Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Fixed that crash, and uploaded a new patch so you can continue your game.
I'll post a change log later.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Changes in this patch:

AI
- fix to AI shipbuilding, still a WiP
- fixed AI attacking stations
- tweaked minor race shipbuilding (now capped by maintenance costs)
- fixed cease-fire not applying to attacks on stations
- improved construction of MoonHab
- the Borg will try to take out "spy" scouts

Misc
- fixed a few things related to ship repairs when shipyard is upgrading
- fixed (cloaked fleet arrival) and improved (station destroyed) some SitReps
- fixed obsoletion path not checking items under construction

Data
- started going through minor races' starting resources (WiP)

I think there might be an issue with WarDecs, especially from minor races, but I need more data to confirm.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have two minor proposals:

- Some unique buildings of minor races should be their advantages in the game, but for some research buildings the energy cost makes them useless, unless there is a volcanic planet in the system and no other energy demand. I do not mind research points, just the required energy. The most exaggerated one is following:
Screenshot (65).jpg
Screenshot (65).jpg (416.22 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
There are other such building with slightly lower energy costs, for example Dopterian Information Archive.
So I would propose to make the energy cost reasonable or there are other reasons for the implemented level.

- If we have a scout mark 2 or 3 available there is a posililiby to spy on a new system just by using scout speed and skip over the system. I would propose to force a stop once there is a station in the system, in a similar way to finding a new race. Just to make it slightly harder.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:15 am - Some unique buildings of minor races should be their advantages in the game, but for some research buildings the energy cost makes them useless, unless there is a volcanic planet in the system and no other energy demand. I do not mind research points, just the required energy. The most exaggerated one is following:
There are other such building with slightly lower energy costs, for example Dopterian Information Archive.
So I would propose to make the energy cost reasonable or there are other reasons for the implemented level.
The Pakled building's stats are the same as in BotF, I think. I suppose the high energy cost was meant to balance out the low build cost, but I agree with you, it makes it only be worth it if you happen to have excess energy that you can't use anywhere else :roll:
I think there were mods (or a fix?) that increased output to 100?
The Pakled, beng the Pakled, shouldn't provide much of a research boost, I guess. :twisted: But we can make them more useful by making their cruisers better than what (most of) the empires have to offer at those TLs.

The Dopterian building has a high(er) build cost, but the Simulators are better in terms of output/energy.

Do you have suggestions for these 2?
Any others that you find,LMK.

- If we have a scout mark 2 or 3 available there is a posililiby to spy on a new system just by using scout speed and skip over the system. I would propose to force a stop once there is a station in the system, in a similar way to finding a new race. Just to make it slightly harder.
Good point! I'd say only if the civ is not Friendly+ :?: They won't engage otherwise anyway.

---

There is definitely an issue with DoWs by alliance... I'll check and release another patch, as this kind of spoils a game (if it happens).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

@McFly:
Thanks for the save, there was a nasty bug (or rather an omission) in the attack stations code - those damn minor races were attacking everyone and their dog, including their own allies :roll:
Also fixed a minor display issue, and found a potential issue.

Took down the patch, and will re-upload later today, after some more tweaks.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Do you have suggestions for these 2?
There is always a competition between using one population to provide energy or science. I would say that energy cost of such building could be at 70 max, for all minor races having such building, so no more than one fully developed energy unit - forgetting for now a slower development of minor races. And then a higher research output would be a surplus or advantage of given race. I would not mess with the research output. Definitely 50 is more than appropriate for Pakleds.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks, I had just lowered the Pakled's to 50 energy, and the Dopterians' to 75. Sounds good? (a maxed research PF only outputs 75)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re-uploaded patch.
Fixed subjugated homesystems only getting -1 morale instead of -2.

edit:
Forgot to mention, fleets entering a sector with a station will be forced to stop if civ is not Friendly+, as suggested by geordie.
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

I have now played your latest patch for 6 hours and I had more fun than 1000+ hours of playing stellaris (with all extensions). Even in this early state...
I only miss the battles and BotF-Espionage... thanks man
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Silverbreaker wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:14 am I have now played your latest patch for 6 hours and I had more fun than 1000+ hours of playing stellaris (with all extensions). Even in this early state...
I only miss the battles and BotF-Espionage... thanks man
Wow, that's huge! :shock:
Thanks! It's been great fun working on this project for the gods know how many years, with loads of very talented people. High praise goes to Mike Strobel for starting it and having done most of the work in the good old days.
Yes, the combat engine and intel are the 2 more important features still missing. There's still a lot of work to be done in diplomacy and the AI too, but the groundwork is there.
Here's hoping that more talented people show up and help out with development, so we can get this game done :up:

Thanks for your support!
McFly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by McFly »

Hi, thank you very much the savegame is running again, 2 rounds later all members and the federation declared war on me, almost everyone is peaceful again ... but first of all it was a wow what now.

thx for repair this
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

McFly wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:33 am Hi, thank you very much the savegame is running again, 2 rounds later all members and the federation declared war on me, almost everyone is peaceful again ... but first of all it was a wow what now.

thx for repair this
:up:
I'll still need to take a closer look into that membership issue. If you find any more issues, LMK!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Red matter?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:05 pmRed matter?
You mean, what is this red matter thingie that suddenly appeared in my game? :mrgreen:
It's part of the Supremacy victory condition. When you build a science station in a demon planet (only found in Green stars), you start accumulating Red Matter points. Once you reach a certain amount (default 100, set in Tables\GameOptionTables.txt) the Supremacy VC is triggered; you may continue the game though, if you wish, just like with any other VC.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

There was another omission in the attack stations code, from the time when we opened it to empires too; empires could WarDec on other empires at Neutral, which, associated with a bug in the WarDec by alliance code, caused your member minors to break membership.
Please keep an eye on any missing or weird texts related to WarDecs due to alliances, as I have tried to make the string names more clear.

When you declare war, now your member minors should follow your lead.

The Borg should now be a (smallish) bit smarter in defending their territory. Still a WiP.

Smallish fix in the Intercept order code, will have to take a harder look at it later.

Return to “Supremacy”