Error Message on Installer "Out of Memory"

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
Please read the topic titles below to see if your issue matches already solved issues before creating new support ticket.
Lamb Chop
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Error Message on Installer "Out of Memory"

Post by Lamb Chop »

Hey Guys,
I was recently re-watching the trek movies and had an urge for the BotF...

I have downloaded the complete installer and DirectPlay is already enabled in my system.
But When I run the setup, and choose the desired options, I get an "Out of Memory" Error and installer will not continue.

1. There is 64GB of the goodies on this, so obviously that is not actually the case. Performance Monitor also states there is like 40+ Available.
2. I have tried different settings, not choose any option, DxWind only in windowed / FullScreen etc. No Joy
3. Tried reverting back to original C:\botf path as well.
4. There are no entries in the Event Viewer. (My Job is IT, so...)

Any Ideas? Suggestions? I am thinking it might be an installer check for GPU Memory which is an RTX 3060 or it is doing a memory and and is not getting a response within range that is expected.

Windows 10 x64 btw, Intel If you care.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Error Message on Installer "Out of Memory"

Post by thunderchero »

Lamb Chop wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:39 am I get an "Out of Memory" Error and installer will not continue.
please post image of error message. I am wonder what is giving message (windows or installer?)

90% of issues lately has been corrupt download issue, so redownload would be my first suggestion.

I also suggest to only install "vanilla" if you are not doing so already. After you get that running try to install other mods.
Lamb Chop
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Lamb Chop »

It was the installer, windows is a bit more detailed than a red exclamation mark.
It is sorted now, a fresh copy off your website downloaded and a reboot.
Weird Though...

Wow such a quick response, I would praise and promise a return business and write a commendation to you with your direct manager in CC; if you were not an underappreciated volunteer :)
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

this also could have been that weird "auto windows update" issue I have seen recently.

"after reboot issue is gone" but this is first report of "Out of Memory" Error during install.
Lamb Chop
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Lamb Chop »

I don't reboot much, it is always on, my home PC, that is but I wouldn't have missed a windows update. Also, it is not the second Tuesday...

My suspicion is either the Lizard people sent gremlins to frustrate me or the McAfee Endpoint (the Corporate one) locked the files while running a malware / sandbox task.
Anyway as I always tell my junior's. Shut down and reboot beats several hours of trouble shooting...

Return to “Submit a support ticket for Windows (all versions)”