Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Yes, it is possible. This was mentioned in page 100 of this thread:
Also many times in the show and history, you'd still see them build older models of ship even with newer available such as the extensive amount of Galaxy class ships, even though the Sovereign class had been created. Any way to allow the building of older model ships even with newer ones available? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Yes, this can be modded. You can edit the file \Resources\Data\TechObjectDatabase.xml and remove the Upgrade and Obsolete paths to tweak the shiplist to your liking. If you need help with this, we're here to help! :up:
If you want to remove *all* obsoletion paths though, you might end up with a huge build list. Might be more sensible to have only the current and previous tiers. But that's your call, ofc, there's nothing like trying it. :wink:
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Iceman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:07 pm Yes, it is possible. This was mentioned in page 100 of this thread:
Also many times in the show and history, you'd still see them build older models of ship even with newer available such as the extensive amount of Galaxy class ships, even though the Sovereign class had been created. Any way to allow the building of older model ships even with newer ones available? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Yes, this can be modded. You can edit the file \Resources\Data\TechObjectDatabase.xml and remove the Upgrade and Obsolete paths to tweak the shiplist to your liking. If you need help with this, we're here to help! :up:
If you want to remove *all* obsoletion paths though, you might end up with a huge build list. Might be more sensible to have only the current and previous tiers. But that's your call, ofc, there's nothing like trying it. :wink:
Cool. A big build list is less the concern than "immersion" for me. This game has so many possibilities. Looks very polished.

A canon map would be cool too (like UDM of BotF v1 fame).

I am enjoying it, but for the dominion appearing in the Alpha quadrant quite early on. Up to that point, I was immersed other than not being able to build true "Trek" fleets like in STTNG/DS9 etc... as above.

Is looking really good though. Overall.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

toffeeblue wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:50 am Cool. A big build list is less the concern than "immersion" for me. This game has so many possibilities. Looks very polished.
:up:

A canon map would be cool too (like UDM of BotF v1 fame).
It's in the ToDo list.
A map editor would be really cool for this. We just need someone to code it. :wink:

I am enjoying it, but for the dominion appearing in the Alpha quadrant quite early on. Up to that point, I was immersed other than not being able to build true "Trek" fleets like in STTNG/DS9 etc... as above.
What galaxy size was that on? If on one of the larger ones, then they must have found a Wormhole. Sounds familiar? :razz:
OR, you were playing with Random homesystems, but I'm guessing that was not the case.

As for building true Trek fleets, I'm pretty sure that during the TNG era in the shows, no shipyard would build ENT era ships :razz: But the beauty of Supremacy is that you can make this happen, even if it is rather illogical.
I'm guessing you're playing Sophisticated+ starts.
Is looking really good though. Overall.
Thanks! Any feedback you have, it's welcome! Enjoy!!
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Successfully edited - first time the Tech database

Focused on the federation. Seems to be working... Off to test.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There's an alternative to editing TODB.xml, which might feel a bit more canon.
Edit HomeSystems.xml instead, and give yourself, assuming you're playing Sophisticated+, some older ships as starting items. You may have trouble with maintenance costs, so you might have to edit TODB.xml anyway and lower maitenance costs for those older ships.
This way, you can't build them, but you'll have them in your fleets anyway.
Just a thought.
Scottymac
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Scottymac »

I really enjoyed having the Dominion 'regard bonus' impact all races not just friendlies. Is this something I can easily edit for my own games? If so how?

Cheers.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Nope, it cannot be edited. I can change it back, if it is found to be the best option. :?:
We don't want the Dominion to be too strong though (not saying it is, just putting it out there). I understand that some players do not care about balance, and in SP it's a valid (though arguable) point; but in MP - and Supremacy in MP is FUN - it is very much one of the more important points! No one wants to play the weakest civ(s), ofc... In SP, you can always mod the game to your heart's content.
We really need to get mod support working!!

