Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

So, the problem was with the change? Are you sure? Just checking, not doubting :wink:
I'm trying to think of what might be causing it.
As well for me to be sure, I went back one turn, fortunately I had that 291 save, and play it again - there was a long list of about 50 systems to have industrial, security and research buildings upgraded. For me the length of that list was a main reason of further problems in next turn. To previously pass that turn I had to use exclusively pop-up system list and not to touch colonies tab. This time I went through the full upgrade without any problem.
Weird... From what I can tell, the surveyor just arrived there, but it is already at 60%?
Such f***ed up shit could only happen in sector (69,69) :twisted:
As I opened that save no. 291 I have also checked that wicked (69,69) sector and those numbers were there before my surveyor visit. I suppose that one sector was somehow linked to sectors (67,70-71) which I surveyed a while earlier. I have checked in save 285 and everything was OK there.

OK... I had a crash in turn 297, but that was a regular out of memory exception, so not a topic for this time :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Reverted the Colonies tab of the Assets screen to its previous form, but removed the star system display. It seems to load much faster now for large empires, but it might just my impression.
I've kept the Shipyards tab as it was, but it seems to be too slow in comparison (with the reverted Colonies tab).

I've tweaked the invasion ratio color-code values, should be a bit better now.

I've also fixed the Regard/Trust adjustment on first contact when it is a minor race initiating the contact, and not an empire.

Feedback welcome.

geordie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:32 pm OK... I had a crash in turn 297, but that was a regular out of memory exception, so not a topic for this time :)
Was it related to the Colonies tab?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

No, definitely not related to the Colonies tab. It happens to me in an advance game. I have to save and restart every 2-3 turns. I thought that my Windows re-installation would help for that, but evidently not.
Just a haunted computer :(

BTW - a ratio for the green troops assault dropped to about 1.4-1.5 (Klingons against Dominium)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 am BTW - a ratio for the green troops assault dropped to about 1.4-1.5 (Klingons against Dominium)
It depends on if there's a Bunker Network (~1.8 ) or not (~1.4).
Is the color code accurate?

The issue with Central Command (probably being spawned elsewhere, thus becoming available again), if you load that game again, does it always happen for you? It is important to know that.

Re the Assets screen changes, do you notice any discernible difference between the geordie.zip "patch" and the latest (29nov) patch?
- the Colonies tabs should be the same IIRC
- the Shipyards tabs are different, geordie should have the "old" one, and 29nov the "new" one (more compact)
It's important to know if there's any difference in loading times, lag, etc.

Thanks for your patience!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It depends on if there's a Bunker Network (~1.8 ) or not (~1.4).
Is the color code accurate?

The color is accurate. I reported it only because I had around 2.2 recently in my Klingon game.
The issue with Central Command (probably being spawned elsewhere, thus becoming available again), if you load that game again, does it always happen for you? It is important to know that.[/quote]

I played it quickly (not updating anything in between) from my previous save and the Central Command was constructed correctly, still unpowered.
Re the Assets screen changes, do you notice any discernible difference between the geordie.zip "patch" and the latest (29nov) patch?
- the Colonies tabs should be the same IIRC
- the Shipyards tabs are different, geordie should have the "old" one, and 29nov the "new" one (more compact)
It's important to know if there's any difference in loading times, lag, etc.
The loading time is OK, for sure acceptable, no issues so far.
BTW - in previous (compacted) setup I noticed that each turn processing in my Borg game lasted significantly longer, but really only in that game. And now it is noticeably faster.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:14 am BTW - in previous (compacted) setup I noticed that each turn processing in my Borg game lasted significantly longer, but really only in that game. And now it is noticeably faster.
Sorry to be a pain, but just to be absolutely sure:
In the september25+ format (only 2 lines per colony in both Colonies and Shipyards tabs instead of 3), turn processing is longer - BUT only in Borg games? Or only in that one specific game?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I played only one Borg game recently and I started it Nov 11th, probably after some your updates for the Borg. And yes, only in that one the processing was noticeably slower and even from first turns. Now it is quite fast despite the game was more advanced - I played only two turn yesterday, just to compare, after I recalled about that.
Hmm... I have 3 games now quite advanced in the same time.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, new patch.

Fixed a bug with display of cloaked ships in the Task Forces expander.
Fixed a couple of bugs with the Borg ships AI.

The Colonies tab is back to 2 lines per colony, please check if it doesn't create any issues now.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I tried only my save with that long list of buildings upgrade. I was really close to the end of that list. I used the switch between colonies tab quite often and - sadly - got that 'weird hang' again. :(
It looked like the game did not recognize my click on the context menu, but the menu did not disappear, I clicked again and got that hang.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:57 pm I tried only my save with that long list of buildings upgrade. I was really close to the end of that list. I used the switch between colonies tab quite often and - sadly - got that 'weird hang' again. :(
It looked like the game did not recognize my click on the context menu, but the menu did not disappear, I clicked again and got that hang.
The hang was with the 01dec patch, right? The 29nov patch does not have that issue, correct?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Correct. I used also my last save and there was an update of the construction buildings, so again quite long list of systems. I did not want to avoid problems so I again switched between screens quite often and got the hang when I only wanted to check if everything was updated :(

Is it sufficient to use 29Nov patch again, if I would want to continue the game? I understand that it would be without your other last changes. But in fact it is not urgent need...
Last edited by geordie on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I will replace the 1dec patch with another with the non-hanging Colonies tab.

edit:
uploaded new patch.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I was playing 3 turns with today patch, including that last one with the hang.
No problems... apart of course something weird again I had to spot...
Screenshot (07).jpg
Screenshot (07).jpg (846.02 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
Edit: I have checked some my older saves and that fleet has now still 0 ships instead of 42, even in saves I am sure the number was OK.
I also made a split into two fleets and I got both with 0 ships.
I have two other fleets: 18 and 4 ships and those ones are counted correct.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Heh, I fixed that bug an hour or so ago. It was after I uploaded the patch... :oops:
It was an incomlete fix of a bug ("Fixed a bug with display of cloaked ships in the Task Forces expander.").
Fix will be in next patch.
Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch, with the fix mentioned above.
And some other fixes, to diplomacy:
- proposals by the AI also count towards availability of diplomatic actions
- cease-fires now also count towards availability of diplomatic actions
- Feds and Peaceful/Pacifist/Mercantile/Spiritual minors arenow more likely to accept a cease-fire

Return to “Supremacy”