Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

The next patch will address some of the issues mentioned in this thread. Will be released after a few more fixes.

Priorities/color of some SitReps.
2 new Romulan personnel for the ENT age.
Tweaks to the code for AI WarDecs.
Fixed a nasty bug in AI diplomacy - thanks for the saves the6the!
Also fixed an issue with AI fleets that have no torpedoes (only happens to the Dominion currently) endlessly assaulting systems with no effect, spotted in the6the's saves. :up:
A bunch of other fixes and tweaks, will list them later.

Added a few more things to the ToDo list, to be addressed in the future.
Thanks guys!
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

I was wondering why the Dominion was just sitting on that system! And the Dominion is worshipful of me while at war?!
Cool. Glad I could help.
I'll be starting another game soon (when the new patch hits Bitbucket), we'll see what kind of mischief I can get up to in that one :twisted:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:15 pm I was wondering why the Dominion was just sitting on that system! And the Dominion is worshipful of me while at war?!
After the fix, their 2 fleets of bug ships just went on to destroy some (other) Fed shipyards :twisted:
Cool. Glad I could help.
Savegames are usually a gold mine for fixes and improvements.
I'll be starting another game soon (when the new patch hits Bitbucket), we'll see what kind of mischief I can get up to in that one :twisted:
Hehe. I'll probably release it tomorrow.
I'm fixing more diplomacy stuff right now.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Improved colony autobuild priorities for Shipyard and Scanner.
Lowered AI retreat from battle threshold.
Made hull damage affect initiative in battle.
Some combat fixes.
Some improvements to AI colonization.
AI harasser fleets will try to attack smaller enemy fleets if no other target available.
AI empires will reject credits/resources offers if they don't really need them; the modifier for acceptance is now affected by the amount offered vs their current treasury/pool.
Some improvements to the diplomacy screen.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Had to re-upload the patch last night, there was a crash that apparently no one had noticed (prior to the patch).
Only one person had downloaded it.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
Could you have a look into my save?
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 687.zip
(962.53 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
I cannot upgrade buildings in my subjugated human systems. In some of them I am able upgrade only Automated Farms and Replication Plants.
Is it an error of my game parameters were damaged somehow? It rather does not concern saves because it lasts for several turns, just after my first conquer of Feds system. Maybe an important detail - my first conquer was when Feds were on level 11 of the Research (or maybe even higher).
Hope it's not my extra large galaxy :grin:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 pm I cannot upgrade buildings in my subjugated human systems. In some of them I am able upgrade only Automated Farms and Replication Plants.
Is it an error of my game parameters were damaged somehow? It rather does not concern saves because it lasts for several turns, just after my first conquer of Feds system. Maybe an important detail - my first conquer was when Feds were on level 11 of the Research (or maybe even higher).
That's odd...
I'll look into it, thanks!

A few questions about those subjugated Fed systems, to make sure I understand:
- You could upgrade the Automated Farms and the Replication Plants in all systems (where applicable) :?:
- Were there any systems where you managed to upgrade the rest of the Production Facilities (energy, research, intel) :?:
- Did this happen with the subjugated systems of any of the other empires :?:

BTW, the Feds wiped out the Tzenkethi ?! (before you conquered that system) :shock:

Hope it's not my extra large galaxy :grin:
:mrgreen:
You did not want to go 3-digit ? :wink:
I think max is 256x256, but I think that would be really silly (the size would be silly, I mean).
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

A few questions about those subjugated Fed systems, to make sure I understand:
- You could upgrade the Automated Farms and the Replication Plants in all systems (where applicable) :?:
- Were there any systems where you managed to upgrade the rest of the Production Facilities (energy, research, intel) :?:
- Did this happen with the subjugated systems of any of the other empires :?:
- I was able to upgrade the Farms and Plants up to level 11, as I remember every time the possibility happened
- sometimes, rather really rarely, I was able to upgrade the Plasma Reactors, but to a level 8 or 9. The most strange were Databanks. You can find systems in my save where the University is on level 11 and the Databank on level 1, without possible upgrade - which in fact could not be possible
- it happened only for Feds, that's why I suggested their general research level (11) as a possible reason.
You did not want to go 3-digit ? :wink:
I think max should be 256x256, but I think that would be really silly (the size would be silly, I mean).
I wanted to test my computer performance as well, so not to overload it too much. It was acceptable. In top game, with all empires being developed, next turn processing lasted about 1 minute. But as I like micromanagement, it lasted up to 1 hour to review tasks for all my 150-200 colonies.
Anyway it is a long game, I started it in the end of August :grin: but with a break about 3 weeks in November.