BTW, thanks to SCT I've made torpedoes only deal 25% (20% for Roms) damage vs shields. This makes Borg ships probably too strong, I'llreduce their shield recharge rates and see what happens. Needs to be tested.
Thanks SCT :up:

I also tweaked maneuvrability a bit, and made cloaked ships have some shields (not full shields though) after decloaking. Needs to be tested.

And fixed a couple of issues with offering war pacts.

I'll try to fix a couple more things and then release a new patch.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 amthanks to SCT I've made torpedoes only deal 25% (20% for Roms) damage vs shields.
My draft gives romulans 40% (base damage 5 - shield level 3 i.e. more than 25%). Based on the trek nerds advice and since their surprise attack is somewhat weaker with this modification. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:32 pm
Iceman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 amthanks to SCT I've made torpedoes only deal 25% (20% for Roms) damage vs shields.
My draft gives romulans 40% (base damage 5 - shield level 3 i.e. more than 25%). Based on the trek nerds advice and since their surprise attack is somewhat weaker with this modification. :wink:
Done! :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Made OBs more effective in planetary assaults, and a few minor tweaks.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Scottymac wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:16 pm I really enjoyed having the Dominion 'regard bonus' impact all races not just friendlies.
Including civs they're at war with? Minor and major?
Scottymac
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Scottymac »

Iceman wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Scottymac wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:16 pm I really enjoyed having the Dominion 'regard bonus' impact all races not just friendlies.
Including civs they're at war with? Minor and major?
Ah. Good point. I did not intend to mean 'hostiles'. I certainly should have clarified 'neutral' as well as 'friendlies' :oops:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I would also take this moment to remember that before the last couple patches, when ever I would come across one of the ships of an opposing major race in the middle of space it would not tell me I discovered a new race like it use to. In other words if I start a new game and come across a klingon scout it wont give me the notification that i discovered a new race until I myself send a ship into a system that that race controls or one of there ships comes to a system I control. I have also noticed that while I have not 'discovered' them yet they will also act hostile to me no matter what I do until they are registered as discovered and in the diplomacy tab.
Fixed, finally. Please test this!
torpedoes only deal 25% (20% for Roms) damage vs shields.
For planetary shields too.

Some more tweaks to rebellions (prevented if colony is being attacked), and to AI colony management.

Uploaded a new patch.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

As requested by Iceman I have been playing some turns as the Dominium, using both last patches.
Everything looks more or less as planned in recent updates. I can confirm that the 'first encounter' with Gorn fleet in space was correctly recognized in the Diplomacy screen, but....
Screenshot (61).jpg
Screenshot (61).jpg (738.39 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
I am sure I haven't met any Pakled ship and definitely not in sector (49,9)
and in addition...
Screenshot (62).jpg
Screenshot (62).jpg (520.14 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
Breen race has rented one of my shipyards for free!!! :(
There are 10 not recognized ships in that system. They appeared there a couple of turns after the system colonization, probably after the shipyard construction.
My last save is also attached:
SP Dominion Huge Irregular 276.zip
(659.13 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:58 pm As requested by Iceman I have been playing some turns as the Dominium, using both last patches.
Moved my answer to the Dominion thread.

I can confirm that the 'first encounter' with Gorn fleet in space was correctly recognized in the Diplomacy screen, but....
Where did you meet that Gorn fleet? Their homesystem is rather far from your explored territory... :???:

I am sure I haven't met any Pakled ship and definitely not in sector (49,9)
Yes, that sector is not explored. Same issue as the Gorn?

Breen race has rented one of my shipyards for free!!! :(
Construction doesn't advance though. Has it been like that for long?

There are 10 not recognized ships in that system. They appeared there a couple of turns after the system colonization, probably after the shipyard construction.
Those are (cloaked) Breen warships. Did they appear there all at once, or one at a time (like they were built there)?

I'm trying to fix something with some diplo SitReps, and then I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for the save!

Return to “Supremacy”