Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

There are quite many minor members now, so I suppose I would notice something earlier.
I just checked and all empires are at TL7 except the Cardassians which are at TL6.
Maybe those colonies were somewhat recent? They probably focused on building Buildings (especially resource production) before upgrading PFs beyond levels 2~3.
It might be the reason, but I see a problem here as well - I have to invent all the research levels for the subjugated colonies again :(, once using the Starting Facilities as 'Default'. I would be interesting how the game AI reacts after a conquest of more developed system...

Edit: I have checked that above and it looks OK - I have access to construction upgrade of next levels.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, found and fixed the issue - that is, I reverted the changes I made that led to the issue.
Uploaded a new 9jan patch.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:26 am
geordie wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:42 pm Some remarks to the previous version:
I started a game with the Starting Facilities parameter set as default. It looks that other empires developed significantly slower. I conquered two Dominium systems and it looks that the Dominium research is about level 3 afer 330 turns. lower even than some minor races.
I just checked and all empires are at TL7 except the Cardassians which are at TL6.
Maybe those colonies were somewhat recent? They probably focused on building Buildings (especially resource production) before upgrading PFs beyond levels 2~3.
Still, this is an issue that needs to be looked into, since you're at TL10 - the AIs are too far behind you. And the Cards even more...
In those subjugated colonies, you can upgrade the PFs to TL7, so the AI would also be able to.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Fixed the OB upgrade crash mentioned by Warp Core Breach.
Tried to make the Borg be smarter when bombarding a colony to assimilate it.
The color coding in the Overview screen should be better now (but still needs more work).
I'm starting to fix the Inbox missing texts, it might get a bit weird sometimes. I wanted to get a patch out asap so you guys can continue your games, I'll keep working on this.

Feedbck is welcome!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
Removed all the previous ones, as the changes to diplomatic status were causing issues. Had to revert those changes for now, so it is back to what it was a few patches ago. I'll try to fix all the issues soon.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Thanks for the quick updates, I have come across another error with the role back (newest) patch applied. The save file is included, I'm not sure what it is.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 455.zip
(745.86 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have found a minor issue related to Starting Facilities set as Default.
After a conquest of a system I had no access to any building upgrade in colonies of that race:
Screenshot (10).jpg
Screenshot (10).jpg (582.64 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Screenshot (11).jpg
Screenshot (11).jpg (582.82 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
The upgrades are back next turn:
Screenshot (12).jpg
Screenshot (12).jpg (606.6 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:57 am Thanks for the quick updates, I have come across another error with the role back (newest) patch applied. The save file is included, I'm not sure what it is.
Can you specify the error you're refering to? I played 5 or 6 turns and there was no error.

There is one oddity though, you have mutual defense treaties with both the Klingons and the Cardassians, and they're at war with each other... :???:

It's nice to see that the Klingons have subjugated the Akaali and have wiped out the Hirogen (and recolonized Hirogea). :twisted:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:57 am I have found a minor issue related to Starting Facilities set as Default.
After a conquest of a system I had no access to any building upgrade in colonies of that race:
The upgrades are back next turn:
I uploaded a new patch. Can you check if this is fixed please?
I also made the morale modifier for production and taxes range from 50% to 150%, instead of 0% to 200%.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

It looks that it is fixed now. I see the building upgrades in my subjugated systems.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Sorry for the lack of info, it was an unhandled exception I am including the error log. I just tried continuing my game and after 3-4 try's it proceeded to the next turn without the error.
Error.zip
(152 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:44 pm Sorry for the lack of info, it was an unhandled exception I am including the error log. I just tried continuing my game and after 3-4 try's it proceeded to the next turn without the error.
That's odd.
The error log is empty, so I cannot check what happened.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

That was odd, no worries I reloaded the turn and got it to happen again. This time there should be an actual log of the error in the file.
Error.zip
(987 Bytes) Downloaded 40 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It's the same issue that Warp Core Breach reported in the Borg thread, about an orbital battery upgrade in the build queue when the colony is subjugated.
This game was started with an earlier patch, right?
I'll see what I can do to fix your save.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, I'm uploading a small patch for you to continue with your game, Hebrewhammer, bins only.

Return to “Supremacy”