Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:23 pm About security, there are other factors involved, like your current Computers tech level (bonus), and the colony's unemployed population (penalty).
Also notice that 50% only protects you against loss of money or structures; it doesn't protect you against a "silent" effect that happens in all cases - production for the turn is halted. It's a minor effect though.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Iceman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:38 am

Yea, the SoundFX volume control is not yet implemented. And unfortunately the6the hasn't been around for quite a while - we need more soundfx for the Borg and the Dominion.
I'll look into the volume levels of the Borg sfx.

Thanks for the feedback! :up:
Anything else you might remember, please post about it.
Sorry Bout that Iceman. I've not forgotten about this project, just trying to get things done right this time. I was supposed to get some time in a friend's recording studio b4 Covid.. but that's not ganna happen any time soon.

Lemme adjust the volume for the Borg sounds. Hopefully I'll have a pack for you by this time next week.

Awesome work guys, keep it up!

edit:
aaah the dominion.. I wasn't very happy with the sounds I made last time.. I'll give it another shot when I finally get some studio time
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ooooh, REALLY glad to see you back!
Hope you're ok with all the CoViD stuff.

I'll email you a list with the sounds that are needed.
:up:

Maybe I should try to summon the rest of the team, it seems to have worked with you! :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:15 pm I was supposed to get some time in a friend's recording studio b4 Covid.. but that's not ganna happen any time soon.
That friend, he wouldn't happen to be someone that could create a few themes for the game, now would he? :mrgreen: Or know someone who would.

Lemme adjust the volume for the Borg sounds. Hopefully I'll have a pack for you by this time next week.
While at it, if possible, maybe you could also adjust the volume for a few of the music themes?
At least the following seem to need variable amounts of adjustment:
- Cardassianmusic.mp3
- Cirrus-March.ogg
- Romulans_Diplomacy TerakRall.mp3
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

All's good Covid-wise on my end, thanks for asking, I hope all of you are OK too!

I can ask my mate about a couple scores for the game, but I'm not sure if he'd be into something like this.. never hurts to ask though;)

I'll take a look at the music files, and see what I can do
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

Anyone having an issue with the new release about it giving an error and canceling out of the game? it seems to happen to me anytime i send a peace treaty to a major power playing as the Federation.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey rkdtwo, welcome to the forums!
Can you elaborate a bit please? When you say peace treaty, do you mean any treaty, or a specific one?
Can you zip savegame and attach it here please so that I can check? Thx!
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

How would i add the Zip File?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Click on the Full Editor & Preview button below the text box, then Attachments, and add the file.

I managed to replicate the issue with Non-Aggression Pacts, that was a f**k-up on my part... fixed it, should upload a patch shortly.
If there's any other treaty that causes this, please LMK! So I can fix before uploading the patch.
Thanks!
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

I was playing one this morning had not done any peace treaties and it crashed same crash too.
Attachments
Crash at later turn.sav
(655.29 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It doesn't crash for me (with the NAP fix), so it must be the same issue.
Thanks for the save! I'm just finishing up some stuff for the patch.
rkdtwo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rkdtwo »

One other issue i noticed is when i get to affiliated with a major power and above it doesnt let me trade with their places any longer.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Patch uploaded.
Fixes the crash rkdtwo reported - please keep an eye out for more.
Tweaked the recruitment rate of agents, especially the first one - please provide feedback.
Tweaked the (first few) tech levels a bit more.
Fixed the AI overbuilding colony ships (should have a max of 8 at any time).
Shipyard is scrapped when a colony is subjugated.
A few more minor fixes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

rkdtwo wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:28 pm One other issue i noticed is when i get to affiliated with a major power and above it doesnt let me trade with their places any longer.
I was thinking about that this morning... :shock:
Does it only happen with major civs?
When I signed an Affiliation with a minor with whom I had an Open Borders, my trade routes with them were kept intact. I didn't check yet if, when the OB expires,I can establish them again though.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
After the error reported by rkdtwo I tried a non-aggression pact and war pact and had no crash or other problems.

You asked to post a save, so here is the newest one:
SP Federation Huge Irregular 269.zip
(628.83 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
The expansion of major races isn't so fast as after a start with the Supreme Tech, but definitely there is a progress comparing to Dec version.
That's why I suppose a limit of 8 colony ships would be good in smaller galaxies or the first phase of the game. In an advanced game it is not sufficient if you have far longer borders. Maybe could it relate to a number of planets systems?

Return to “Supremacy”