Star Trek - Picard S3

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Star Trek - Picard S3

Post by Valcoren »

I hope the EU also got the new release of the show this week. episode 1 was outstanding, but my biggest takeaway was the new LCARS system the LCARS2 is amazing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Axis
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Trek - Picard S3

Post by Axis »

At least it has better blue and red (closer to opposites of each other, looks comfortably warm and more interesting).

I'm watching S2 of Picard from blu-ray (lagging behind in these new series, also have to wait for nordic translations for b-r).

I wouldn't know about the rest of EU about this new season, but I guess they have to translate it before release, so it might take some time.
Impress the Empress.
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

The first episode was ok but also episode 1-3 of season 1-2 were ok, after that it went steadily downhill. I'm not expecting much from season 3 - especially since it was produced at the same time as season 2.

It feels more like a Christmas special with Star Trek TNG characters...
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Is Picard worth watching? I stopped paying attention to any of the new stuff after the 2nd new movie, never even watched the 3rd. Well, until just recently when I watched all 3 of the new movies to see if they were as bad as I seemed to remember. 1st is OK I guess, like some aspects of it, could've been done a lot better. Those movies all have a Star Wars feel to them. Didn't much care for the second one, and really didn't like the 3rd. Just felt like 1 long action scene with brief interruptions.

Regarding the LCARS screens, looks like a more useable interface compared to say TNG. Seemed like the panels there were just a bunch of different colored buttons with some number on them that the operator just knew what each button did.
Axis
Captain
Captain

Post by Axis »

I think this thread should be in the General Chang, Chat, I mean General Chat section btw. :roll:
Impress the Empress.

Return to “Supremacy”