Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by toffeeblue »

Hello

Downloaded the latest updates, have installed Map Editor. How do I access the actual map editor?

Looking at the various threads its not too clear.

Thanks
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

toffeeblue wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:23 am Hello

Downloaded the latest updates, have installed Map Editor. How do I access the actual map editor?

Thanks
OK I got it working, reapplied that patch version

Is there any "Canon" maps anyone has created I could try out, available to download?
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

toffeeblue wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:33 am
toffeeblue wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:23 am Hello

Thanks
OK I got it working, reapplied that patch version

Is there any "Canon" maps anyone has created I could try out, available to download?
Right now the editor can only be accessed from the single player start screen. Click load map, then preview map, then launch editor. In an upcoming patch the "map preview" screen will be removed as it's kind of redundant.

I think Iceman was working on creating a Canon map, not sure how far he has gotten.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Map Editor

Post by Iceman »

Hi toffeeblue, glad to see you!

Yea, I'm working on a canon map, but it is still very incomplete. I'll attach it here so that you guys can provide some input.
The empires are placed, but since I had started it as a Large map and then turned into a Huge map, they may not be correctly placed - though I did do some adjustments. I also tried to place them so that every empire would have "room" to expand.
Only a few minors have been placed, suggestions on which minors to place would be nice. Still need to add the rest of the initial Federation members.
And I've only placed a few uninhabited star systems, so the map is not yet playable.

So, suggestions are welcome!
You can edit the map and post your version it here, if you like.
Let's try to create a great canon map to add to the release!
:up:
Attachments
Canon Huge.zip
(953 Bytes) Downloaded 73 times
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Iceman wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:40 pm Hi toffeeblue, glad to see you!

Yea, I'm working on a canon map, but it is still very incomplete. I'll attach it here so that you guys can provide some input.
The empires are placed, but since I had started it as a Large map and then turned into a Huge map, they may not be correctly placed - though I did do some adjustments. I also tried to place them so that every empire would have "room" to expand.
Only a few minors have been placed, suggestions on which minors to place would be nice. Still need to add the rest of the initial Federation members.
And I've only placed a few uninhabited star systems, so the map is not yet playable.

Thanks dude

I tried starting a Canon map yesterday. Its a big undertaking if you cannot do it spreadsheet style initially. I think it best its done collective effort.

I love the BOTF UDM scenarios - and playing as the federation using the canon map there.

Would like to have something similar here.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

toffeeblue wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:12 am
Iceman wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:40 pm Hi toffeeblue, glad to see you!

Thanks dude

I tried starting a Canon map yesterday. Its a big undertaking if you cannot do it spreadsheet style initially. I think it best its done collective effort.

I love the BOTF UDM scenarios - and playing as the federation using the canon map there.

Would like to have something similar here.
Let me know if you come up with any ideas that would make using the editor easier/faster. If you do work on it, save often, there is bound to still be a few bugs that haven't been discovered yet.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch for this version.

edit: damn... I think I forgot to update the en.txt file... some strings might be missing.

What I miss the most is a way to set star systems to be generated by the galaxy generation code, *after* the game is started, to increase map replayability. Right now, systems are always pre-generated (by the map editor) and stored in the map file, which means that maps will always have the same (star system) configurations.

But the map editor is looking great!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Some more work on the canon map, but still incomplete.
Attachments
Canon Huge.zip
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

One more iteration of the canon map.
Attachments
Canon Huge.zip
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There's a bug with the map editor that is not spawning minor civs in loaded maps (and only in loaded maps). Misfire has already fixed it, but until we release a new build, playing the canon map will be.. less satisfying.
Boar25
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boar25 »

Has anyone released a map editor? I would love to be able to play being able to customize the map. Love what you guys have done to the game so far btw!
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Boar25 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:25 pm Has anyone released a map editor? I would love to be able to play being able to customize the map. Love what you guys have done to the game so far btw!
Click the button for new single player game, then click the load map button. Select the map you want to edit (choose one of the blank maps if you want to start something from scratch). Click edit. Click save and name it what you want. I suggest saving often, there may still be bugs in the editor.

We should probably add a button on the main menu for the map editor at some point to make it more clear.
Boar25
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boar25 »

Thank you Misfire. I don't see that option. Would I have to reinstall the allinone maybe?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Boar25 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:53 pmWould I have to reinstall the allinone maybe?
This topic is about 'Supremacy', a great BotF sequel game, which will soon feature 3D combat. So you should give it a try. :wink:

There is also a map editor for BotF. It's part of the Ultimate Editor (Tools -> UE in the AIO Installer): viewforum.php?f=125
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Boar25
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boar25 »

Sorry. I am very limited for knowledge of this kind of stuff. It amazes me what you guys can do. I am looking to play either Ultimate dominion or the ultimate mod 5. Is there a way you can lay out the minor races and powers on the map yourself? If not, is this something that can be adapted to the game? Thank you

Return to “Supremacy”