Unhandled Error Log (Fixed)

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Unhandled Error Log (Fixed)

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I am sending this error log to see if there is a new issue with the test build or just something on my end.
Error.txt
(4.19 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Unhandled Error Log

Post by Iceman »

It's something new, thanks! Something I added yesterday, and didn't test properly... :roll:
When you sign an Affiliation treaty, both civs share their list of contacted civs. Will fix later, I have to go to work now.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you check with the new patch please, and report back? Thx.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Just player with the new patch and all seems good, multiple minor races have joined and no crashes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Unhandled Error Log (Fixed)

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Here is another Error Log that has come up recently. Also there have been a few oddities while playing in the later game. I've had a couple times when I've allied with a Major race they actually built their ships in my ship yards. This only happened on a few occasions but I thought it might not be intended.

I've also had a couple times where the turn processes but it stays on the last turn as in nothing was processed and when the turn is ended again it processes the orders but skips a turn.
Error.txt
(9.95 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:29 am Here is another Error Log that has come up recently.
I'm guessing the game crashed? Is it reproducible? Do you have a savegame for it that you can attach here?
Also there have been a few oddities while playing in the later game. I've had a couple times when I've allied with a Major race they actually built their ships in my ship yards. This only happened on a few occasions but I thought it might not be intended.
Did it only happen for allied majors? Were those ships under your control, or theirs?
I've also had a couple times where the turn processes but it stays on the last turn as in nothing was processed and when the turn is ended again it processes the orders but skips a turn.
I think I've seen this happen too, once.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The first issue seems to be related to logging - it might have to do with all the logging done in the latest patches for testing how the AI is doing. I've disabled most of it some time ago, but there's still some.

Can you try to edit (with Notepad++) the file
LogConfig.log4net
and change line 23 from DEBUG to INFO , test again, and report back please?
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

As far as the ships being built, it was only by major races and I only noticed it twice through the whole play through. Both times I just stopped the production before they finished so I'm not sure if I would have control of them.

Yes the game will crash after the turn finishes processing and the summary window comes up. I will end the Log file and run it again, hopefully it will pick up what you need.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

At quick glance it seems as though LogConfig.log4net file is already set to INFO on line 23.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

It will reproduce itself given enough turns in game, but I'm not sure what triggers it. I'll include the current auto save, when the error occurs it completes the turn and actually saves the game before the crash so I'm always able to reload and continue where it left off. Seems like the save file is too big to attach here in the forums, do you have an email address you would want me to send it to?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:10 pm Seems like the save file is too big to attach here in the forums, do you have an email address you would want me to send it to?
if you zip the save file you should be able to attach it here
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

SP Federation Huge Irregular 622.zip
(713.28 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Here is the most current save
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the save!
I've briefly checked the save, and the game hangs on turn processing. I think it might be related to a problem with large fragmented territories - will try to check it in a while, after (or during) work.

Out of curiosity, do you have (any) victory conditions enabled? If so, has any of them (alliance, tech) triggered already?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Managed to get around the game hanging (it's not fixed though), and your savegame was useful to find and fix a few things in diplomacy - disabled ability to offer Alliance and Defensive Alliance to civs that are at war with any of your allies, and War Pact if all remaining empires are your allies.

Now, a question (for everyone):

Should you (Feds in your case) be able to offer an *Affiliation* treaty to a civ (Dominion) that is at war with an ally of yours (everyone else).

Return to “Supremacy”