...
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I started 4Dec game, but I was getting still an error:
Error 20201209.txt
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
and cannot progress.
I didn't expected another patch so soon, but I applied it today hoping to pass that error and 5Dec isn't compatible to my 4Dec game. It cannot even start after loading a save.

The normal research rate in 4Dec looked OK, I started level 7 about turn 220. Now it would accelerate as I have just got Volcan Sience Academy. As you wrote, it was quite similar to pervious slow one.
There were too many agents just in the first phase on the game, when I couldn't use them. After that it stabilized on 4 agents.
Sound: some voices (I suppose after shipyard destruction) are louder than others. No other remarks so far.
There are messages about a destruction of all troop ships after (successful) system assaulting - maybe something like 'disembark' would sound better
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have started new 5Dec game i got a similar error, just in a moment of meeting first minor race:
Error 20201209_2.txt
(6.99 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
This time I also cannot continue the game, even load from autosave.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:36 pm I started 4Dec game, but I was getting still an error:
Error 20201209.txt
and cannot progress.
This is caused by double-clicking on a SitRep of a member or subjugated minor race in you empire gaining a tech level.
Are you sure it doesn't allow you to advance? It shouldn't, as long as you don't double-click on that SitRep.
Do you have a savegame?
Did anything happen to that minor? Unless its homesystem has been destroyed or something, I can't see what could be wrong in the code.

I didn't expected another patch so soon, but I applied it today hoping to pass that error and 5Dec isn't compatible to my 4Dec game.

Are you sure? I don't think there was any change that would break compatibility...

It cannot even start after loading a save.
I don't understand what you mean here. You can't start a game with 5dec?

The normal research rate in 4Dec looked OK, I started level 7 about turn 220. Now it would accelerate as I have just got Volcan Sience Academy. As you wrote, it was quite similar to pervious slow one.
Ok, thanks.

There were too many agents just in the first phase on the game, when I couldn't use them. After that it stabilized on 4 agents.
We really need to implement Officers and Operatives... was the spawn rate ok, *if* you could use them in fleets and against other empires?
What do you mean it stabilized in 4? Max should be 8, there are no modifiers to that.

Sound: some voices (I suppose after shipyard destruction) are louder than others. No other remarks so far.
The new voices (the combat window ones) were too loud, yes, I lowered them a few hours ago. Did you spot any others?

There are messages about a destruction of all troop ships after (successful) system assaulting - maybe something like 'disembark' would sound better
Yea, I need to get rid of that SitRep, it's in my ToDo list. I just haven't found a way to do it yet.

I have started new 5Dec game i got a similar error, just in a moment of meeting first minor race:
Error 20201209_2.txt
This time I also cannot continue the game, even load from autosave.
Hmm... You mean when you met the first minor race, you cannot advance in the game?
There's something odd about your logs - there's a couple of typos in the messages...
You've had strange issues in the past, IIRC? Can you try unzipping the game again?
Can you send me savegames please?

BTW, I fixed the issue with the Borg building only Spheres in your game for now. I need to address it properly though.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I cannot advance any of those two games.
I have only this autosave from the last one:
.autosav.zip
(508.38 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
After starting the game as usual and trying to load that autosave I see this screen and hear related message:
Screenshot (10).jpg
Screenshot (10).jpg (198.98 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
As you can see, no backgroud, nothing works and I can only kill the Supremacy task by task manager. I have tried that 3 times aready. All the turns before that one were OK.

I have many saves from the previous game, but let's solve that above one first. Anyway the last turn effect of that one was very similar - to use task manager.
I think I try to copy fresh 05Sep file again and add 05Dec patch.

I had only up to 6 agents in the beginning of last 2 games and after that (it usually means 100-150 turns) I have never had more that 4.

Return to “Supremacy”