Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Actually, they're not members of another empire. They're marked as such, but they're not - not anymore, at least.
Refreshing relations fixes it - that is, it makes you be able to propose more stuff.

Attaching a savegame where the AI played for you, except building ships.

The AIs now proposing treaties has uncovered a few shortcomings/limitations of diplomacy (the UI being the more visible effect). Will need to be revamped.
Attachments
SP Federation Huge Irregular 301.zip
(693.99 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Thanks for the update and fix to the game save, I'll keep an eye out for the next patch.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
What do you mean by "refreshing relations"? A gift or other action? An envoy?
I met that situation with uncertain minor race status as well, an affiliated one, but not responding and only a gift is possible.
I assume that a membership should break other affiliation or open border treaties.
So a minor could have many open border treaties and exclusively one affiliation or one membership (with its color changed to the empire one).
Maybe it would be worth adding a column of diplomatic relationship with other empire on the Diplomacy screen. Anyway if we meet a minor race, such status should be known.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:46 am What do you mean by "refreshing relations"? A gift or other action? An envoy?
That might not be enough, the status with other empires might also need to be refreshed. I've fixed it for the next patch.

I assume that a membership should break other affiliation or open border treaties.
So a minor could have many open border treaties and exclusively one affiliation or one membership (with its color changed to the empire one).
All of that is true, and that's how it works currently.

Maybe it would be worth adding a column of diplomatic relationship with other empire on the Diplomacy screen. Anyway if we meet a minor race, such status should be known.
I'm trying to fix (or at least improve for now) the way diplo relations are displayed as we speak :wink:
I'll upload a new patch as soon as I have a decent fix.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch. It's not fixed yet, but I don't want to delay your new year's play time :wink:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

OK. have tried today patch, but it did not solve ongoing problem, maybe prevents it in a new game.
As I checked, a breaking existing treaty helps in the relation refreshing. :)

Edit: in fact breaking one agreement unblocked other two races as well.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:46 am one membership (with its color changed to the empire one).
Not sure what you mean by this, the color thing ?

BTW, you can check that in the Overview screen. I'm working on fixing some issues.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Not sure what you mean by this, the color thing ?
Oh, it is irrelevant now. There was a supposition that the blocked minor races could be members of other empires - in such case the sector color would be important. There was other reason of the problem and I believe it qas solved by your patch. I saw another such situation in my game (most probably), but it disappeared in 1-2 turns.

Happy New Year!!!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:shock:

That's the AI at work.

A late HNY!
Attachments
Fed AI.png
Fed AI.png (89.35 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There's a new patch out.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I upgraded my Supremacy using the today patch - one quick remark: I have got no new building upgrades of my minor races after achieving the research progress.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 333.zip
(726.97 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
I also assume that the diplomacy problem with blocked minor races is resolved now.

Some remarks to the previous version:
I started a game with the Starting Facilities parameter set as default. It looks that other empires developed significantly slower. I conquered two Dominium systems and it looks that the Dominium research is about level 3 afer 330 turns. lower even than some minor races.
The locks on the Intel Management screen are not working (despite there is no use of that for now).
After building some troop ships the number of garrison troops in those systems were not restored in time. I couldn't complete troop ship construction in systems with too low garrison - the level of garrison forces was frozen in several turns.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:42 pm I upgraded my Supremacy using the today patch - one quick remark: I have got no new building upgrades of my minor races after achieving the research progress.
That's odd, yes. Will check what's wrong, thanks!

I also assume that the diplomacy problem with blocked minor races is resolved now.
I still need to do some more work on diplomacy.

Some remarks to the previous version:
I started a game with the Starting Facilities parameter set as default. It looks that other empires developed significantly slower. I conquered two Dominium systems and it looks that the Dominium research is about level 3 afer 330 turns. lower even than some minor races.
I just checked and all empires are at TL7 except the Cardassians which are at TL6.
Maybe those colonies were somewhat recent? They probably focused on building Buildings (especially resource production) before upgrading PFs beyond levels 2~3.

The locks on the Intel Management screen are not working (despite there is no use of that for now).
Yes, I need to look into that someday.

After building some troop ships the number of garrison troops in those systems were not restored in time. I couldn't complete troop ship construction in systems with too low garrison - the level of garrison forces was frozen in several turns.
Found the issue and fixed! Thanks. That was a change I made some time ago, to prevent colonies from recruiting garrison while being bombarded...
Will upload a new patch in a while.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch, with the fix mentioned above.
Still looking into the member PFs thing. With which patch was this game started with?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I had started that game on Dec 23th, so with that day patch and added all subsequent ones, but the problem occurred just yesterday.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I must have f***ed up somewhere, member minors are being treated as subjugated (you can build Subjugated buildings), AND they cannot build their unique buildings and ships, besides the already mentioned PF upgrades...

You had no issues with the 29dec patch?

Return to “Supremacy”