Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by the6the »

I think there should be something along the lines of "News of the Red Matter synthesis project by <CivName> has reached the far corners of the Galaxy" . Kind of warning you, but you still have no idea what exactly or how it's going to happen.

BTW, apart from winning the game, what happens if you would like to continue playing after reaching RM 100%? Is that an option? Do you get to go around blowing up stars? :mrgreen:
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Thanks for the kind words on the map editor. I really need to get back to it at some point. It may look nice and function decent, but the code is kind of a mess. Not sure when that's going to happen though, the combat engine is really taking a lot of my time.
BTW, apart from winning the game, what happens if you would like to continue playing after reaching RM 100%? Is that an option? Do you get to go around blowing up stars? :mrgreen:
Hehe, I kind of like that idea.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:51 pm I think there should be something along the lines of "News of the Red Matter synthesis project by <CivName> has reached the far corners of the Galaxy" . Kind of warning you, but you still have no idea what exactly or how it's going to happen.
There already is :wink:
I meant for you, when you start building the station. A warning about relations going down the toilet.

Right now, yes, you can continue playing.
That's an intriguing option :twisted: And have some sort of alliance form against you (like the anti-Borg alliance).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Misfire wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:06 pm Thanks for the kind words on the map editor. I really need to get back to it at some point. It may look nice and function decent, but the code is kind of a mess. Not sure when that's going to happen though, the combat engine is really taking a lot of my time.
Yep, the combat engine is more important right now. :cool:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Iceman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 am
Right now, yes, you can continue playing.
That's an intriguing option :twisted: And have some sort of alliance form against you (like the anti-Borg alliance).
Oh yeah! Bring it on baby :evil:
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Anyone getting any odd things like combat initiating but then nothing happening in the 05-02-2023 patch?

Starts to process the turn but combat does not start. Just a processing circle mouse icon

ESC takes me back to the main menu

That is the log error txt file if I 'retire' or exit the programme.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
at Supremacy.Utility.AsyncHelper.AsyncInvokeCallback(Object state) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Utility\AsyncHelper.cs:line 54
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

----------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Supremacy.Combat.CombatUpdate.get_Owner() in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Combat\CombatUpdate.cs:line 75
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.SendCombatUpdateCallback(CombatEngine engine, CombatUpdate update) in C:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 1124

----------------------------------------
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Do you have a savegame?
My battles are processing correctly, so far. It's probably a specific issue.
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Iceman wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:15 pm Do you have a savegame?
My battles are processing correctly, so far. It's probably a specific issue.
There you go
Attachments
SP Federation Custom Spiral 1 MR12.sav
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hmm, this is turn 1, and I've played half a dozen turns and nothing happened.
I even tried hailing and engaging the Axanar, but had no issues. Can you explain exactly what to do to reproduce what you reported, please?
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Iceman wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:27 pm Hmm, this is turn 1, and I've played half a dozen turns and nothing happened.
I even tried hailing and engaging the Axanar, but had no issues. Can you explain exactly what to do to reproduce what you reported, please?
Sorry may have given you the wrong save file. Its turn 12.

I think that autosave will do it. Basically if I move or do anything it happens. Hopefully you can import it. Would not allow it uploading without changing the file extension from .autosav to .sav
Autsave copy.sav
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 29 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the save, I have it fixed, and a couple more related things. I'm just curbing some suicidal tendencies by the AI, and will release a new patch asap.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

In custom maps, the options tooltip now doesn't show invalid settings, and the names of savegames now identify the map being played.
The code for the Borg AI building assemblers (for hubs) has been tweaked. Please keep an eye on this, and report any issues.
The AI will now not declare war unless it has at least 3 attack fleets; the minimum size of those fleets will need to be tweaked I'm sure.
Fixed some issues with AI vs AI battles.
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Iceman wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:37 am New patch.

In custom maps, the options tooltip now doesn't show invalid settings, and the names of savegames now identify the map being played.
The code for the Borg AI building assemblers (for hubs) has been tweaked. Please keep an eye on this, and report any issues.
The AI will now not declare war unless it has at least 3 attack fleets; the minimum size of those fleets will need to be tweaked I'm sure.
Fixed some issues with AI vs AI battles.
:up:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Hi Iceman,
Could you check, please, if something changed in the Open Border treaty effects?
Recently I lost two colony ships trying to visit aggressive (raider and warlike ones) minor race systems to terraform planets there, despite that the treaty was agreed in both cases. In a deceptive race system I have the encounter screen every turn.
Is it also possible to improve a connection to the galaxy screen from the scroll system list? If I choise a system from that list and next switch to the galaxy screen I am moved to last visited system from colonies screen or sitrep.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:00 pm Hi Iceman,
Could you check, please, if something changed in the Open Border treaty effects?
Recently I lost two colony ships trying to visit aggressive (raider and warlike ones) minor race systems to terraform planets there, despite that the treaty was agreed in both cases.
Yes, it did. Friendly civs didn't use to trigger the combat screen, but a month ago (jan9, page 162) the6the mentioned that there is no reason you shouldn't be able to have a chance to engage them.
I forgot to update the AI decision making :oops: (those civs engage in AIMode > Normal, will need to add a check for OB)

In a deceptive race system I have the encounter screen every turn.
Deceptive races have no special behavior in this situation.
Do you mean that every other race type will trigger the combat screen (every turn), which is annoying :?:
If so, yes, it's really annoying, and it's in my list to do something about it.

Is it also possible to improve a connection to the galaxy screen from the scroll system list? If I choise a system from that list and next switch to the galaxy screen I am moved to last visited system from colonies screen or sitrep.
You mean when you are in the Colonies screen (F2) and switch colonies by using the pulldown selector :?:
I can look into that.

Return to “Supremacy”