My Klingons have got a strange and worrying message:
Screenshot (05).jpg
Screenshot (05).jpg (563.84 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Can you provide more info about it, please?
How did you get into contact with the Barzans? Did you get to know of them through another civ? Can you click on their homesystem name (is it a link) in the Race Info panel in the diplomacy screen?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I got a usual message of contact in the beginning of a turn. They are listed as a race in the Diplomacy Screen, but the link is dead. I suppose Barzans were conquered by other major race (probably Feds). I can give them (or demand from them) some money, nothing more is possible. As usual they should be near a wormhole. I used one that turn, but it is on the edge of my range, so I only see two near systems, but cannot visit them. But why an encounter in Qo'noS? A lack of better name choice in a path?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:46 pm There are listed as a race in the Diplomacy Screen, but the link is dead. I suppose Barzans were conquered by other major race (probably Feds).
Can you check please? Or post a savgame where I cancheck. Thanks!

As usual they should be near a wormhole. I used one that turn, but it is on the edge of my range, so I only see two near system, but cannot visit them.
Barza should be adjacent to a WH.

But why an encounter in Qo'noS? A lack of better name choice in a path?
It might be because indirect "first" contacts don't have a dedicated SitRep yet - one of the things in my looong ToDo list. :neutral:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

A save, just after the first (virtual) encounter.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 265.zip
(666.35 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, the Barzans are Members of the Federation - they probably became members in that turn, will have to check.
Their homesystem link works for me.
One odd thing is that their Trust is at 396, and you've just met them... :???:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:36 pm Hi, I downloaded last patch today and found that my subjugated Dominium systems had some specific Dominium buildings listed in the colony screen. Culling, Quantum Simulator, Jem'Hadar Barracks, Ketracel White Factory, Changeling Replacements, Changeling Network, Polaron Accelerator and Logistic Command are ready for construction. I play as Klingons.
Was this fixed?

I suppose this game was started before the last few patches, so you don't have information about the 1st agent's recruitment yet?
For Medium and Large galaxies, it seems ok for me. I haven't tested Huge yet.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Yes, I started that game a week ago, so with Nov15th patch. The double building list is fixed now.
Maybe the Borg looks weaker in that game. I met and I am just fighting against a fleet of one Diamond and one Cube.

Yes, I was aware of possible consequences of breaking the trade route. I was curious how the game responded.
BTW - I looks that it doesn't affect members.
Last edited by geordie on Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:00 pm Maybe the Borg looks weaker in that game. I met and I am just fighting against a fleet of one Diamond and one Cube.
Yes, when trying to improve how the Borg (and the AI in general) handle their maintenance costs, I broke the Borg AI... the barrage of patches was due to me trying to fix stuff related to that (but not only). Should be better now.
Yes, I was aware of possible consequences of breaking the trade route. I was curious how the game responded.
BTW - I looks that it doesn't affect members.
I'm glad that you were curious. :up:
If there's anything else about it that you think can be improved, please LMK!

edit: should it affect members?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:01 pm A save, just after the first (virtual) encounter.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 265.zip
Do you have a savegame from the previous turn to check if this has been fixed?

I've made only Affiliated+ civs share their contacts (should it be Friendly+?), so in this case it wouldn't have happened if you played that turn again. I've also added a different SitRep text for these situations, to prevent confusion.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Nebulae with planets now also show current survey level.
Above is from Nov11th patch - it works, but only for nebulae with colonized planet. Please add for uninhabited nebulae.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Good catch. Done!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Hopefully, 2 important AI improvements.
The AI should now expand more, and should be much more conservative in building stations (which should help not going bankrupt).

Feedback is important!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new patch for you guys to test if the AI will now build TTs and keep its finances (more) under control when at war.

edit:
also a fix to prevent a potential crash.

Return to “Supremacy”