Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:40 pm OK, new game starts fine. :)
Heh, I was waiting for your feedback before releasing the patch. But WCB's game could not be continued with the fix because the agreement had already been accepted, so I uploaded a special patch *just for him* :mrgreen:

Yeah, but a weird thing is that in the system they attack only TWH, leaving shipyard intact.
Maybe that system was not their target, and the TWH was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or the fleet didn't have enough firepower to destroy the shipyard.
Improved that code a bit.

But a lower (or none) industry bonus is an option.
Done.

It followed my main assumption to assimilate as many systems and as fast as possible, so a comparison could be misleading. But the main reason was to get resources for the ship construction. So you could cut some Population Support, but not too much.
I've cut it down to 0.35, which is about what makes you topped out on ships in your Borg game.

Will upload the patch shortly.
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Besides the fixes already mentioned,
- added a permanent Regard bonus to Cease-Fires, as a complement to the temporary one
- Trust will now slightly affect Regard (both positively and negatively)
- bankrupt civs will reject any proposals with demands for cash

@Warp Core Breach
Use the exe_for_WarpCoreBreach.zip patch first, for that turn where you get the crash (it's too late for the fix in that save, the agreement has already been accepted). LMK when you have downloaded it please, so I can take it down.
After that you can use this new patch.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Downloaded yesterday. Works fine. Should I test anything specific in that my Borg game?

I have started another one, also as Klingons :) A though start, not too many useful planets in Qo'noS vicinity, two minor races instead, but in the beginning it is an obstacle rather. Now I am ahead in number of systems, I see that after a quite good start other major races have difficult to progress above 20-30 systems. It looks like an AI problem, because it is in second game in the row.

I think that the first leader could appear about turn 60-70.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:05 pm Downloaded yesterday. Works fine. Should I test anything specific in that my Borg game?
The only tests with the Borg that I can recall are
- assimilating a colony with an Echo Papa 607
- travel between 2 wormholes with a TWH each (should not use TWH, but normal WH movement, to save fuel)

I'm curious about 2 minors that are Neutral towards you in the diplomacy screen. How did you get to know of their existence? Can't recall if they have scouts. But why Neutral?! (see below)

The Borg gain experience in battle, like the other empires. Should they?

I have started another one, also as Klingons :) A though start, not too many useful planets in Qo'noS vicinity, two minor races instead, but in the beginning it is an obstacle rather.
Those look like 2 useful systems for the Klingons :twisted: As soon as you get troop transports, of course. :wink:

Now I am ahead in number of systems, I see that after a quite good start other major races have difficult to progress above 20-30 systems. It looks like an AI problem, because it is in second game in the row.
This might have to do with the way the new AI behaves. In the expansion phase they can build quite a few colony ships, but once they reach the strengthen phase that number decreases. These values can be modded in the \Tables\TraitTables.txt file , the following tables being related to colonization:

EmpiresColonyShipConstruction
MaxColonyShipCount
DefaultColonies (and xxxColonies)
DefaultMinColonizationValue (and xxxMinColonizationValue)

(only the Dominion and the Borg have specific tables so far)

In your Borg game, some empires have 75+ colonies, the Roms are the only ones having less than 50 or so but they have taken a beating.
But maybe we should review those values, yes. They are easily moddable.
I think AIMode also affects them in some way.

I think that the first leader could appear about turn 60-70.
In a Huge galaxy, correct? This depends on galaxy size.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:34 pm I'm curious about 2 minors that are Neutral towards you in the diplomacy screen. How did you get to know of their existence? Can't recall if they have scouts. But why Neutral?!
Because they are Members of the Federation! You have met the Feds, but have no direct first contact with these minor races.
Minors that are Members of (or Subjugated by) another empire need to be clearly marked as such.

geordie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:05 pm I think that the first leader could appear about turn 60-70.
Done.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The only tests with the Borg that I can recall are
- assimilating a colony with an Echo Papa 607
- travel between 2 wormholes with a TWH each (should not use TWH, but normal WH movement, to save fuel)
After an assimilation of a system with an Echo Papa it disappears from the screen. I tried to avoid to destroy it, so I hailed it twice. Just disappeared in the turn processing.
I cannot avoid using THW and fast travel, even if I defined not a direct path using Ctrl key. I can do it only in two separate travel steps, traveling a point somewhere in space and next continuing it to second THW.

The Borg gain experience in battle, like the other empires. Should they?
Depends what we would like to achieve. In my game a Klingon destroyer (so Elite crew) defeated one probe. Should it? Maybe a cruiser should do it, but I am not sure about one destroyer.
In a Huge galaxy, correct? This depends on galaxy size.
Yes, I meant a huge galaxy. Sorry for a lack of precision.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:02 am After an assimilation of a system with an Echo Papa it disappears from the screen. I tried to avoid to destroy it, so I hailed it twice. Just disappeared in the turn processing.
Ok, thanks, that's what it is supposed to do. :up:

I cannot avoid using THW and fast travel, even if I defined not a direct path using Ctrl key. I can do it only in two separate travel steps, traveling a point somewhere in space and next continuing it to second THW.
What I meant was, when traveling through a wormhole, and the wormhole has a transwarp hub on *both* ends, does the fleet use "normal" wormhole travel (which is instantaneous, with no fuel cost), OR "special" transwarp travel (which is also instantaneous, but costs a lot of fuel). It should use wormhole travel, of course.

BTW, I've made TWHs cost 200 maintenance (they had no cost) for the next patch. I'll need to adjust the AI.

Depends what we would like to achieve. In my game a Klingon destroyer (so Elite crew) defeated one probe. Should it? Maybe a cruiser should do it, but I am not sure about one destroyer.
No, it shouldn't! :shock: Unless they were in a nebula, with shields down. Or the Borg were very unlucky with their rolls.
The Probe's stats weren't changed...

Yes, I meant a huge galaxy. Sorry for a lack of precision.
No prob, I know you always play Huge, was just checking. :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed an AI miscalculation when determining if an enemy colony can be invaded.
The Borg AI should now handle their ships and stations (TWHs now have a maintenance cost) a lot better in terms of support; it will try to scrap ships if needed.

Things that need to be tested for all the starting levels (Early, Developed, etc) with each civ:
- if starting resources and credits are enough
- if starting buildings and structures are ok and make sense
- recruitment of personnel (especially the 1st)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I took down the patch because I found out why the AI could expand poorly under certain circumstances.
Will need to run some more tests, and fix one other issue, and then I'll re-upload.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Patch re-uploaded.
It's possible that the Borg AI might not handle the TWH's maintenance cost well.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Important fix for the Borg AI.
Empires should handle warship construction a bit better.
Some fixes related to construction of stations, including not being able to when bankrupt.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi, I downloaded last patch today and found that my subjugated Dominium systems had some specific Dominium buildings listed in the colony screen. Culling, Quantum Simulator, Jem'Hadar Barracks, Ketracel White Factory, Changeling Replacements, Changeling Network, Polaron Accelerator and Logistic Command are ready for construction. I play as Klingons.
Screenshot (04).jpg
Screenshot (04).jpg (655.28 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, forgot to restrict it to minor systems...
Thanks, will fix asap. After dinner :wink:

edit:
Actually, done. Before dinner :mrgreen:
Uploaded.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There's still something wrong with the Cardassians... their expansion I mean. :mrgreen:
Not sure if the Romulans too.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Nah, it's not the Cards. They just seem to get shafted with their starting position most often...
Should be fixed now, this time for real.
New patch uploaded. Sorry guys, for all the patches... :oops:

Return to “Supremacy”