Now I would want to test a Highlander ending:
crawlander.png
crawlander.png (98.71 KiB) Viewed 936 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 pm I cannot upgrade buildings in my subjugated human systems. In some of them I am able upgrade only Automated Farms and Replication Plants.
I think you're going to find this somewhat funny.
From what I can tell, the Feds reached TL12 and kept researching; since they had reached max TL, Energy TL was reset to 1 :shock:

geordie wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:11 am In top game, with all empires being developed, next turn processing lasted about 1 minute.
That should improve when we get threading working correctly.

Now I would want to test a Highlander ending:
:lol:

Victory conditions settings are not currently being stored in savegames, so you might want to save the game the turn before you'll eliminate the Feds, as you won't see the victory screen. We can then see about a cheat to allow you to see it.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I think you're going to find this somewhat funny.
From what I can tell, the Feds reached TL12 and kept researching; since they had reached max TL, Energy TL was reset to 1 :shock:
I suspected something like that and that's why I underlined Feds research level as at least 11. But to have the University at 11 and the Databank at 1 was strange. Even if Feds did not build any security building that should be on level 11 anyway.

I would suggest increasing the level 12 and 13 (Omiscience) significantly to spend more turns to reach the Research victory.

BTW - unless it was changed in the last patch, I had a feeling that AI was using older threshold for security (50%?). I met usually to many security building in conquered systems.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:12 am I suspected something like that and that's why I underlined Feds research level as at least 11. But to have the University at 11 and the Databank at 1 was strange. Even if Feds did not build any security building that should be on level 11 anyway.
But that only happened on colonies with no Intel PFs but some Research PFs, correct?
If there are no PFs of a given type, the colony's default type is the best available. If there are PFs, the default is the current type.

I would suggest increasing the level 12 and 13 (Omiscience) significantly to spend more turns to reach the Research victory.
It took you 600+ turns for the Feds to reach TL12 in *one* field (out of 6). And that was on a 99x99 map.
The Tech Victory should be attainable in a timeframe comparable to other VCs, I think.
You are about to win by Elimination (~12 colonies to go). If we would increase the Tech VC, wouldn't that make it moot/obsolete :?:

To note that Large and Huge maps already have a research output penalty - we should probably make that penalty related to the actual size of the map (in sectors) instead of the map's size class (T,S,M,L,H) since it can be modded :?:

BTW - unless it was changed in the last patch, I had a feeling that AI was using older threshold for security (50%?). I met usually to many security building in conquered systems.
Your game was played mostly with an older patch, with the old values, correct? So it's likely that the AI built according to the old rules.

But IIRC in conquered systems the Intel PFs should have been destroyed :???: Will have to check.

Edit: Actually, no, they're not destroyed. Question: should they be :?:

Iceman wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:31 pm Victory conditions settings are not currently being stored in savegames, so you might want to save the game the turn before you'll eliminate the Feds, as you won't see the victory screen. We can then see about a cheat to allow you to see it.
Nevermind, elimination is always active...
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

But that only happened on colonies with no Intel PFs but some Research PFs, correct?
If there are no PFs of a given type, the colony's default type is the best available. If there are PFs, the default is the current type.
The default one was available, but even if I constructed type one or other (in other system) I couldn't upgrade it further.
Nevermind, elimination is always active...
I've only got that standard message, nothing else:
Screenshot 20221210 163452.jpg
Screenshot 20221210 163452.jpg (436.11 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:42 am The default one was available, but even if I constructed type one or other (in other system) I couldn't upgrade it further.
That's what I explained above?
From what I can tell, the Feds reached TL12 and kept researching; since they had reached max TL, Energy TL was reset to 1
Or is it something else I'm not understanding?

I've only got that standard message, nothing else:
Ah, right, fixed. The game was checking for empires that were not completely eliminated, thereby not counting the subjugated ones.
Keep a savegame to test it please, will release a new patch soon.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

The last Feds system - Kyana. The troops are there.
SP Klingons Huge Irregular 716.zip
(950.78 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks!

New patch.

Fixes and tweaks to victory conditions.

Fixed the TL12 issue.

AI will not send non-combat ships through defended wormholes (with stations only for now).

Improvements to AI colonization in Hard+ AIMode.

Fixes to AI colony management.

@geordie Now you can fully taste your victory :wink:

We still need to improve this though. This SitRep need to be a Yes/No dialog/screen (it's just a workaround).
We also need a new soundfx for the victory dialog/screen, the same soundfx playing twice is kind of odd... If anyone has a nice victory soundfx, please share (and a "defeat" one too, while at it).
Attachments
Qapla.png
Qapla.png (86.67 KiB) Viewed 834 times

Return to “Supremacy”